PDA

View Full Version : Griffey will pass Shammy in a Sox uniform!

ohiosoxfan
07-31-2008, 04:39 PM
Don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but with Griffey at 608 HR and Sosa at 609 (and presumably done), Griff ought to pass up Shammy on the all-time HR list in black and silver, maybe as soon as the next homestand!

rwcescato
07-31-2008, 04:40 PM
Don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but with Griffey at 608 HR and Sosa at 609 (and presumably done), Griff ought to pass up Shammy on the all-time HR list in black and silver, maybe as soon as the next homestand!

or tonight if he gets to minnesota.

oeo
07-31-2008, 04:46 PM
or tonight if he gets to minnesota.

He's not. He'll be with the team tomorrow in KC.

TDog
07-31-2008, 04:48 PM
People didn't make such a big deal out of Thome passing Thomas in a White Sox uniform.

What I think is more interesting is the fact that White Sox bench coach Joey Cora used to bat in front of Griffey in the Mariners lineup. Cora also hit in front of Frank Thomas in the 1990s. It's amazing pitchers ever walked him at all.

oeo
07-31-2008, 04:50 PM
People didn't make such a big deal out of Thome passing Thomas in a White Sox uniform.

I fail to see the comparison between the cheating scumbag that is Sammy Sosa, and Frank Thomas.

TDog
07-31-2008, 04:54 PM
I fail to see the comparison between the cheating scumbag that is Sammy Sosa, and Frank Thomas.

I fail to see why anyone cares that Griffey passes Sosa on the all-time home run list.

oeo
07-31-2008, 04:54 PM
I fail to see why anyone cares that Griffey passes Sosa on the all-time home run list.

Because he's a cheating scumbag, that's why.

twsoxfan5
07-31-2008, 04:59 PM

Because some people here don't like the Cubs or the cheater Sammy Sosa and would enjoy seeing him being passed by a White Sox player on the all-time home run list. I could care less, but that's my opinion. I wish everyone would stop acting like people here aren't allowed to hate the Cubs.

FielderJones
07-31-2008, 05:19 PM
I wish everyone would stop acting like people here aren't allowed to hate the Cubs.

You're only allowed to hate the Cubs in What's The Score (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18). :redneck

AzureJazzMan
07-31-2008, 05:24 PM
If it helps, he is only 1 extra base hit away from tying Ty Cobb as 10th on the all time list.

twsoxfan5
07-31-2008, 05:52 PM
You're only allowed to hate the Cubs in What's The Score (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=18). :redneck

I was going to mention in my post that there was a better place for it as well, but I felt it took away from my overall angst. I am glad it has been moved to it's proper place though.