PDA

View Full Version : When will KW speak?

gosox83
07-31-2008, 02:00 PM
Does anyone know when we can hear our first interview from KW since the trade(s) occured?

Thanks,

GOSOX

pythons007
07-31-2008, 02:02 PM
Probably not until tonight at the earliest. There is still another hour for the trade deadline, and I'm sure there are things that still need to be worked out with the current trade.

getonbckthr
07-31-2008, 02:05 PM
We still need a bullpen arm.

Tekijawa
07-31-2008, 02:06 PM
We still need a bullpen arm.
And another city for Konerko to play in.

White City
07-31-2008, 02:06 PM
If I were him, I'd let the morons in the Chicago press make fools of themselves for 24 hours before coming out there to lay down some knowledge.

areilly
07-31-2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I'm curious to hear if Griffey knows how to win and plays the game the right way. It's been bugging me all morning.

CashMan
07-31-2008, 02:35 PM
And another city for Konerko to play in.

What incentive is there for Konerko, to waive his no trade clause to go play somewhere else?

Marqhead
07-31-2008, 02:37 PM
I have heard KW will have a 3pm press conference from Minnesota.

Madvora
07-31-2008, 02:43 PM
Is this supposed to be on TV or radio? Where can we find it?

sox1970
07-31-2008, 02:49 PM
Is this supposed to be on TV or radio? Where can we find it?

More than likely it's a conference call that will be posted to the Sox website after it's over.

anewman35
07-31-2008, 02:53 PM
He's got some quotes up now on Chicagosports.com. http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2008/07/ken-griffey-jr.html

CHIsoxNation
07-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Just got an official email from the White Sox.

Kenny was quoted as saying this move gives Ozzie some more flexibility and a chance to keep some of our middle of the order guys fresh down the stretch. He said he talked with Ken and he was excited to come to Chicago.

Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Tekijawa
07-31-2008, 02:58 PM
He said he talked with Ken and he was excited to come to Chicago.

With comments like that I'm sure we'll see headlines in the Tribune tomorrow that say that Griffey wants to go to the Cubs.

Frankfan4life
07-31-2008, 02:59 PM
Less than five minutes left till trade deadline. It looks like the deal for a SP fell through. I guess everyone was asking for too much or at least more than KW was willing to give up.

MCHSoxFan
07-31-2008, 02:59 PM
And this trade deadline is OVAH!!!

the1tab
07-31-2008, 03:04 PM
I have waited for the "other shoe to drop" since 9 this morning... waiting for a 2nd or 3rd deal to clear some of the $/talent off of this team to make the Junior move make sense.

Nothing but silence (and 1,100 posts about Griffey's pending arrival).

I guess I wonder what's up now more than this morning because right now we have a logjam in the OF and a bunch of slow 35+ yr olds that swing for the fences.

How have we improved?

I still don't see this team playing w/ Anaheim.

Over By There
07-31-2008, 03:18 PM
A few people have mentioned that KW was doing a presser at 3:00 - is this happening?

Frankfan4life
07-31-2008, 03:25 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/www.1tuffplace.com/MorganJoe2.06-Headshot.jpg
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:PAk99o-sXvDRoM:http://www.1tuffplace.com/MorganJoe2.06-Headshot.jpg

Kenny Williams had better have a good explanation for why he's dismantling the best bullpen I have ever seen. I guess it just doesn't pay to say anything nice about the White Sox.

sox1970
07-31-2008, 03:27 PM
KW is supposed to talk after 4.

ondafarm
07-31-2008, 03:27 PM
If I were him, I'd let the morons in the Chicago press make fools of themselves for 24 hours before coming out there to lay down some knowledge.

If that was the criteria, I'd take a vow of silence.

hawkjt
07-31-2008, 06:15 PM
I heard kenny interviewed on ChicagoTRibune live from minny and he indicated that Jr. is very excited about joining the sox,has already talked to AJ and JD, and is ready to go to centerfield.

Kenny said that he sees it as strengthing the core of his team. He said that Thome has a slight groin pull right now, and he has to guard against injuries.
Said that PK and Swish know it will eat into their at bats but are on board as they want to win. He also said that pitching was not moving anywhere due to high asking prices. He was out there but nothing was worth top prospects and he feels that they have seen enough from Richard to feel he can be a swing guy that be long relief,spot start, or go in and get out a tough lefty.

George Offman was ripping on him and kenny laughingly gave it right back.

btrain929
07-31-2008, 06:17 PM
I heard kenny interviewed on ChicagoTRibune live from minny and he indicated that Jr. is very excited about joining the sox,has already talked to AJ and JD, and is ready to go to centerfield.

Kenny said that he sees it as strengthing the core of his team. He said that Thome has a slight groin pull right now, and he has to guard against injuries.
Said that PK and Swish know it will eat into their at bats but are on board as they want to win. He also said that pitching was not moving anywhere due to high asking prices. He was out there but nothing was worth top prospects and he feels that they have seen enough from Richard to feel he can be a swing guy that be long relief,spot start, or go in and get out a tough lefty.

George Offman was ripping on him and kenny laughingly gave it right back.

Also known as a slight "really close to having the at bats needed for his '09 option to kick in" pull.