PDA

View Full Version : Angels

Fenway
07-31-2008, 10:36 PM
The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim are making a strong statement tour on this eastern trip. They demolished Boston at Fenway and won easily tonight in New York.

They are a lock to win the AL West and just look solid across the board. Right now they are the team to beat in the AL.

It's Dankerific
07-31-2008, 10:43 PM
We can take them.

LoveYourSuit
07-31-2008, 10:53 PM
We can take them.

I wouldn't trust our bullpen right now for a little league game.

doublem23
07-31-2008, 11:09 PM

That's because you're weak.

asindc
07-31-2008, 11:10 PM

Now, now, that's no way to encourage the dark clouds to become positive!:tongue:

spiffie
07-31-2008, 11:46 PM
Now, now, that's no way to encourage the dark clouds to become positive!:tongue:
Anyone who doesn't believe this team can win it all should take a sledgehammer to their computer so they do not pollute the internet with their garbage.

SOX OR DIE!

Madscout
08-01-2008, 09:50 AM
I agree that the Angels are definatly the team to beat. The are the only team that wins consistantly on the road, and what is scary, they are pretty much the same team on the road as they are at home, or at least they were last time I looked at their records. If they make it to the series, nobody could beat this team, not even the cubs.

soxpride724
08-01-2008, 07:07 PM
The Angels are the team that scares the crap out of me right now. Anything can happen in the postseason I know, but this team is on a tear.

BleacherBandit
08-01-2008, 07:44 PM
:mad:Screw K-Rod. Stealing Thigpen's save record.....

I pick them to win the Pennant.

btrain929
08-01-2008, 07:46 PM
:mad:Screw K-Rod. Stealing Thigpen's save record.....

I pick them to win the Pennant.

Fixed it for ya. You don't just "steal" a record like that...

Hitmen77
08-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Getting a little ahead of myself here, but the Angels are probably the team I fear most of us facing in the playoffs.

But if a team other than the Sox has to win the AL pennant, I'd rather have it be the Angels (or better yet the Rays) than the Eastern Seaboard Propaganda Network home teams.

Plus if we aren't going to be there, for those of us who are "flubsessed", the Angels look like a good last line of defense (if it comes to that) to keep the Cubs futility streak going into a 2nd century.

FarWestChicago
08-01-2008, 10:11 PM

That's because you're weak.:thumbsup: You have to love the "how big of a pansy can I be" crowd.

RockJock07
08-03-2008, 01:38 PM
The Angels are a flashy, better version of the Twins. They are so sound everywhere and will be in the world series this year.

WhiteSoxJunkie
08-03-2008, 08:46 PM
The Angels were the team to beat before adding Teixeira. Now that they have another power hitter to help Hunter and Vlad, watch out. Oh, and Teixeira can field too.

08-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Fixed it for ya. You don't just "steal" a record like that...

:scratch:

TDog
08-04-2008, 03:26 PM
The Angels are a flashy, better version of the Twins. They are so sound everywhere and will be in the world series this year.

If they continue to play like they did Saturday and Sunday in New York, they will only end up winning the division because Billy Beane conceded the race.

In some ways, the Angels in New York Saturday and Sunday looked worse than the Sox in Kansas City Saturday and Sunday.

PennStater98r
08-04-2008, 04:09 PM

Yes! Weakness is judging things like evidence and trends! ;) I love the Sox, and I know we'll take the division - because the Twinkies just suck on the road (is that the kettle calling the pot black?), but our bullpen looks like trash right now.