PDA

View Full Version : START PANICKING AGAIN! Aaaaaaaaaaah!

doublem23
07-31-2008, 11:41 PM
Get on the trolley everyone, before it runs out of room.

oeo
07-31-2008, 11:47 PM
The Curse of Griffey...he just can't win.

Kub_Killer_15
07-31-2008, 11:47 PM
I will stay off that trolley. Still a half game up, anything can happen.

BleacherBandit
07-31-2008, 11:48 PM
When does Linebrink get back? I've heard that he's sceduled to come back in mid-august, which is not good consitering the game tonight.

Frankfan4life
07-31-2008, 11:49 PM
As I stated in the postgame thread, with the exception of the White Sox and the Angels, every team who was leading their division coming into the month of July either lost the lead at one point this month or have been tied for the lead. And I might add each team rebounded.

For the Sox to lose or be tied for the lead would be bad but it's not a death sentence.

oeo
07-31-2008, 11:50 PM
When does Linebrink get back? I've heard that he's sceduled to come back in mid-august, which is not good consitering the game tonight.

We just need some roles to be moved around. Ozzie is using the bullpen like he was earlier in the year, and those guys just aren't getting it done right now. Have to use the hot hand, even if it doesn't seem as "good." That means moving Wassermann and Carrasco to later inning roles. If that doesn't work, then we need to look at Link and Rodriguez in the minors, and Logan/Thornton better get their asses in gear quick.

Vernam
07-31-2008, 11:52 PM
I have a feeling the worst is over, with Crede and Contreras soon returning, hopefully followed by a healthy Linebrink. Our pen is showing some wear, but I still think the starting pitching will get us where we want to be.

Not that a 38-year-old Griffey is a likely savior, but I'm in favor of any move that reduces Konerko's at-bats.

Vernam

oeo
07-31-2008, 11:53 PM
BTW, how am I supposed to panic without the button?

It's Dankerific
07-31-2008, 11:55 PM
I like how the offense responded, namely TCQ and JD in the top of the 8th. Everyone in the gamethread was ****ting bricks and I told them there was a chance. Now, the Bullpen decided to forget their diapers and **** all over the metrodome, but the team overall is a fighter.

This team doesnt give up. At times, the bullpen can't pitch, but they don't give up.

SoxSpeed22
08-01-2008, 12:03 AM
****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Panicking!

doublem23
08-01-2008, 12:07 AM

I'm no button-pusher, man.

Britt Burns
08-01-2008, 12:31 AM
It's in the bag.

Trust me...it will be a tough couple of months, but we will come out ahead.

Relax.

thomas35forever
08-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Even if we do give up the lead, we'll take it right back. This team does not quit. If it did, we'd be in second place right now. Not the case as we leave Minnesota in first place. Let's go to KC now and flush out the Royals.

RedHeadPaleHoser
08-01-2008, 06:06 AM
Not panicking.

But Dotel needs his ass kicked. I'm tired of watching him come in and **** things up for our SP.

Frater Perdurabo
08-01-2008, 07:05 AM

:D:

SoxGirl4Life
08-01-2008, 07:20 AM
I was afraid to come by here after the game.

But its nice to see we're all keeping things in perspective :wink:

southside rocks
08-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Yep, I'm in full panic mode -- my life is meaningless, I don't seen any point in anything, I am camped on KW's doorstep so I can tell him, at length, just what is wrong with this club and what he has to do about it NOW, and I'm so fried that I just can't function!

:rolleyes:

Bottom line: if the Sox don't start playing like a first-place team, they won't be a first-place team. Nothing I do or say can affect that in the slightest. So, I wait and watch.

voodoochile
08-01-2008, 10:05 AM

I pushed that button and it started raining printer ink cartridges and other high end expensive stuff down in my living room. So I spent the night sitting on it. Now I got enough stuff to open a office supply store, and it's all free.

I figure I'll net out several thousand dollars so why would I panic?

Optipessimism
08-01-2008, 10:09 AM
This thread sucks. Linebrink was the glue that held our pen together and he's out until mid-late August. Maybe some think the panic stuff is a joke now, but just wait... We're a 1/2 game up with no pen. Hooray.

markopat
08-01-2008, 10:13 AM
It's in the bag.

Trust me...it will be a tough couple of months, but we will come out ahead.

Relax.

HEY...no encouraging posts in a dark cloud thread Britt!!

:kneeslap:

(*whisper* I agree!)