07-31-2008, 07:24 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10914320

So now, is he on the simulated game DL as well? :cool:

jackbrohamer
07-31-2008, 07:43 AM
Must be one hell of a "blister."

Save McCuddy's
07-31-2008, 08:24 AM
As much as I can't stand the candy-assed cub fans and their disney style romances with Wood and a host of others (Ty Griffin, Carl "Tuffy" Rhodes, Prior, Gracey, etc), I have a begrudging respect for Kerry Wood . He's resisted playing the prima donna card, worked hard to recover from injuries (albeit self-inflicted) and has generally been a stand-up guy about his past failures.

SOXPHILE
07-31-2008, 09:53 AM
As much as I can't stand the candy-assed cub fans and their disney style romances with Wood and a host of others (Ty Griffin, Carl "Tuffy" Rhodes, Prior, Gracey, etc), I have a begrudging respect for Kerry Wood . He's resisted playing the prima donna card, worked hard to recover from injuries (albeit self-inflicted) and has generally been a stand-up guy about his past failures.

To a certain extent, yes. But he's also the guy who despite being shown his terrible mechanics (throwing across the body) are most likely the reason he has continuing injury problems, stubornly refused to change. One of the times when somebody mentioned to him that Steve Stone has pointed this out, he arrogantly said "Who's he ?" (ummm...a Cy Young award winner, that's who, Carrie. )

PatK
07-31-2008, 10:14 AM

Same here.

Plus, he stuck with the Cubs for less money than he probably could have gotten on the open market a couple of years ago out of loyalty for them sticking by him.

FedEx227
07-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Those shoulder ligament blisters will kill ya.