PDA

View Full Version : Focus People!

the1tab
07-30-2008, 09:11 PM
The decisions for Kenny before the witching hour just became a lot easier with Detroit raising their white flag and sending Pudge to NY for Admiral DoucheNozzle himself, Kyle Farnsworth.

We now have one clear focus - Minnesota.

The AL Central was just declared a 2 horse race by the third wheel. In the meantime, the AL East is getting more interesting by the hour.

DJ - I love August

07-30-2008, 09:35 PM
they aren't raising the flag by any means...what are you talking about?

MCHSoxFan
07-30-2008, 09:36 PM
they aren't raising the flag by any means...what are you talking about?

DET made a bad trade? :?:

07-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Yes it's not the best trade, but I would not go as far as saying they are "raising the white flag" when they are only 5.5 behind, and have players like granderson, magglio, guillen, cabrera, etc... etc...

07-30-2008, 09:43 PM
The Tigers are by no means out of the playoff race without pudge.

BeviBall!
07-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Detroit may have gotten better.

the1tab
07-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Detroit may have gotten better.

How are you better by unloading a future HOF, albeit at the tail end of a Hall of Fame career, who still calls a good game for a guy that's played more left field and third base than C in the last 5 years? Inge calls a mediocre game and his release throwing to 2 is slower than Dontrelle Willis getting an out.

I would love to see the Tigers' ERA when Inge catches vs Rodriguez... not even gonna ask about the stolen base %.

I haven't even gotten to the fact that they're adding an alcoholic to their bullpen who has already failed in Detroit in the last 5 years.

I can't say they got better by making this deal.

KnightSox
07-30-2008, 10:00 PM
The Tigers are by no means out of the playoff race without pudge.There is only one Pudge, and it ain't Rodriguez.

TheCommander
07-30-2008, 10:01 PM
There is only one Pudge, and it ain't Rodriguez.

I second that. :D:

Fungo
07-30-2008, 10:28 PM
There is only one Pudge, and it ain't Rodriguez.Fudge
:D:

LoveYourSuit
07-30-2008, 10:33 PM
The decisions for Kenny before the witching hour just became a lot easier with Detroit raising their white flag and sending Pudge to NY for Admiral DoucheNozzle himself, Kyle Farnsworth.

We now have one clear focus - Minnesota.

The AL Central was just declared a 2 horse race by the third wheel. In the meantime, the AL East is getting more interesting by the hour.

DJ - I love August

Are you kidding?

Have you not seen the rest of that cast on offense?

Pudge argueably was the weakest link in that line up.

And he pissed that game away on Friday vs us by throwing the ball into LF. His defense is not that good anymore.

Eddo144
07-30-2008, 10:34 PM
I don't think you can definitively say that the Tigers got better or worse. A few points:

Rodriguez is no longer producing at a Hall of Fame level (.295/.338/.417).
The dropoff to Inge (.227/.320/.438) isn't that great.
The Tigers needed bullpen help, and Farnsworth is above average (3.65 ERA, 1.353 WHIP).It all depends if the upgrade from whomever to Farnsworth in the bullpen outweighs the downgrade from Rodriguez to Inge at catcher.

Personally, I'm glad to see Rodriguez go. A position player is definitely worth more than a relief pitcher, so it's more likely that the dropoff to Inge has a greater effect than the upgrade to Farnsworth.

But this wasn't a white-flag trade; Dombrowski wanted to get a reliable reliever, and apparently had to give up his starting catcher.

Lip Man 1
07-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Rodriguez was pissed off he had to split time with Inge. Detroit hasn't raised the white flag in the slightest. 5 1/2 out with two months to go is still very much in the hunt.

I'm confused how the thread starter came to this conclusion.

Lip

07-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Agreed whoever started this post has no idea what they are talking about...

JB98
07-30-2008, 11:11 PM
I agree that Detroit is not waving any white flags. Still, I believe the Yankees got the better end of this deal. Inge isn't as adept at handling a pitching staff as Rodriguez, and Farnsworth is just a mediocre reliever.

I believe the White Sox are a better club than the Tigers. I've said for awhile the Twins are the team most capable of beating us. I'm not going to write off Detroit entirely, but that pitching staff just doesn't scare me. Especially given that we have success against their ace on a regular basis.

DumpJerry
07-31-2008, 12:08 AM
This was not a White Flag by any stretch of the imagination. Rodriquez was getting limited playing time this year so he will not be missed a lot. Farnsworth might shore up their weak bullpen. I know that is a stretch, but the Tigers unload salary and get some relief help.

doublem23
07-31-2008, 12:10 AM
The Tigers haven't mattered since... the 2nd week of April?

Who cares about those dicks?

IronFisk
07-31-2008, 12:25 AM
There is only one Pudge, and it ain't Rodriguez.

DAMN STRAIGHT!

LoveYourSuit
07-31-2008, 12:29 AM
The Tigers haven't mattered since... the 2nd week of April?

Who cares about those dicks?

Assuming the Teal position for that post.

Gavin
07-31-2008, 12:30 AM
Yeah, Street would be awesome.

hawkjt
07-31-2008, 12:42 AM
He helps the yanks and we play the yanks in NY so now we have to face him there. He seems to hit sox pitching well. But so does Inge.
Farnsworth..sox can handle him.
It does make the yanks tougher for a wildcard bid and the sox just might be in the hunt for that spot.
Twins are the main threat and I would bet that Liriano will be coming soon to replace livan hernandez.

doublem23
07-31-2008, 08:35 AM
Assuming the Teal position for that post.

No, the Tigers have been ****ty all year. You guys need to learn not to wet your pants everytime a crappy team strings a few wins together.

Detroit De-****ing-Sucks