PDA

View Full Version : Dave Willis Comment On Every Post-Game

kevingrt
05-10-2002, 07:38 PM
Hey can this board be like the White Sox post-game show on ESPN Radio 1000? Please!!!! No Cubs only when we play them. It's called the Sox Clubhouse, not the Cubs Suck Clubhouse or Flubs House. Please guy's let's make it the Sox Clubhouse. I know I'm new here and no one will listen to me but let's try to stay away from the Cubs only when we play them?

RedPinStripes
05-10-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by kevingrt
Hey can this board be like the White Sox post-game show on ESPN Radio 1000? Please!!!! No Cubs only when we play them. It's called the Sox Clubhouse, not the Cubs Suck Clubhouse or Flubs House. Please guy's let's make it the Sox Clubhouse. I know I'm new here and no one will listen to me but let's try to stay away from the Cubs only when we play them?

You must be one of those "chicago fans"

Huisj
05-10-2002, 07:48 PM
problem is that if this message board keeps getting divided up into more and more sub-categories, it'll get a lot harder to browse around and just come across stuff. I kind of like having a diverse message board with lots of different discussions going on all in one place.

kevingrt
05-10-2002, 07:49 PM
You must be one of those "chicago fans"

Actually I hate the Cub's!

sox_fan_4life
05-10-2002, 07:58 PM
. I know I'm new here and no one will listen to me but let's try to stay away from the Cubs only when we play them?

Ok, when we play the Cubs I will stay away from them.

It is my Sox given right to ridicule the sCrUBS and their ignorant fans any time I want to.

MarqSox
05-10-2002, 08:02 PM

I'll make fun of the Cubs if I wanna make fun of the Cubs. And I wanna make fun of the Cubs.

Cubs suck.

See, was that so bad? I know I feel better.

RedPinStripes
05-10-2002, 08:56 PM

Actually I hate the Cub's!

Ok. That's good. :gulp:

cheeses_h_rice
05-10-2002, 09:37 PM

Sorry pal, but the Sox, for better or worse, are in direct competition with the Flubs for the hearts and minds of intelligent baseball fans in this city. The Flubs' success, in part, comes at the expense of the health of the Sox franchise, especially given that neither team has accomplished jack in the postseason in 85 years.

Also, living in this city and being subjected to the media onslaughts against our club as well as the arrogance of the "Cub" (i.e. Wrigley) fans, and the constant put-downs of our ballclub based on factors that have zilch to do with the play on the field, have steeled me to the point where the Sox winning comes first, whoever they're trying to beat in the AL Central losing comes second, and whoever's playing the Flubs comes third. A Sox win and a Flubs loss is "just like taking two," to paraphrase the MLB board poster Ncorgl. It will thus ever be so.

Foulke You
05-11-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Sorry pal, but the Sox, for better or worse, are in direct competition with the Flubs for the hearts and minds of intelligent baseball fans in this city. The Flubs' success, in part, comes at the expense of the health of the Sox franchise, especially given that neither team has accomplished jack in the postseason in 85 years.

Also, living in this city and being subjected to the media onslaughts against our club as well as the arrogance of the "Cub" (i.e. Wrigley) fans, and the constant put-downs of our ballclub based on factors that have zilch to do with the play on the field, have steeled me to the point where the Sox winning comes first, whoever they're trying to beat in the AL Central losing comes second, and whoever's playing the Flubs comes third. A Sox win and a Flubs loss is "just like taking two," to paraphrase the MLB board poster Ncorgl. It will thus ever be so.

Well said Cheeses. The White Sox franchise was officially born in 1901. Since that time it has been an intensely bitter rivalry between two groups of baseball fans within Chicago. You simply can't erase over 100 years of animosity. It just ain't gonna happen!

Nellie_Fox
05-11-2002, 01:18 PM
Hey can this board be like the White Sox post-game show on ESPN Radio 1000?
I only recently heard a Dave Wills post-game show. If someone wanted to call in and celebrate a Cubs loss, would he object?

Anyway, my two favorite things, in order, are a Sox win and a Cubs loss. Whenever I tell my wife "Sox win" her first question is "what did the Cubs do?" If I say they lost, she replies "yesssss."

Kilroy
05-11-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Whenever I tell my wife "Sox win" her first question is "what did the Cubs do?" If I say they lost, she replies "yesssss."

That's a fine woman you got yourself there...

PaleHoseGeorge
05-11-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

I only recently heard a Dave Wills post-game show. If someone wanted to call in and celebrate a Cubs loss, would he object?

I listen to Wills after nearly every game. (I'm usually busy writing the TBGR). I can't ever recall a Sox Fan calling him to crow about a Cub loss. Most of the callers are the same 10-15 whiners who inevitably spot a dark lining in every Sox victory. I honestly feel sorry for Wills having to deal with these people.

Wills disourages callers from discussing the Cubs. He reminds listeners this is a WHITE SOX show, and never himself makes a comment about the Cubs except when rounding up the MLB scores. Still the Flubs fans will call and beef with Wills. That's about as much Cubs disscussion as you'll ever hear.

:wills
"I deserved combat pay in 2001. 1998 and 1999 were brutal, too."

LuvChiSox
05-11-2002, 05:09 PM

I think Cheeses said it best.

If you don't want to hear about the scrubs or us slamming them, then go visit a board where it's not allowed or where you can filter the anti-scrubs comments out.

This place on the internet is a sanctuary where die-hard Sox fans can let off steam and really say how they feel about the scrubs without getting tossed off or reprimanded, and even scrub fans can't touch us. That's the beauty of WSI.

I love this site, and I detest the flubs, their toilet bowl up north, and their so-called "fans".

:) BTW, welcome!