PDA

View Full Version : Cubs talking Milton Bradley?

the1tab
07-31-2008, 12:45 PM
per Bruce Levine on ESPN 1000

thedudeabides
07-31-2008, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath if Bruce is the only source. He has to throw something in there for the Cubs, since the Sox made a trade.

Law11
07-31-2008, 12:52 PM

But they wont have to give up any every day players.

SoxGirl4Life
07-31-2008, 12:55 PM
But they wont have to give up any every day players.

Maybe TX will throw in Hamilton for Cedano?

PatK
07-31-2008, 01:03 PM

Any trader rumor threads that start with "per Bruce Levine" should be grounds for a banning.

the1tab
07-31-2008, 01:15 PM
Any trader rumor threads that start with "per Bruce Levine" should be grounds for a banning.

Thanks for picking up on the sarcastic humor in leading the thread with "per Bruce Levine"

"Richard Nixon running for President as Independant" - per Bruce Levine

Feel better?

btrain929
07-31-2008, 01:25 PM
They'd have to give up pieces from their MLB roster. TEX better ask for a ton since Bradley is having an amazing offensive year.

Won't happen.

PatK
07-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Thanks for picking up on the sarcastic humor in leading the thread with "per Bruce Levine"

"Richard Nixon running for President as Independant" - per Bruce Levine

Feel better?

:tealtutor:

Learn it. Love it. Live it.

Adele_H
08-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Milton Bradley's mixture of power, patience and ability to hit good pitching (an underrated sub-skill not everyone pays attention to unfortunately) would have been perfect for our team before we got Griffey.

I don't know if Bradley can play 1B well, though. As we've seen with Swisher having difficulty scooping the ball, it's a not matter of simply plugging someone in there, you still need technique and experience to make a transition.

btrain929
08-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Milton Bradley's mixture of power, patience and ability to hit good pitching (an underrated sub-skill not everyone pays attention to unfortunately) would have been perfect for our team before we got Griffey.

I don't know if Bradley can play 1B well, though. As we've seen with Swisher having difficulty scooping the ball, it's a not matter of simply plugging someone in there, you still need technique and experience to make a transition.

I'm sure you know that he would have cost about 5-10x what it took to get Griffey, right?

RadioheadRocks
08-01-2008, 11:14 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath if Bruce is the only source. He has to throw something in there for the Cubs, since the Sox made a trade.

Maybe when he said "Milton Bradley" he actually meant they were getting together for a game of Twister. :D:

Shoeless
08-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Maybe when he said "Milton Bradley" he actually meant they were getting together for a game of Twister. :D:
Carlos Zambrano and Aramis Ramirez playing twister? I think i just threw up in my mouth.

turners56
08-02-2008, 01:21 PM

Bradley's a better OFer than Griffey at this point in his career.

Adele_H
08-02-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm sure you know that he would have cost about 5-10x what it took to get Griffey, right?

5-10 times?

Yes, because is in Texas in contention and really wouldn't want our young pitching...

Frater Perdurabo
08-02-2008, 02:02 PM
5-10 times?

Yes, because is in Texas in contention and really wouldn't want our young pitching...

The Rangers are playing for the Wild Card. They are in 4th place, five games back. With all their pitching issues and their schedule (lots of games left with the Angels, Rays, Red Sox and Yankees), I don't think they have much of a chance, but they would like their fans to think they do.