PDA

View Full Version : Ken Griffey, Jr. Speculation Extravaganza

Pages : [1] 2

cbotnyse
07-31-2008, 07:04 AM
did we get em??? I'm hearing we did.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8398348/Reds,-ChiSox-agree-on-Griffey-trade,-await-approval

this would be awesome. He was my idol growing up (next to Frank).

peelwonder
07-31-2008, 07:07 AM
did we get em??? I'm hearing we did.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8398348/Reds,-ChiSox-agree-on-Griffey-trade,-await-approval

this would be awesome.

That's what I'm hearing.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-31-2008, 07:08 AM
:o:
This could be huge if he accepts the trade. I'd think it would set up a possible platoon at 1b with Nick Swisher and Paul Konerko!

Frater Perdurabo
WOW! if true...

fugazis
That only took 10 years to complete

DumpJerry
07-31-2008, 07:10 AM
Nothing else (yet) on ESPN, Tribune, Sun Times sites........:crossfingers::praying:

ms620
07-31-2008, 07:13 AM
He has been playing RF for the last 2 years...can he play center still?

RowanDye
Where's he gonna play?

No seriously. Can he even play CF anymore?

munchman33
Wow. I don't care if he's injury prone or not as good. He definately helps. And he's one of my all time favorites. :bandance:

aryzner
07-31-2008, 07:14 AM
Anybody know who we give (gave?) to the Reds for him?

hellview
07-31-2008, 07:15 AM
What?!?! This makes no sense if it's true...

Like Pudge going to NY it's more name then talent.

RedHeadPaleHoser
Wow!!!

Pending his approval? Hmm....stay in Cinci or go to Chicago and contend for the AL Central, and possibly more? Does he need help packing? :D:

The Critic
I know this is a small detail, but I wonder what number he'd wear here?
Harold's 3 is retired, 24 is Joe, Swish has too much emotion invested in his DIRTY 30, and Javy wears 33.

Frater Perdurabo
07-31-2008, 07:16 AM
He's only hitting .245 this season, but .271 in July. Likewise he has a .787 OPS for the year but .927 for July. Also, for the past three years (2005-2007) August has been his best month (.987 OPS).

How many more years are on his contract?

munchman33
07-31-2008, 07:17 AM
Anybody know who we give (gave?) to the Reds for him?

Paul Konerko

Frater Perdurabo
07-31-2008, 07:19 AM
Paul Konerko

:rolling:

The circle would be complete, then. We traded Cameron to get Konerko. Cameron (and others) were dealt to get Griffey.

sox102
07-31-2008, 07:20 AM
Hopefully BA and PK.

VenturaFan23
07-31-2008, 07:21 AM
If BA is a part of this deal, I'm going to stay away from WSI for awhile.

RedHeadPaleHoser
07-31-2008, 07:21 AM
Paul Konerko

I love Paulie....but moving Swish to 1st, and Griffey in center - love it more.

DumpJerry
07-31-2008, 07:23 AM
My only problem with this is that Rosenthal is the source. Not the most reliable guy on the block......

Frater Perdurabo
07-31-2008, 07:23 AM
Rotoworld says that Griffey has an $16.5 million club option w/$4 million buyout for 2009. (http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=MLB&id=1533)

KRS1
07-31-2008, 07:24 AM
Well... He's got a hugely overpriced option for next season (16.5MM), add that to the one we will in all likelihood have to shell out for Thome, and we got two pretty old and pretty damn expensive players on the roster.

I just hope we didn't give up much for him when he's having the worst year of his career and is owed a boat load of money next year.

Frater Perdurabo
07-31-2008, 07:25 AM
Hopefully BA and PK.

If BA is a part of this deal, I'm going to stay away from WSI for awhile.

As a notorious FOBA, I don't care as long as Griffey helps the Sox win the series. If not, I hope they address CF this offseason (and not with a career corner outfielder).

KRS1
07-31-2008, 07:29 AM
Well, it was just on Mike and Mike.

Craig Grebeck
07-31-2008, 07:30 AM
Well that came out of nowhere. I wonder who went back.

kraut83
07-31-2008, 07:31 AM
Quentin, Swisher, Dye, Griffey. That's a nice outfield platoon, plus it gives Ozzie more lineup flexibility to play the pitching matchups or go with the hot bat.

I won't shed a tear if BA is involved in this.

DumpJerry
07-31-2008, 07:33 AM
:praying::praying::praying::praying::praying:
confirmation, confirmation....

munchman33
Tim Derkes from MLBTR (I know, not everyone's favorite site) brought up an interesting idea. We might be trying Griffey at first.

Hitmen77
My only problem with this is that Rosenthal is the source. Not the most reliable guy on the block......

He doesn't even get Griffey's age right. Junior is 38, not 36.

I'm not sure how this trade makes any sense unless we're getting rid of Dye, Quentin, Thome or Konerko. I don't see any of these guys going anywhere. Konerko is a 5/10 guy...and why would the Reds want him anyway.

Craig Grebeck
07-31-2008, 07:35 AM
Tim Derkes from MLBTR (I know, not everyone's favorite site) brought up an interesting idea. We might be trying Griffey at first.
He's only appeared twice in his career at first base, both times being a long time ago.

alohafri
07-31-2008, 07:36 AM
:praying::praying::praying::praying::praying:
confirmation, confirmation....

Does the Steve Dahl show count? :wink:

Craig Grebeck
07-31-2008, 07:37 AM
I'm not exactly thrilled with harming the up the middle defense by putting Griffey in CF. He needs to be in the corners or DH -- but that doesn't make any sense.

Cue Hawk.

Juice16
07-31-2008, 07:38 AM
I don't see how Griffey can do any worse that Swish in center.

areilly
07-31-2008, 07:40 AM
Another slow, old guy having a down year. Just what the Sox needed.

Craig Grebeck
I don't see how Griffey can do any worse that Swish in center.
Except Swish really hasn't done poorly at all.

WhiteSox5187
My brother just texted me and said he heard it on Mike and Mike but I don't see anything on the little scroll...who did we give up? Where would he play? Can he still play CF?

KRS1
07-31-2008, 07:41 AM

Indeed. At this point, Junior=dreadful in CF while Swish has been surprisingly solid with both his range and jumps.

Kilroy
07-31-2008, 07:41 AM
Another slow, old guy having a down year. Just what the Sox needed.

I feel more like that than excited right now. What need does this fill? I don't see the logic yet.

I'll wait til its official, plus see what it cost before I get excited.

WhiteSox5187
07-31-2008, 07:42 AM
ESPN just reported it, but they cited Ken Rosenthal as their source. And no word on who the Reds would get.

Juice16

I'm not saying Swish has done poorly, I should have said in no way will Griffey be a downgrade from Swisher in center.

ballgame ovah
I just woke up to get some water, and I put the Score on as I laid back down and now I can't sleep. I just wanna know who we got rid of, even though Jr is probably one of my favorite players of all time.

KRS1
07-31-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm not saying Swish has done poorly, I should have said in no way will Griffey be a downgrade from Swisher in center.

Yes he will.

BigPapaPump
I can't wait to get a Griffey Sox jersey.:bandance:

Frater Perdurabo
I would hypothesize that Griffey still has the superior instincts to play CF, but has lost his speed.

oeo
07-31-2008, 07:46 AM
I feel more like that than excited right now. What need does this fill? I don't see the logic yet.

I'll wait until it's official and we find out who we gave up before I make any judgments.

BigPapaPump
07-31-2008, 07:47 AM
Griffey's bronze statue is already under construction.:tongue:

WhiteSox5187
07-31-2008, 07:47 AM
Buster Olney on ESPN now and is saying that he doesn't think he can play center anymore.

KyWhiSoxFan
07-31-2008, 07:48 AM
This does not make a lot of sense. The outfield is set and Griffey, a left-handed batter, would have to compete with Thome for at bats at DH. I can't see Griffey, in the middle of a pennant race, tried at 1B, replacing Konerko, though that may be in the works. If it's not that, I can't figure out where he'll play.

I just hope the Sox gave up nothing and it was just a salary dump on the part of the Reds. Hopefully the damage is limited to someone like Haeger.

ms620
07-31-2008, 07:49 AM
The bottom line is this. If he can play an adequate CF, than it will improve the defense at first, while potentially improving the lineup, replacing Konerko with Griffey. So before people complain that he will be worse in CF than Swisher, you have to ask yourself which tandem is better defensively, Swisher at CF and PK at 1st, or Griffey at CF and Swisher at 1st.

BUMMER
07-31-2008, 07:49 AM
My brother just texted me and said he heard it on Mike and Mike but I don't see anything on the little scroll...who did we give up? Where would he play? Can he still play CF?

Sounds like official announcement will come IF Griff, Jr approves the trade (Mike & Mike). I'm leaning to the negative - I'd rather have a faster, younger CF between CQ & JD than Griffey. Don't think he'll DH over Thome and Griffey hasn't played much 1B. Another expensive, aging, plodder - (home run or nothing) - exact opposite of what Sox need (IMO) -maybe there's another move along with it such as Griffey going elsewhere or PK or.... no word of Sox names - reminds me of the Alomar / Everett moves. Maybe lightening in a bottle?

twentywontowin
07-31-2008, 07:50 AM
I'll be getting a Griffey jersey now. I don't care if he's in the twilight of his career, I love the guy.

BeviBall!
07-31-2008, 07:51 AM
We have to wait and see if Thome and/or Konerko are still White Sox in a few hours. The only way this move makes any sense is if one of them is sent packing.

oeo
07-31-2008, 07:52 AM
The bottom line is this. If he can play an adequate CF, than it will improve the defense at first, while potentially improving the lineup, replacing Konerko with Griffey. So before people complain that he will be worse in CF than Swisher, you have to ask yourself which tandem is better defensively, Swisher at CF and PK at 1st, or Griffey at CF and Swisher at 1st.

Probably Swisher/Konerko...

All I've been hearing this year is how we need Gold Glove defense in CF, and now adequate is fine enough?

I don't think I'd want Griffey out there for the pure risk of injury.

pythons007
This actually does help the Sox. Swisher and Konerko have basically **** the bed so far this season. Griffey could be what the Sox offense/defense needs. Face it, the Sox defense ranks dead last in the AL. How much worse could Griffey be in CF? I mean we are talking about a perennial Gold Glove OF for countless years!

This most likely means that we would platoon Swisher/Konerko at 1B and probably have Thome sit against Leftys and place Konerko at DH. This just gives the Sox that many more options for a couple guys that have struggled throughout the season.

Oh, not to mention I absolutely love this deal. Griffey is still my favorite player. I will be purchasing a Griffey jersey in the near future!

WhiteSox5187
Sounds like official announcement will come IF Griff, Jr approves the trade (Mike & Mike). I'm leaning to the negative - I'd rather have a faster, younger CF between CQ & JD than Griffey. Don't think he'll DH over Thome and Griffey hasn't played much 1B. Another expensive, aging, plodder - (home run or nothing) - exact opposite of what Sox need (IMO) -maybe there's another move along with it such as Griffey going elsewhere or PK or.... no word of Sox names - reminds me of the Alomar / Everett moves. Maybe lightening in a bottle?
Depending on who the Sox give up, I'm not so sure I like this...Its just that Ken Griffey is soooo old. He'd more or less be a platoon player and I'm not so sure I want him in CF...he's still a solid left handed bat, but...I don't get it.

KRS1
07-31-2008, 07:53 AM

The bottom line is that he can't play adequate CF and hasn't in quite some time. Any defensive setup we utilize that involves him in CF automatically makes us weaker at catching the ball. BTW, PK's glove at first is really underrated despite his range issues this season.

KyWhiSoxFan
07-31-2008, 07:53 AM
We have to wait and see if Thome and/or Konerko are still White Sox in a few hours. The only way this move makes any sense is if one of them is sent packing.

Yes, that would make some sense: Trade Thome to a team that needs a LH DH in exchange for a reliever. That way you're trading Thome's salary of 2009 that figures to be activated because he'll get enough at bats in exchange Griffey's for 2009. Plus, the Sox would not have to pick up Griffey's entire contact, though it is a big buyout if they don't.

southside rocks
07-31-2008, 07:54 AM

I don't think either will be sent packing, but I wonder if Paulie won't be put on the DL again -- they were saying on WSCR, one of the writers, that Konerko's hand is just not healed. His horrible season makes more sense if you factor in an injury. And if he's injured, he shouldn't play -- he obviously isn't going to play himself better.

ms620
07-31-2008, 07:55 AM
The bottom line is that he can't play adequate CF and hasn't in quite some time. Any defensive setup we utilize that involves him in CF automatically makes us weaker at catching the ball. BTW, PK's glove at first is really underrated despite his range issues this season.

I am not saying I disagree with you, as I think PK is better at first then peple give him credit for. I am jsut saying that you need to consider the tandems, not the indivudal players.

WhiteSox5187
This actually does help the Sox. Swisher and Konerko have basically **** the bed so far this season. Griffey could be what the Sox offense/defense needs. Face it, the Sox defense ranks dead last in the AL. How much worse could Griffey be in CF? I mean we are talking about a perennial Gold Glove OF for countless years!

This most likely means that we would platoon Swisher/Konerko at 1B and probably have Thome sit against Leftys and place Konerko at DH. This just gives the Sox that many more options for a couple guys that have struggled throughout the season.

Oh, not to mention I absolutely love this deal. Griffey is still my favorite player. I will be purchasing a Griffey jersey in the near future!
I've seen a few Reds games this year and Griffey looks old and beaten in RF much less in CF...putting Griffey in CF would give us possibily the slowest and worst OF in MLB...

hawkjt
Griffey is still better than Swish in centerfield. He still has a good arm and instincts while running just as good as Swish.
I like this trade...it is a needed boost to a dragging team.
Jr. has not been near the playoffs for years and could just be real energized for the next 60 days to make it happen.

Kenny is no dummy as evidenced by all the trades he has pulled off this offseason.
It gives Ozzie another piece to work around PK's slump.

WhiteSox5187
Yes, that would make some sense: Trade Thome to a team that needs a LH DH in exchange for a reliever. That way you're trading Thome's salary of 2009 that figures to be activated because he'll get enough at bats in exchange Griffey's for 2009. Plus, the Sox would not have to pick up Griffey's entire contact, though it is a big buyout if they don't.
Thome has a no trade clause.

BeviBall!
07-31-2008, 07:56 AM
The other side of the coin is if this is considered a move to strengthen the bench and Anderson is gone.

KRS1
I mean we are talking about a perennial Gold Glove OF for countless years!

Ten years, the most recent of which was 1999. That's called the distant past in baseball years.

oeo

Except that Thome is having a better year than Griffey.

sox1970
07-31-2008, 07:57 AM
Here's an idea--maybe Griffey to RF. Dye to 1B. PK to bench.

turners56
07-31-2008, 07:58 AM
Griffey might only be hitting .245. But he's been better in July so far and his OPS is around .800, much better than Konerko's or Anderson's.

KRS1
07-31-2008, 07:58 AM
Griffey is still better than Swish in centerfield. He still has a good arm and instincts while running just as good as Swish.

All is false except for the underlined. Swish has been good in CF, Griffey is just plain terrible there.

soxrme
07-31-2008, 07:59 AM
All over sports radio this morning. Griffey to the Sox awaiting his approval. Paulie to the DL for his hand? This would be good news.

pythons007
Ten years, the most recent of which was 1999. That's called the distant past in baseball years.

Yeah, well besides OC, no one else on the Sox has one. All I'm saying is this could be what the Sox need. It gives them options and I bet they won't have to give up a lot to get him. He is basically a rent a player unless the Sox pick up that hefty extension (I doubt it!).

Law11
:o:
This could be huge if he accepts the trade. I'd think it would set up a possible platoon at 1b with Nick Swisher and Paul Konerko!

Sources with Fox (who reported the trade) are saying he'll be playing CF. So this would make sense.
I have to think BA or Owens was involved in this trade.

gsang
Is this 2005 deja vu?

aryzner
AHHH it's making me crazy I want to know who the Sox have to give up before I can judge this!

07-31-2008, 08:00 AM

Interesting thought.

I've been scratching my head over this rumored deal for 1/2 hour now. It doesn't seem like a fit. The only thing I keep coming back to is there may be another deal in place.

Sun Times had a brief mention this morning of Konerko possibly being linked with the D-Backs. It will be an interesting day, that's for sure!

WhiteSox5187
I don't think that works, I don't think you want to thrust a guy into 1B who has never played there before in the middle of a pennant race...meanwhile Mike and Mike brought up a good point, in '03 Palmerio turned down a trade to the Cubs in the midst of a pennant race, so it's not unheard of for a guy to turn down a trade. But Palmerio had a history with the Cubs which probably led him to turn it down...let's see, but for now it's time for breakfast.

angiew
AHHH it's making me crazy I want to know who the Sox have to give up before I can judge this!

My thoughts exactly!! I'm going to be worthless here at work until the details of this thing come out!:o: LOL

turners56
07-31-2008, 08:01 AM

No...

Griffey can still cover ground. His zone rating is still 88%. Dye's is only 85% this year and you'd think Jermaine's had a good defensive year...

Plus, Griffey has 7 assists.

soxpride724
I am exited for Griffey although Im not sure where he would play. I wanted to land him bad in 2005 and was bumbed out that we couldn't land him. Anybody know who we would be giving up?

KRS1
Yeah, well besides OC, no one else on the Sox has one. All I'm saying is this could be what the Sox need. It gives them options and I bet they won't have to give up a lot to get him. He is basically a rent a player unless the Sox pick up that hefty extension (I doubt it!).

Well, you said he could be what our D needs too, and we certainly don't need a downgrade in CF, so that's not all you were saying.

WhiteSox5187
07-31-2008, 08:02 AM
Sources with Fox (who reported the trade) are saying he'll be playing CF. So this would make sense.
I have to think BA or Owens was involved in this trade.
If we gave up Owens it's not a bad trade...BA though, we're going to need his defense in late innings if Griffey is roaming in CF.

The Dude
I would hypothesize that Griffey still has the superior instincts to play CF, but has lost his speed.

Ala Dye in RF.

hawkjt
False? Ok, so this is like cut and dried? It is a subjective opinion not a measurable fact.

Swish has been adequate but not great. The difference is likely not that great. kenny williams is a complete idiot and is without baseball knowledge,right? I just think the knee-jerk reaction from some fans that immediately conclude that they have a better handle on the talents of these players than Kenny is amusing.

LoveYourSuit
07-31-2008, 08:04 AM
If anything, the last few scattered UD seats will sell out with this trade.

I guess if we rolled the dice with Everett in CF at one point, how much worse can Griffey be?

Jim Edmonds is playing a good CF right now and he is beat up and slow.

WhiteSox5187
07-31-2008, 08:06 AM
If anything, the last few scattered UD seats will sell out with this trade.

I guess if we rolled the dice with Everett in CF at one point, how much worse can Griffey be?

Jim Edmonds is playing a good CF right now and he is beat up and slow.
How did that work out? I just don't get this trade.

Rohan
I heard this recently on a rumor block: Sox Acquire Ken Griffey Jr. pending his approval. It could be absolutely wrong. Can anyone find anything to confirm or deny?

russ99
All over sports radio this morning. Griffey to the Sox awaiting his approval. Paulie to the DL for his hand? This would be good news.

Did Griffey approve the killed deal to the Sox before? I remember the Reds owner killed that one...

Also, PK on the DL giving him 2 weeks of hitting minor league pitching and getting his swing and confidence back might not be such a bad idea.

At this point the glee of the possibility of getting Junior is outweighing the "whaddid we give up" pessimism.

WhiteSox5187
I've heard nothing about this.

KRS1
07-31-2008, 08:07 AM
False? Ok, so this is like cut and dried? It is a subjective opinion not a measurable fact.

Swish has been adequate but not great. The difference is likely not that great. kenny williams is a complete idiot and is without baseball knowledge,right? I just think the knee-jerk reaction from some fans that immediately conclude that they have a better handle on the talents of these players than Kenny is amusing.

Yes, the fact that he is horrible in CF is fact, cut and dried. Go see what Reds fans would say about it if you don't believe me. You know, I don't have to be a MLB GM to see when a player can't play a position anymore. I'll hold off my opinion on the trade until I see what we gave up, but I am already going to say he can't play CF. There is a reason why he was moved to RF in Cincy.

Swish on the other hand has done a more than adequate job in CF this year. I'm not saying he's great out there, but he has been quick and smart to the ball the majority of the time.

aryzner
Stoney on the Score right now commenting on it.

ONe of the first things he's said is, "Are you getting him to set up another deal?"

Bucky F. Dent
Need to know who we gave up before this makes any sense.

Our corner outfielders are set, and the corners are the only place he can play at this point.

This should be an interesting day.

LoveYourSuit

Everett was not Rob Mack bad, was he?

KyWhiSoxFan
07-31-2008, 08:09 AM
I heard this recently on a rumor block: Sox Acquire Ken Griffey Jr. pending his approval. It could be absolutely wrong. Can anyone find anything to confirm or deny?

You post this 6 pages into a thread on the topic? Did you read any of the first 5 pages?

Railsplitter
Per ESPN: Reds OK the deal, only needs Griffs approval.

LoveYourSuit
Would this be the first time in MLB history two 500+ HR hitters play on the same team?

The Milkman
I don't think Junior will approve the deal until the 2nd impending deal that opens up a spot for him takes place...ala trading PK to a contender.

LoveYourSuit
Per ESPN: Reds OK the deal, only needs Griffs approval.

Thanks for the breaking news. :tongue:

The Dude
Is this 2005 deja vu?

I wouldn't be surprised if he vetos it. The Reds don't expect much from him anymore and celebrate his every HR. Our fans would boo him if he started to struggle during the stretch run. Not to mention he might be very comfortable in Cincy. We will see if his desire to have a chance to go to the world series will surpass that crap. :scratch:

lzerante
07-31-2008, 08:10 AM
Anybody else think this is just the first move today? I could be very wrong but the clubhouse now seems pretty crowded and I wouldn't be surprised if somebody else moves, Cabrera, Konerko, who knows maybe even my favorite Swisher, everybody needs to realize Kenny is going to do what's best for the team and won't hesitate to put a monster package together. I don't want to see Swisher go but I will reserve judgment until Aug 1st.

Should be an interesting day of waiting.

Have a good day from Charlotte NC.

Z

soxfandy
07-31-2008, 08:11 AM
I think Griffey will be just fine in CF. USCF is small and Griffey still can get the job done. However, if this does get done, I think another trade will happen before the deadline. I really have a feeling that Konerko would be involved and I think he might accept to get a fresh start. I am happy with the trade and if you look over Griffey's career his best month has been August. I guess my opinion can all change when i see who we gave up, but i can't imagine we gave them much.

aryzner
Anybody else think this is just the first move today? I could be very wrong but the clubhouse now seems pretty crowded and I wouldn't be surprised if somebody else moves, Cabrera, Konerko, who knows maybe even my favorite Swisher, everybody needs to realize Kenny is going to do what's best for the team and won't hesitate to put a monster package together. I don't want to see Swisher go but I will reserve judgment until Aug 1st.

Z
Stoney just mentioned on the Score that who knows, maybe this could be part of a move that moves Swisher back to Oakland and could that be a part of a deal to get Huston Street?

Don't know yet. This is exciting! :D:

boorad
are you wearing "Bad Idea" Jeans:gulp:

cws05champ
07-31-2008, 08:12 AM
No matter who we send over, doesn't make sense to me....if he has to play CF, then we have one of the worst defensive OF out there.

Unless Konerko goes in a trade.....:scratch:

KyWhiSoxFan
Well, you have to admit, when KW obsesses about a player, he just absolutely never forgets and never gets over him.

The next shoe to drop must be Roberto Alomar also is coming.

LoveYourSuit

Z

The only guy with out a NTC is Dye ..... I would be pissed if he goes unless we land a top of the rotation pitcher.

Not going to happen.

October26
07-31-2008, 08:13 AM
Wow! I'm listening to the Score and Stone is suggesting Swisher back to Oakland for Huston Street? Stone says Griffey is a RF so what will happen to Jermaine Dye? Arghhh... I'm wondering who the Sox gave up for Griffey? BA? Owens? Too many questions and not enough answers right now. This is going to be a tough day at work. Hard to concentrate waiting for more details....

tebman
07-31-2008, 08:14 AM
Well, you have to admit, when KW obsesses about a player, he just absolutely never forgets and never gets over him.

The next shoe to drop must be Roberto Alomar also is coming.

russ99
The only guy with out a NTC is Dye ..... I would be pissed if he goes unless we land a top of the rotation pitcher.

Not going to happen.

Naw, Dye's killing the ball. He's not going anywhere.

Also, I seriously doubt Paul would be dealt either, and Swisher back to the A's would be a big mistake.

I'm thinking more like Cabrera, Fields, Uribe and/or Anderson

Tekijawa
Stoney just mentioned on the Score that who knows, maybe this could be part of a move that moves Swisher back to Oakland and could that be a part of a deal to get Huston Street?

I want Gio back in that same deal then...

oeo

Not going to happen.

I wonder if the D'Backs might be interested in Konerko. Konerko lives there, so that may be a place he accepts a trade to.

Of course, that's a big risk from the D'Backs end. At the same time, Konerko's problems are in his head, so maybe a change of scenery would do him well.

the1tab
07-31-2008, 08:15 AM
Junior does have less range because of the years he's lost to injury. However, I think Cincy playing him in right field the last couple summers was as much them protecting their investment and marketing piece as it was necessitated by his diminished range.

But here's my question: statistically speaking... what's the difference between Griffey and Thome?

Griffey's hitting .245 w/ 15 HRs 53 RBI .355 OBP and .432 SLG
Thome is hitting .256 w/ 19 HRs 59 RBI .385 OBP and .500 SLG
Their birthdates are under a year apart as well (Jr '69, Jim '70)

I'm not sure, other than the star factor and trying to shake the lineup out of complacency, what this does for us?

hawkjt
07-31-2008, 08:16 AM
Griffey has 19 RBIs in his last 25 games and is hitting .274 over that span.
How many does Swish or PK have in the last 25 games?

I am not sure how bad his defense is, but I still think Jr. could grind it out for two months.

We face a lot of right-handed starters the last two months. Yanks,Boston,KC...hardly a lefty starter among them,right?

oeo
07-31-2008, 08:18 AM
Junior does have less range because of the years he's lost to injury. However, I think Cincy playing him in right field the last couple summers was as much them protecting their investment and marketing piece as it was necessitated by his diminished range.

But here's my question: statistically speaking... what's the difference between Griffey and Thome?

Griffey's hitting .245 w/ 15 HRs 53 RBI .355 OBP and .432 SLG
Thome is hitting .256 w/ 19 HRs 59 RBI .385 OBP and .500 SLG
Their birthdates are under a year apart as well (Jr '69, Jim '70)

I'm not sure, other than the star factor and trying to shake the lineup out of complacency, what this does for us?

Put them both together and they're better than Konerko/Thome.

LoveYourSuit

Go for it.

Swisher has been a huge bust IMO.

We need another good pen arm.

Griffey's bat > Swisher's bat.

DoItForDanPasqua
This is great! I was just thinking that what the Sox really need is another guy hitting below .250.

KRS1
07-31-2008, 08:19 AM
This is great! I was just thinking that what the Sox really need is another guy hitting below .250.

lzerante
07-31-2008, 08:20 AM
I hear from some sources that we signed Sandy Alomar Jr. from the Mets. He is coming out of retirement and should transition well from Mets Catching Instructor.

schmitty9800
07-31-2008, 08:21 AM
If Thome can play some 1B down the stretch it'll let Griffey DH in the parks where you don't want Griffey playing CF.

EDIT: I don't think Billy Beane is going to take Swisher's contract back.

cws05champ
Go for it.

Swisher has been a huge bust IMO.

We need another good pen arm.

Griffey's bat > Swisher's bat.

There's no way Swish goes....he's signed cheap for 4 more years.

KRS1
M&M said the Reds approached Junior last night after their game to accept the trade.

CLR01
07-31-2008, 08:22 AM
I hear from some sources that we signed Sandy Alomar Jr. from the Mets. He is coming out of retirement and should transition well from Mets Catching Instructor.

:rolleyes:

Sounds like this was agreed to last night and we have been waiting for Griffey's approval since. I'm surprised it stayed quite so long.

hawkjt
07-31-2008, 08:22 AM
Who is better at first, Thome or Griffey? Thome pulls a muscle just looking at the field and Griff has not played the position much.

BeviBall!
07-31-2008, 08:23 AM

YES! More posts like this please.

Bob G
07-31-2008, 08:24 AM
I hope this trade doesn't happen - we don't need him, we need pitching. It only makes sense if it's part of another deal.

doublem23
07-31-2008, 08:24 AM

:scratch:

Uh, pretty good.

http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2005/10/27/PH2005102700106.jpg

****in' whiners. I'll take solace in the fact that nobody liked the Garcia deal, everyone thought we "had" to sign Sidney Ponson, and felt we "had" to make a huge move before the 2005 Deadline to go all the way.

the1tab
07-31-2008, 08:25 AM
Put them both together and they're better than Konerko/Thome.

In my mind having righty-lefty is a factor... two huge upper-cut lefty swings makes us vulnerable to pitchers that eat up lefties.

Not that Konerko's inability to make contact is really making him a factor... right now we have more of a nothing-lefty middle of the order.

MsSoxVixen22
07-31-2008, 08:25 AM
I might be in the minority here but I really hope Swish isn't traded. Put Swish at 1st and PK on the DL until his hand is fully healed. I wouldn't be surprised to see BA go, or possibly even PK. I think Swish is more "mobile" at 1st than PK. That's just my opinion though. Swish is a sparkplug for the team and I think he's pretty good in CF and at 1st. Or is this a setup to make a bigger trade? Ahh I need answers! The suspense is killing me! :cower:

Rockabilly
07-31-2008, 08:26 AM
Griffey was an amazing player and I would love having him on the Sox but he can't play CF anymore.. We already have to many DH types on this team..

Sockinchisox
What the ****?

I wonder who we're giving up.

palehozenychicty
This thread is going to get me in trouble at work today. :D:

Fungo
07-31-2008, 08:27 AM
I hope this trade doesn't happen - we don't need him, we need pitching. It only makes sense if it's part of another deal.
Agreed, it makes no sense. And I wouldn't be surprised if it goes thru that a guy like Masset is involved. Cincy needs pitching and they would make him a starter. Although hes having a rough go lately, our bullpen gets weaker. There has to be something else looming.

the1tab
Griffey was an amazing player and I would love having him on the Sox but he can't play CF anymore.. We already have to many DH types on this team..

well stated

doublem23
I might be in the minority here but I really hope Swish isn't traded. Put Swish at 1st and PK on the DL until his hand is fully healed. I wouldn't be surprised to see BA go, or possibly even PK. I think Swish is more "mobile" at 1st than PK. That's just my opinion though. Swish is a sparkplug for the team and I think he's pretty good in CF and at 1st. Or is this a setup to make a bigger trade? Ahh I need answers! The suspense is killing me! :cower:

I would seriously doubt KW was willing to part with any of the everday players on teh MLB roster. The Reds just have a logjam in the OF and they need to move one of their parts. At most, they got BA.

BeviBall!
We're getting him so we can erect another statue in September.

KRS1
I'm finding it hard to believe Kenny trades Pk now when his stock is as low as possible. I could see us moving Fields in a follow up move and playing out the year with Uribe/Crede there. Doesn't leave us in a very good position for 3b next year though despite Josh's clear weak glove there.

WhiteSox5187
:scratch:

Uh, pretty good.

http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2005/10/27/PH2005102700106.jpg

I guess I didn't realize that that was Everett in CF in '05. I coulda swore it was Rowand! :rolleyes:

I was asking how did Everett in CF work out. I honestly don't remember. We didn't make the playoffs that year, I know that.

KyWhiSoxFan
07-31-2008, 08:28 AM
One positive about getting someone like Griffey is AL teams have not seen him in years and I've seen a lot of guys change leagues and do very well for immediately for a while. At least that is what I hope happens.

doublem23

Missed the part about his 7 OF assists and superior ZR to Dye, I guess. :rolleyes:

hawkjt
Didn't Carl Everett actually help the sox win a world series? I know he gets a ton of crap on here but if Griffey has the everett effect and they win another WS..folks can make fun of the ''Junior'' obsession of Kenny all they want and I will be ok with it.:D:

Just trying to be glass half full ...and we are still in first place so it could be worse.

pczarapa
He has been playing RF for the last 2 years...can he play center still?

He could play center, but as a frequent attendee of Reds games I can tell you he doesn't play the field well at all any more. Ideally he'd be a DH, I think Thome could play a better 1b than Griffey can field. Regardless, he's still got a pretty good bat.

the1tab
I am going to withhold judgement on any deal for Junior until I see the rest of the cards Kenny plays today.

There is NO WAY he can make a deal for Junior & that's it.

roylestillman
07-31-2008, 08:29 AM
Not reading too much between the lines, it sounds like Stoney doesn't like the deal.

Rockabilly
07-31-2008, 08:30 AM
I just hope we didn't give up Fields, Richard or Poerda in this deal...

the1tab
07-31-2008, 08:30 AM
Not reading too much between the lines, it sounds like Stoney doesn't like the deal.

Bruce Levine was on Mike & Mike and he sounded like his being a fan of Junior, coupled w/ not knowing who the Sox are giving up for Jr, kept him from blasting the deal

hawkjt
07-31-2008, 08:31 AM

Stoney is voicing all the concerns that many on here have...centerfield is still lacking a defender who can hit and a logjam at first.
Stoney is looking for a second shoe to drop.
But Stoney also said he has maintained all along that this team will win the division without making a move...maybe just not this move.

soxfanatlanta
07-31-2008, 08:32 AM
Trading for Jr, on a Thursday??

TomParrish79
Tim Kurkjian is saying the same thing Hawk says...."Where's he gonna play?"

oeo
Stoney is voicing all the concerns that many on here have...centerfield is still lacking a defender who can hit and a logjam at first.
Stoney is looking for a second shoe to drop.
But Stoney also said he has maintained all along that this team will win the division without making a move...maybe just not this move.

Ugh, I'm quickly getting sick of what Stoney has to say.

WhiteSox5187
07-31-2008, 08:33 AM
Didn't Carl Everett actually help the sox win a world series? I know he gets a ton of crap on here but if Griffey has the everett effect and they win another WS..folks can make fun of the ''Junior'' obsession of Kenny all they want and I will be ok with it.:D:

Just trying to be glass half full ...and we are still in first place so it could be worse.
Yea Everett did but that was at DH when we didn't really have a DH...Everett in CF didn't help much...we have a productive DH, a productive RF, a productive LF, the only OF spot open is CF and I don't think he can play CF...but Mike and Mike (citing Bruce Levine) suggested that he might be nothing more than a bench player? No one has suggested what Stone apparently suggested, that this might be part of a three team trade...and ESPN also cited the Sun Times saying that KW is close to completing a trade for Street.

hawkjt

Omigod...you are right...but it was done on Wednesday nite...is tuesday the magic day?

CLR01

They agreed on Wednesday though.

the1tab
Tim Kurkjian on Mike & Mike just raised an issue w/ this deal: if Junior's going to be a bit/role player, is he going to automatically accept this deal?

I like what Stoney's saying... I've got Mike & Mike on TV and Stoney on the radio. My intrigue is running almost as wild as my ADD this morning... dangerous combo...

Viva Medias B's
07-31-2008, 08:34 AM
Coop on the Score right now.

oeo

Ah, Coop will fix Griffey. Now it all makes sense.

jenn2080
Where would he play? Who would we give them? Our OF is set. Oh the questions!

WhiteSox5187
Oooohhh, is Griffey going to the bullpen?!?!?!

October26
07-31-2008, 08:35 AM

Sounded that way to me too. I'm surprised that all this speculation is allowed to take place. Stone being on the Score raised more questions than were answered. White Sox players are waking up in Minny wondering, "Did I get traded?" We still have one more game to play in Minneapolis tonight and the faster this all gets resolved the faster we can move on.

I trust Kenny but for the sake of the players and the fans, get this over with already. How long does it take Griffey JR to make up his mind? Let's go!

I sure hope this doesn't drag on all day.

Sockinchisox
I gotta think we gave up some kind of pitching, the Reds are desperate for it.

soxfanatlanta
They agreed on Wednesday though.

Well that makes sense to me then. :tongue:

BeviBall!
Oooohhh, is Griffey going to the bullpen?!?!?!

Now, things become clear.

hawkjt

Classic...Coop just found out on live radio with Mully.
Coop trying to shake the cobwebs out of his head and is struggling to respond to this.
Kenny does operate on the QT...

doublem23
07-31-2008, 08:36 AM
Where would he play? Who would we give them? Our OF is set. Oh the questions!

Missed the previous 153 posts, I take it.

Frankfan4life
Did anyone else hear that Houston Street is part of this deal?

aryzner
Coop sounds like he's drunk on the radio right now jeez.

doublem23
07-31-2008, 08:37 AM

Yesterday was a big win, let the man celebrate!

oeo

Nothing wrong with that.

sodfatherjunior
:hawk
"Where they gonna play him?"

the1tab
Mike & Mike just ran thru their options for soundbites announcing the presence of Kurkjian.

Multiple TIMMAY!s from South Park.

That, over the top of Coop..... baseball talk has hit a new high in my life

CLR01
07-31-2008, 08:38 AM
White Sox players are waking up in Minny wondering, "Did I get traded?" We still have one more game to play in Minneapolis tonight and the faster this all gets resolved the faster we can move on.

Doubtful. I'm sure anyone who is ncluded has already been informed they may be going. They probably told them last night. Fields? He was yanked...

BeviBall!
07-31-2008, 08:38 AM
Coop sounds like technical support.

BeviBall!
07-31-2008, 08:39 AM
:hawk
"Where they gonna play him?"

Fail.

Rockabilly
Maybe Swish and a few prospects will be going to Oakland for Duch and Street..

Reports in the bay area are KW is trying hard for both of them

The Dude

Probably woken early like me today after a drunken night! :D:

the1tab
Bronson Arroyo? Could he be a part of a deal that would allow us to move an arm somewhere else? Thoughts?

ndgt10
maybe this sets up a Dye + Fields for Street, Duchsherer, and Chavez?

oeo
07-31-2008, 08:40 AM
Bronson Arroyo? Could he be a part of a deal that would allow us to move an arm somewhere else? Thoughts?

Hopefully that arm is Bronson Arroyo.

WhiteSox5187
Did anyone else hear that Houston Street is part of this deal?
I heard it would be a seperate deal...did you hear something else? Junior would go to Oakland then?

patbooyah

chavez can't play third anymore because his arm is busted. he admitted as much this week.

doublem23

If we acquire Bronson Arroyo, the only arm I want moving is Bronson Arroyo's to AAA.

aryzner
07-31-2008, 08:41 AM
I will seriously cry for days if we were to move Dye.

MsSoxVixen22
Ugh, I'm quickly getting sick of what Stoney has to say.

I'm right there w/ya

WhiteSox5187

Maybe we'll get Gio back!!

Heffalump

Don't worry. Now way in hell that Dye is traded now.

CHISOXFAN13

Wow just wow. Yeah, let's trade our second biggest run producer because we got KGJ.

soxfanatlanta

Interesting.

Rockabilly
07-31-2008, 08:42 AM

I would be pissed if KW traded Dye

doublem23

There's no way Dye is going anywhere. KW loves the guy; he turned down better offers to come to the Sox before '05 and signed an extension last year.

I would be shocked if any of our 8 regulars went anywhere.

the1tab
I would be pissed if KW traded Dye

i concur

John Barrett
maybe the fact BA licked food off of Dotel's foot Tuesday night sealed his fate...."get that sick #$%^& out of here!!!"

:chunks

MsSoxVixen22
07-31-2008, 08:43 AM

OMG, I thought it was just me, because I thought the exact same thing lol!

KyWhiSoxFan
Dye is not going anywhere. He and QC have been the most dependable hitters on the team all year. Why exchange Dye for Griffey?

KRS1

Why the hell would we trade Dye? That would be a counterproductive move.

TomParrish79
Why would we move Dye? He is one of our best players

Brian26

I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Frankfan4life
07-31-2008, 08:44 AM
I heard it would be a seperate deal...did you hear something else? Junior would go to Oakland then?I believe I heard it might be at least a 3-team deal. Stay tuned....

Palehose Pete
07-31-2008, 08:44 AM
Does the Steve Dahl show count? :wink:

Yes. Yes, it does. :D:

I haven't waded through all of the posts, yet, but I want to get on record as saying that there are probably other teams involved, but because Griffey's approval hasn't been given, yet, those other teams aren't saying anything. I wouldn't be surprised if Oakland is involved for Huston Street.

This is going to be a very interesting day for Sox fans.

OK, just read the last few posts. Good to see I'm not on Mars in my thought process. Let's see where the pieces land today.

WhiteSox5187
07-31-2008, 08:45 AM
I believe I heard it might be at least a 3-team deal. Stay tuned....
Where did you hear that?

KyWhiSoxFan

Then, let's also get Brandon Phillips from the Reds with Griffey and trade OC and throw in a propect or two, with the Dodgers getting OC and the Reds a bunch of prospects.

doublem23
Griffey better make up his mind ASAP or else we're going to burn through 2-3 500-post threads.

Brian26
chavez can't play third anymore because his arm is busted. he admitted as much this week.

Maybe he can just sit on the chick-scoping bench then and coming in for late inning defense at 1B.

oeo
07-31-2008, 08:46 AM
Where did you hear that?

Stoney says...

DeadMoney
Best defensive option:
Dye to 1B
Griffey to RF

The Thome to 1B, Griffey to DH and Griffey to CF, Swisher to 1B options scare me too much.

Although Dye to 1B isn't exactly fool proof either.

TomParrish79
I think its a mistake to move Swisher...hope it doesnt happen.

soxpride724
Griffey better make up his mind ASAP or else we're going to burn through 2-3 500-post threads.

Yeah, I wanna order my jersey too.:cool:

WhiteSox5187
07-31-2008, 08:47 AM
We should call him and let him know.

the1tab
07-31-2008, 08:47 AM
Best defensive option:
Dye to 1B
Griffey to RF

The Thome to 1B, Griffey to DH and Griffey to CF, Swisher to 1B options scare me too much.

No Sir!!! Swisher @ 1st might be our best 1B option (in the field & at the plate). I'd like Dye RF Junior DH Swisher 1B Thome & Konerko Not-In-Chicago

russ99
07-31-2008, 08:48 AM
Best defensive option:
Dye to 1B
Griffey to RF

Naw, IMO Junior would predominantly play CF and spell Thome as DH vs. leftys. He's lost a step a bit in the field but is still capable. Swisher played full seasons at 1B, that's not a downgrade.

This gives Ozzie a lot more options, especially if Swisher and Konerko keep approaching the Mendoza line.

roylestillman

Fields to Green Bay for Favre?

WhiteSox5187
No Sir!!! Swisher @ 1st might be our best 1B option (in the field & at the plate). I'd like Dye RF Junior DH Swisher 1B Thome & Konerko Not-In-Chicago
Thome's put up better numbers than Griffey this year.

KyWhiSoxFan
07-31-2008, 08:49 AM
Griffey's probably holding out till the Sox guarantee his entire 2009 salary.

Frankfan4life
Where did you hear that?It was on M&M.

BeviBall!
We should call him and let him know.

(513) OVR-HILL

patbooyah
Naw, IMO Junior would predominantly play CF and spell Thome as DH vs. leftys. He's lost a step a bit in the field but is still capable. Swisher played full seasons at 1B, that's not a downgrade.

This gives Ozzie a lot more options, especially if Swisher and Konerko keep approaching the Mendoza line.

griffey hits .211 vs. LHP

doublem23

Definitely, who would need a power-hitting lefty hitting .329/.467/.537 over the past month?

:screwloose:

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

btrain929
Why would we move Dye? He is one of our best players

I'm pretty sure Dye has a no trade clause for '08.

oeo
07-31-2008, 08:50 AM

Griffey is worse against lefties than Thome this year. Sounds like a plan.

Thome is batting .260 with tremendous power against lefties this year. Let up on the benching against lefties crap.

Thome seems to becoming a whipping boy in this thread again, and for no apparent reason.

the1tab
Crasnick on ESPN.com looks at the worst deadline deals in recent memory:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=crasnick_jerry&id=3510650

It's almost funny how bad the Colon-to-Montreal deal was. It really reads like an aweful fantasy trade.

My question is which rental this year will uncover a jewel...

Also, ESPN says Frank Thomas should be off the DL within a few days and back in the order for Oakland.

I have no idea what's going on right now, and I LOVE IT. God Bless baseball!!

russ99
Griffey's probably holding out till the Sox guarantee his entire 2009 salary.

I hope that's not the case... But Kenny might even bite, who knows. He's been chasing after Junior for years.

Frankfan4life
07-31-2008, 08:51 AM
Fields to Green Bay for Favre?That's Manny's deal. :redneck He held up a sign with that on it.

dwalteroo
It was on M&M.

Yes - I just heard the tail end of the Sportscenter break on M&M, and they mentioned it possibly being part of a three player trade. Never heard anything else on that though.

the1tab
I'm pretty sure Dye has a no trade clause for '08.

I thought Buehrle was the only player that got a limited no-trade clause from all the deals KW renegotiated in the last 3 years? no?

WhiteSox5187
07-31-2008, 08:52 AM
Crasnick on ESPN.com looks at the worst deadline deals in recent memory:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=crasnick_jerry&id=3510650

It's almost funny how bad the Colon-to-Montreal deal was. It really reads like an aweful fantasy trade.

My question is which rental this year will uncover a jewel...

Also, ESPN says Frank Thomas should be off the DL within a few days and back in the order for Oakland.

I have no idea what's going on right now, and I LOVE IT. God Bless baseball!!
Well...part of the theory behind the Colon trade with Montreal was the fact taht Montreal might not be in the MLB the next year so they were going to pull out all the stops to win now.

the1tab
07-31-2008, 08:53 AM
I hope that's not the case... But Kenny might even bite, who knows. He's been chasing after Junior for years.

Doesn't Thome's contract run out after this year? I wouldn't mind Junior as our left-handed DH next year... not terrible... unlike Thome we wouldn't automatically lose his bat against NL teams in the postseason/interleague play

RowanDye
07-31-2008, 08:53 AM

Anyone want to venture a guess as to how Griffey would setup a 3-way deal? Quentin is not going anywhere and I don't think Dye is either. That leaves Swisher and/or Anderson? Does Anderson + Poreda + "anyone else in the system" get Street? I have a hard time believing that.

ndgt10
07-31-2008, 08:55 AM
Griffey agrees...pending physical. Sox give up 2 minor leaguers, one a PTBNL

the1tab
07-31-2008, 08:55 AM
Anyone want to venture a guess as to how Griffey would setup a 3-way deal? Quentin is not going anywhere and I don't think Dye is either. That leaves Swisher and/or Anderson? Does Anderson + Poreda + "anyone else in the system" get Street? I have a hard time believing that.

Anderson, Massett & Mark Ellis to Cincy
Brandon Phillips & Bronson Arroyo to Oakland
Ken Griffey Jr & Huston Street to the Sox

Thoughts?

jabrch
07-31-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm just curious what the next move is before I form an opinion. This can't be it - because right now we really have nowhere to play Griffey.

btrain929

I'm pretty sure Carlos Gonzalez is their CF for the present and future, so BA would be of no interest to them.

Gammons Peter
Farmio is on Dahl right now

Madvora
Do you have a source?

This must mean someone on the roster is going to move for something else.

haganaga
07-31-2008, 08:57 AM
This thread is going to get me in trouble at work today. :D:
Totally! I have so much crap to get done before the end of the day and this is a distraction I did not need. Couldn't this have all come out tomorrow at say, 2:30 when I'm in a car driving to Indy? :smile:

Lukin13
Anderson, Massett & Mark Ellis to Cincy
Brandon Phillips & Bronson Arroyo to Oakland
Ken Griffey Jr & Huston Street to the Sox

Thoughts?

The White Sox give up Anderson and Massett and receive Griffey and Street???

Good grief.

Frankfan4life
I heard it would be a seperate deal...did you hear something else? Junior would go to Oakland then?I think your assessment is closer to the truth. I just heard it's a separate deal.

MeteorsSox4367
07-31-2008, 08:58 AM
I've always liked Griffey a lot as a player, however, where the hell is he going to play? Tim Kurkjian on ESPN Radio said the same thing.

Can Griffey pitch? Maybe he'll be the third LH reliever in the pen.

And as one of the earlier posters asked, what number is he going to wear? IIRC, every number Junior has worn in the past is spoken for here.

Frankfan4life
07-31-2008, 08:58 AM
The White Sox give up Anderson and Massett and receive Griffey and Street???

Good grief.Is this true? WOW!!!!

anewman35
07-31-2008, 08:59 AM
Is this true? WOW!!!!

No.

Rocky Soprano
Is this true? WOW!!!!

NO, its NOT true!

jabrch
Doesn't Thome's contract run out after this year? I wouldn't mind Junior as our left-handed DH next year... not terrible... unlike Thome we wouldn't automatically lose his bat against NL teams in the postseason/interleague play

Unless we stop playing him, he will reach the # of PA to kick in one more year of his contract.

CLR01

And the great Anderson debate rages on. :cheers:

Gammons Peter
07-31-2008, 09:00 AM
Farmio is expecting more bullpen help

gregoriop

Are you speculating or did you see this somewhere?

the1tab
Is this true? WOW!!!!

i threw out a theoretical 3 team deal...

I love speculating...

i wanna know who we're giving up and what else we're going to do...

help me?

soxfan21
I like this move, we could either play him at DH or possibly put him in center, move Swish to first and then either trade Konerko, or use Paully as a DH if his bat ever gets going again.

Law11

Source please..

KRS1
07-31-2008, 09:01 AM
Do you have a source?

This must mean someone on the roster is going to move for something else.

His source is likely the other board where someone from Texas supposedly heard it on the radio.

Dan Mega
07-31-2008, 09:01 AM
then either trade Konerko

What team would be willing to take him given his stats right now?

the1tab
07-31-2008, 09:02 AM
Unless we stop playing him, he will reach the # of PA to kick in one more year of his contract.

Hidden reason to acquire Junior?

CHISOXFAN13
i threw out a theoretical 3 team deal...

I love speculating...

i wanna know who we're giving up and what else we're going to do...

help me?

Why are people on this site undervaluing Brandon Phillips? The trade ideas being tossed around on these boards all inclde him in deals for garbage. Makes no sense.

Harry Potter
"or from somebody at the airport"...

WhiteSox5187
07-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Are you speculating or did you see this somewhere?
I haven't heard anything yet outside of stuff from here...

KyWhiSoxFan
07-31-2008, 09:04 AM
If it's true it's just minor leaguers, hopefully one is MacDougal.