PDA

View Full Version : Great Quetion for People That Live In Chicago-Land

kevingrt
05-10-2002, 07:24 PM
I know must of you guys listen to radio so I'll pose these two questions to you.

1) Which sports radio station do you listen to most ESPN Radio 1000, The Score 670, or Sporting News Radio 820?

2) Which station covers the Sox the best out of the top 3?

RedPinStripes
05-10-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
I know must of you guys listen to radio so I'll pose these two questions to you.

1) Which sports radio station do you listen to most ESPN Radio 1000, The Score 670, or Sporting News Radio 820?

I listen to bores and bernstien on the score, and McNeil on 1000 if i can put up with him. I wish Wills had a 4 hour show.

Beside Wills, Sox-and-Roll covers the Sox better then anyone. :D:

harwar
05-11-2002, 08:38 AM
The score is a total joke.Those beavis & butthead guys in the morning usually just sit there and giggle.The morning guys act like morons,mike north IS a moron.Julie Swieca(sunday morn 7-12)is great(Sox fan).I wish she were on 5 days a week.Espn1000 is only good during Sox games,the pre & post game shows are a balm to my soul as its White Sox and nothing but.

Viva Magglio
05-11-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by kevingrt

1) I listen to the Score. I have my likes and dislikes for each Score show, but the Score is the only real source for local sports talk. Boers & Bernsie are my favorites followed by Murph & Fred. I also like J. Hood's White Sox postgame shows. Both ESPN Radio 1000 and Sporting News Radio 820 are too national overall for me. I don't need Dan Patrick or Tim Brando telling me how the Colorado Rockies are doing. I do listen to bits and pieces of McNeil, Jurko, and Harry on ESPN Raido 1000 along with White Sox baseball. I also listen to Les Grobstein's local updates on Sporting News Radio.

2) Outside of carrying the game broadcasts, which ESPN Radio 1000 obviously does, I think the Score does the best job covering the Sox. Sure, I get mad when Score hosts like Mike North harp on things like the attendance issue or take cheap shots over such things as Joe Stephen's firing. However, the Score is the only place where legitimate criticism of the Sox can be effectively aired. When Jerry Manuel makes a boneheaded move that costs us a game, you will never hear much about it from Dave Wills. Don't get me wrong, I think Wills does a great job as pre and post host. However, J. Hood excels Wills in that kind of category.