PDA

View Full Version : Alexi Casilla to DL

Chez
07-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Didn't see this posted anywhere else. Twinkies placed their rookie second baseman, Alexi Casilla on the DL with a torn ligament in his thumb and have recalled Adam Everett. Casilla was having himself a nice season batting in the 2 hole.

kidmccarthy
07-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I saw this the other day. He is done for the season most likely, and now the Twins will use Punto at second and Everett at Short quite a bit. I dont see how that infield can lead to a division title.

oeo
07-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I saw this the other day. He is done for the season most likely, and now the Twins will use Punto at second and Everett at Short quite a bit. I dont see how that infield can lead to a division title.

I honestly don't see how they're over .500, but they are.

I'm sure if someone falters, they have another crappy middle infielder that they can bring up that bats .350 for a year.

07-30-2008, 02:59 PM
All the Twins need to replace him with is a warm body. It doesn't seem to matter who they stick out there, they always perform like they were out of the same mold.

turners56
07-30-2008, 03:06 PM

Everett is a terrible hitter compared to Casilla. The Twins would rather have Branden Harris there.

kidmccarthy
07-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Everett is a terrible hitter compared to Casilla. The Twins would rather have Branden Harris there.

Yep either option sucks for them...Not for us!:smile:

palehozenychicty
07-30-2008, 03:50 PM
I honestly don't see how they're over .500, but they are.

I'm sure if someone falters, they have another crappy middle infielder that they can bring up that bats .350 for a year.

Exactly. I'm just shuddering at Everett tonight. :(:

hellview
07-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Everett won't see much of the field. It will be Harris at SS and Punto at 2B.

Chez
07-30-2008, 04:01 PM
The Twins could trot Denny Hocking out there tonight and he'd get four turf hits against us! :D: