PDA

View Full Version : Twins TV announcers are garbage

I want Mags back
08-01-2008, 07:24 AM
I didnt get to watch the game last night, just as I have not been able to watch for 2 months being at a summer camp. But i have mlb.tv and late last night I decided check out what the whole fiasco was in the 7th. Here are so quotables I took from that 5 minutes.

"How can the 3rd base umpire see that from that far away"

hello, thats his ****ing job, to look at the angle of the bat

"Hopefully these fans can show there Minnesota sportsmanship and we can resume this game"

Minnesota sportsmanship? are you ****ing kidding me? why do minnesota people think they are so nice and kind and whatever?

ill post more later

itsnotrequired
08-01-2008, 07:49 AM
If I was a fan of an opposing team, I wouldn't entertain statements from Sox fans about the "garbageness" of the TV announcers. Hawk is the Sanitation Commisioner of announcers.

hellview
08-01-2008, 08:02 AM
If I was a fan of an opposing team, I wouldn't entertain statements from Sox fans about the "garbageness" of the TV announcers. Hawk is the Sanitation Commisioner of announcers.

Well said...

Law11
08-01-2008, 08:16 AM
I am so sick of hawks whining I've been turning off the sound.

skottyj242
08-01-2008, 08:30 AM

Your momma.

pierzynski07
08-01-2008, 08:35 AM
"Hopefully these fans can show there Minnesota sportsmanship and we can resume this game"

Minnesota sportsmanship? are you ****ing kidding me? why do minnesota people think they are so nice and kind and whatever?
They aren't?

Madscout
08-01-2008, 08:54 AM
They aren't?
"The leaves on the trees are changing this time of year at lake Woebegone, doncha know. So, so long from lake Woebegone, where the women are robust, the men are pink cheeked, and the children are pink cheeked and robust."

wulfy
08-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Your momma.

+1

turners56
08-01-2008, 09:38 AM
I didnt get to watch the game last night, just as I have not been able to watch for 2 months being at a summer camp. But i have mlb.tv and late last night I decided check out what the whole fiasco was in the 7th. Here are so quotables I took from that 5 minutes.

ill post more later

They were saying that Span didn't even come close to bunting the ball, but as they showed more replays, it was quite apparent that Span only pulled the bat back because he got hit. The bat was out there for quite a while.

cleanwsox
08-01-2008, 09:40 AM
I went to 3 out of the 4 games this series dressed up in all Sox stuff and heard "Sox suck" once.. and it was outside the park before the game.

Granted I haven't been to many other opposing parks, but I feel Twins fans are pretty easy on opposing fans. A lot nicer than what I hear from some of my friends who are Twins fan that head to the Cell. I'm sure its all on a case by case basis but at least that's my first hand view.

Lukin13
08-01-2008, 09:41 AM
If I remember correctly from the year I spent out of the area listening to the games on XM... the Twins announcers are the best in the business. Very insightful and not afraid to say what they feel... without it being a schtick: dagummit.

turners56
08-01-2008, 09:52 AM
If I remember correctly from the year I spent out of the area listening to the games on XM... the Twins announcers are the best in the business. Very insightful and not afraid to say what they feel... without it being a schtick: dagummit.

Ummmm...XM radio announcers aren't the same as the TV ones...

nug0hs
08-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Yeah, they are pretty bad.

CIRCLE ME BERT!

Come on, don't you want to be circled on FSN North?!

PatK
08-01-2008, 10:37 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about Hawk, the way he announced the last series.

I want Mags back
08-01-2008, 10:39 AM
They were saying that Span didn't even come close to bunting the ball, but as they showed more replays, it was quite apparent that Span only pulled the bat back because he got hit. The bat was out there for quite a while.

but to say it wasnt the 3rd baseumpires call was just ignorant IMO

I want Mags back
08-01-2008, 10:42 AM

the radio guys are very good. The announcer in Little Big League is one of them

Palehose Pete
08-01-2008, 11:14 AM
I am so sick of hawks whining I've been turning off the sound.

I do the same thing. I turn Farmer and Stone while watching the TV. It's sooooo much better.

If anyone listens to Steve Dahl in the morning, he does a pretty funny impression of Hawk and DJ in the booth. Cracks me up, but, sadly, it's entirely too accurate.

turners56
08-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Yeah, they are pretty bad.

CIRCLE ME BERT!

Come on, don't you want to be circled on FSN North?!

Lol, I saw that.

Next time, you'll see fans on Sunday Night football asking John Madden to circle them.

itsnotrequired
08-01-2008, 11:55 AM
basically, fans and announcers are puds

nasox
08-01-2008, 11:56 AM
"The leaves on the trees are changing this time of year at lake Woebegone, doncha know. So, so long from lake Woebegone, where the women are robust, the men are pink cheeked, and the children are pink cheeked and robust."

Fail. Obvious mixage going on of Wisconsin and Minasotan accents, and the quote is messed up. If you messed it up intentionally to be funny, it didn't work.

It goes, "That's the news from Lake Wobegon, where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average."

I hate Twins fans but I like A Prairie Home Companion.

Lukin13
08-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Ummmm...XM radio announcers aren't the same as the TV ones...

no **** sherlock.

DumpJerry
08-01-2008, 12:00 PM

ill post more later
So they're homers for their team. Big deal. I bet they pronounced "their" correctly.:wink:

white sox bill
08-01-2008, 12:50 PM
I don't know, I hate to stereotype fans. After all there are 3 million "fans" (or tourists) that go thru the turnstiles at Clark and Addison that aren't what I would call model fans. I don't think they properly represent Chicagoans

mccoydp
08-01-2008, 01:06 PM

I love "The Prairie Home Companion", and especially love listening to Garrison Keillor.

Brian26
08-01-2008, 03:36 PM
If anyone listens to Steve Dahl in the morning, he does a pretty funny impression of Hawk and DJ in the booth. Cracks me up, but, sadly, it's entirely too accurate.

Is it funnier than that hilarious Boys of Zimmer parody song he refuses to admit he made in '89?

1908<2005
08-01-2008, 05:24 PM
It's kind of hypocritical to make fun of any opposing team's announcer when we are stuck with Hawk and DJ.

WSox597
08-01-2008, 05:34 PM
I wonder when Harrelson will retire? He's 67 already, and that's an age when most people want to kick back and enjoy what's left of their time.

I could think of better ways to spend my time then flying all over the country, living in hotels. I've worked out of town more than a few times, and the novelty wears off quick.

His schtick is wearing WAY thin, at least for me it is. I keep wondering about Steve Stone in the TV booth.

That would work for me.

RadioheadRocks
08-01-2008, 10:12 PM

Yeah, but that "touch 'em all" schtick is beyond lame and its 15 minutes were up a long time ago.

Nellie_Fox
08-02-2008, 01:25 AM
I haven't been able to find any official explanation of what the umpire's call was on that, but after watching it several times, I wish to point out that the rule says that you get a base if hit by a pitch while legally in the batter's box. When he squared around to bunt, his left foot was entirely outside the batter's box, practically behind home plate. That is not "legally in the batter's box." In fact, by the rules, had he successfully gotten the bat on the ball, he should have been called out (although umpires NEVER call that) for making contact while not in the batter's box.

I tried to find out what the rule is if you get hit by the pitch while outside the batter's box, and couldn't find anything. So, I would have to assume that, since you don't get a base, the pitch is just called for what it is, which is what happened.