Favorite: Oriole Park
Least Favoite:Metrodome

The Milkman
07-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Favorite -- Comerica
Least Favorite -- The Urinal

beasly213
07-29-2008, 12:51 PM
Favorite - (Besides U.S. Cellular) Jacobs Field (Or whatever the name is now)

Least Favorite - Marlins. Talk about a dump and a half.

jabrch
07-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Favorite - (Besides U.S. Cellular) Jacobs Field (Or whatever the name is now)

Least Favorite - Marlins. Talk about a dumb and a half.

:scratch:

jabrch
07-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Favorite (non USCF) - Dodger Stadium

Least Favorite - Tropicana Field

soxpride724
07-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Best: The Cell

Worst: HHH Dome

beasly213
07-29-2008, 12:55 PM
:scratch:

Fixed it!

palehozenychicty
07-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Best: Camden Yards
Worst: Shea Stadium

Law11
07-29-2008, 01:07 PM
That I have visited.

Best - KC
Worst - Minnesota. (I heard this morning that they actually deflated the foul pole earlier yesterday while working on the roof).. Folks, foul poles should not be able to be blown up like a friggin pool toy. That stadium is the biggest joke in all of sports.

LITTLE NELL
07-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Favorite: Old Comiskey
Least Favorite: Shea

scarsofthumper
07-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Favorite: AT&T Park
Least Favorite: Metrodome

jenn2080
07-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Favorite - Jacob's Field
Worst - The dome

skottyj242
07-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Favorite:I liked a lot of them, I would have to say maybe Great American
Least:Coors

tony1972
07-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Favorite: The Cell or Great American Ballpark (I haven't been to that many)
Least: Miller Park (they wouldn't open the roof and it felt like being in a greenhouse)...

chisoxfanatic
07-29-2008, 01:42 PM
I wasn't fond of Skydome and thought Wrigley was incredibly overrated.

Miller Park is decent; however, I did get this claustrophobic feel to the place, and it is too dark of a ballpark. Kaufman has a gorgeous backdrop with all of the fountains; however, the main concourse could use a major face lift.

Obviously, I love our ballpark, and Safeco is just a wonderful spot!

I am looking forward to seeing Busch Stadium when I attend a game there next Tuesday night.

roylestillman
07-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Favorite: Camden Yards
Honorable mention: PNC Park

Worst: Hump Dome
No longer the worst because they tore it down: The Vet in Philly

BlackAndWhite
07-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Best: Oriole Park/Safeco
Worst: Tropicana (I can't believe no one has said this yet)

Edit: Sorry, jabrch. Didn't see that.

Mr.1Dog
07-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Best: AT&T

Worst: Shea

MUsoxfan
07-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Worst: Shea Stadium

Least Favorite: Shea

I agree 100%. I can't imagine there ever being a stadium worse than Shea.

RTI_SoxFan
07-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Favorite: AT&T
Least: Minnesota

C-Dawg
07-29-2008, 02:13 PM
I agree 100%. I can't imagine there ever being a stadium worse than Shea.

There is; its called the Metrodome.

I suppose it might have its advantages in April, but on a summer night in Minnesota there's no way I'd want to be inside a smelly, airtight dome with poor seating and what just might be the widest seating sections (like, 40 seats in a row in some areas!) in all of professional sports.

MUsoxfan
07-29-2008, 02:15 PM
There is; its called the Metrodome.

I suppose it might have its advantages in April, but on a summer night in Minnesota there's no way I'd want to be inside a smelly, airtight dome with poor seating and what just might be the widest seating sections in all of professional sports.

I've been to the Metrodome for baseball. For all it's shortcomings, I really didn't dislike my experience there. It would certainly never be near the top of any of my lists or anything, but I thought it was fine.

kittle42
07-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Best: New Busch

DSpivack
07-29-2008, 02:26 PM
I've been to USCF, old Busch, Dodger Stadium, AT&T, Wrigley, Turner, Nats Park, Oriole Park, Comerica, Skydome, Yankee Stadium, Coors, RFK and Old Comiskey.

Best: AT&T/Oriole Park (tie)
Worst: RFK was far and away the worst (although pretty good for soccer).

soxinem1
07-29-2008, 02:29 PM
I've been to the Metrodome for baseball. For all it's shortcomings, I really didn't dislike my experience there. It would certainly never be near the top of any of my lists or anything, but I thought it was fine.

I went to the HHH dome in 1993 and last year. At least on the outside it now feels like you are at a baseball game.

Also, even though the park is lame, watching the game from around the INF or LF is not bad, except for that 15'x15' so-called scoreboard.

Next month, my family and I are going to CIN and CLE, so maybe I can make a better judgement on what I've heard about the two of them.

BEST: Camden, Royals, Old Comiskey

WORST: Tropicana, Fenway, Shea, and 1060 West Addison

kraut83
07-29-2008, 02:57 PM

Just wondering what you didn't like about Coors. That was one of my favorite parks, although I think it's too big.

Favorite: Oriole Park
Least: RFK was a dump, current is probably Tropicana.

skottyj242
07-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Just wondering what you didn't like about Coors. That was one of my favorite parks, although I think it's too big.

I thought it was way too big and we sat in the Rock Pile seats which if you thought the upper deck at Comiskey was bad you haven't seen anything. I did really like how they let us sit on the field for the fireworks though. I just had a bad experience there and it was because I had drove there straight and was tired and crabby. I will have to give it another try.

TDog
07-29-2008, 03:10 PM
... Least: Miller Park (they wouldn't open the roof and it felt like being in a greenhouse)...

The thing is that when the roof is open, it's still not a very good place to watch a baseball game. It's just not as depressing.

goofymsfan
07-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Favorite: The Cell or Great American Ballpark (I haven't been to that many)
Least: Miller Park (they wouldn't open the roof and it felt like being in a greenhouse)...

That was my complaint when they closed the roof they closed the windows and it was extremely muggy.

Favorite: Safeco

Least: Oakland though the atmosphere of Angel's Stadium really should make it least. My friend and I actually had a good time with the A's fans.

goofymsfan
07-29-2008, 03:28 PM
I thought it was way too big and we sat in the Rock Pile seats which if you thought the upper deck at Comiskey was bad you haven't seen anything. I did really like how they let us sit on the field for the fireworks though. I just had a bad experience there and it was because I had drove there straight and was tired and crabby. I will have to give it another try.

You really should give it another try. It is up there on my list of favorites.

Jerko
07-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Never been to the A's park for baseball, but it sucked for football. I can't imagine many places being worse.

Shoeless_Jim
07-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Honorable mention: PNC Park

i forgot about PNC i love that place im from ohio so i go quite often

FUram5585
07-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Ive been at Shea once every couple weeks this summer, and although it is not the greatest park, ive never been disappointed by the fans. Mets fans are a tough bunch. Its a crappy park? You better believe it, but there is some redeeming value with the crowd(minus the wave they insist on doing). Other than (new)Comiskey where I saw my first game, I really enjoyed Miller Park. My first and only trip to a domed stadium and even though it had a warehouse feel I really did think it was a great place

WagMan
07-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Favorite park: AT&T
Runner-up: Comerica (minus the city around it)

Least favorite: don't really have one, but I didn't love Chase Field (B.O.B. when I was there) in AZ. I'm going to Shea in September so this opinion could change shortly.

thomas35forever
07-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Favorite (non-Comiskey): Haven't been to any of the newer ones, but the new Busch looks nice with the downtown view.

Least Favorite: The Dome

Marqhead
07-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Favorite: Pac-Bell/AT&T (I was there when it was Pac Bell)
Least: I've been in the Dome for football, can't imagine baseball is any better. However, I'll have to go Urinal on this one.

Hoping to get to games at Camden, Nats Park, Yankee Stadium and possibly Citizens Bank Park as I head out east in a week.

TDog
07-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Never been to the A's park for baseball, but it sucked for football. I can't imagine many places being worse.

Really, it staggers the imagination to think of a worse outdoor park than McAfee. I pass it on the BART, and the neighborhood looks like a setting for a Mad Max movie, an industrial/scrapyard area. I go to see the White Sox, of course, and I'm glad it's there because of its convenience. Fremont won't be so convenient, I fear.

The funny thing is, on a clear day, you can see McAfee from AT&T, if you know where to look. I've been to AT&T to see the Giants when they weren't playing the Sox. I would never go to McAfee to see the A's play anyone other than the Sox.

PKalltheway
07-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Favorite: PNC Park
Least Favorite: Cinergy Field (at least it's gone now)

asindc
07-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Favorite:I liked a lot of them, I would have to say maybe Great American

Coors is really your least favorite?

Favorite non-Comiskey: Camden Yards

Least: Wrigley (and not because the Cubs are annoying).

skottyj242
07-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Coors is really your least favorite?

Favorite non-Comiskey: Camden Yards

Least: Wrigley (and not because the Cubs are annoying).

Coors is the least favorite of the ones I have been to and I stated my reasons earlier. I don't see why everyone thinks PNC is so great, take away the view of the city in the backdrop and I thought it was more of like a mall than a ballpark. Too many elevators. You can't walk around the whole stadium without having to change levels. The food wasn't that good.(although the chili, cheese and sour cream french fries were pretty good.) We did take a boat to the game too which was pretty cool. I don't know, I would put PNC in the middle of the pack. I enjoyed Philly much more that Pitt. The Bulls BBQ in Philly could have been the best pulled pork I have ever had.

asindc
07-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Coors is the least favorite of the ones I have been to and I stated my reasons earlier. I don't see why everyone thinks PNC is so great, take away the view of the city in the backdrop and I thought it was more of like a mall than a ballpark. Too many elevators. You can't walk around the whole stadium without having to change levels. The food wasn't that good.(although the chili, cheese and sour cream french fries were pretty good.) We did take a boat to the game too which was pretty cool. I don't know, I would put PNC in the middle of the pack. I enjoyed Philly much more that Pitt. The Bulls BBQ in Philly could have been the best pulled pork I have ever had.

I had not seen your second post. I will agree with others that you should give it another try. It is 2nd on my favorite non-Comiskey parks. Loved the food and the sight lines (I sat behind home plate).

For those listing RFK as the former least favorite, I agree wholeheartedly. The absolute worst professional stadium experience I've ever had. Place was a dump, plain and simple.

skottyj242
07-30-2008, 09:58 AM
I had not seen your second post. I will agree with others that you should give it another try. It is 2nd on my favorite non-Comiskey parks. Loved the food and the sight lines (I sat behind home plate).

For those listing RFK as the former least favorite, I agree wholeheartedly. The absolute worst professional stadium experience I've ever had. Place was a dump, plain and simple.

We sat on the Rock Pile. Worst. Seats. Ever.

eriqjaffe
07-30-2008, 10:53 AM
Favorite non-Cell park still in use: Dodger Stadium
Favorite non-Cell park no longer in use: Old Comiskey - it's still kind of my benchmark for what a ballpark should be.

Least favorite park still in use: Metrodome
Least favorite park no longer in use: Olympic Stadium

If the Expos were still around and playing in Stade Olympique, I'd rank it as worse than the Metrodome. At least my seats there were facing the infield - that may have had more to do with where I was sitting, but my seats at Olympic were facing the right field corner. At least it was during the days when the Expos still had guys like Raines, Dawson, Wallach, et al, so they were a fun team to watch.

bestkosher
07-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Favorite: Chase Field formerly BIG BOB. Great Kids area and good views through out the park.

Least Favorite. Petco Park Odd seat angles, crap food, and to me it looks too mismatched. Looks a combination of Houston and Fenway.

doublem23
07-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Fav: The Cell (haven't been to many others)
Worst: Shea (Old Busch would have gotten the nod if it still existed)

chisox117
07-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Favorite: Chase Field formerly BIG BOB. Great Kids area and good views through out the park.

It's surprising to me that anyone could pick Chase as their favorite. Even when the roof is open, it still pales in comparison to the feel of an open-air stadium because of the structural design of the park. With the roof closed it is especially awful with the way the noise echos around in there. Either way it's like you're sitting in a big box. It's the only retractable roof stadium that I've visited, but they all look pretty much the same on TV, so I figure they're all essentially like that. Throw in the dispassionate, unknowledgeable (for the most part) fans, the mall food court food choices (McDonald's or Panda Express anyone?) and those guys with the signs trying to control when you move to and from your seats and you have, in my opinion, an extremely lame place to catch a game.
:gulp:

TDog
07-30-2008, 01:33 PM
It's surprising to me that anyone could pick Chase as their favorite. Even when the roof is open, it still pales in comparison to the feel of an open-air stadium because of the structural design of the park. With the roof closed it is especially awful with the way the noise echos around in there. Either way it's like you're sitting in a big box. It's the only retractable roof stadium that I've visited, but they all look pretty much the same on TV, so I figure they're all essentially like that. Throw in the dispassionate, unknowledgeable (for the most part) fans, the mall food court food choices (McDonald's or Panda Express anyone?) and those guys with the signs trying to control when you move to and from your seats and you have, in my opinion, an extremely lame place to catch a game.

I liked Bank One Ballpark a lot when I lived in Arizona. I was in the first game played there, an exhibition against the White Sox. Frank Thomas got the first hit, but they don't count that on the official "firsts" list.

I went to a lot of games at Miller Park in Milwaukee after a season braving the weather at County Stadium. I don't know that I preferred County Stadium. At the end, the clock on the centerfield scoreboard stopped working. They would move the hands to the correct time every five minutes. I saw that happening a couple of times. I do know that Bank One Ballpark, except for the dead grass in right field and the steep upper deck seats, was a much better baseball experience than Miller Park.

chisox117
07-30-2008, 01:53 PM
I liked Bank One Ballpark a lot when I lived in Arizona. I was in the first game played there, an exhibition against the White Sox. Frank Thomas got the first hit, but they don't count that on the official "firsts" list.

I went to that 1st game exhibition game at BOB too. My boss at the time had Diamondbacks season tickets, so we had great seats. It's hard to believe that that was already more than 10 years ago!

amsteel
07-30-2008, 02:08 PM
favorite: PNC becuae of the views, atmosphere, prices. I had an all around great experience (other than the rain delay).

least fav: I'll have to go with Wrigley just because of inaccessibility and lack of modern facilities/furnishings.

I also like to say I was very underwhelmed by Comerica. I though the exterior was very impressive, but the interior was rather blah.

Chrisaway
07-30-2008, 03:13 PM
best: PNC, old comiskey
worst (that ive been to):old busch, wrigley

goofymsfan
07-30-2008, 05:00 PM

Don't group all retractable roof stadiums together. While Safeco has a retractable roof, it is basically just a gigantic umbrella. This allows it to retain an open air feel to the stadium. In fact, even with the roof closed, if the wind is blowing, some areas can still get rained on (or snowed on like in April of this year).

cards press box
07-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Favorite (other than U.S. Cellular): PNC is just a great park with a spectacular view. I haven't been to Safeco yet but it looks like an excellent park. Honorable mention goes to Comerica Park, a fine ballpark that is reminiscent of U.S. Cellular Field.

Worst: Two-part answer for this one. Of the older stadiums, Wrigley is just awful. It wasn't good thirty years ago (before it became a media darling) and it is even more dilapidated and awful today. Of the newer stadiums, the Metrodome is pretty godawful, too. The Metrodome looks bad on television and, believe it or not, is even more bleak in person.

Parrothead
07-30-2008, 06:30 PM
PNC is by far the best out there. If I could choose only one park to see a game that would be it. Everything about the park is great....food, service, view, area and people....I could die there. Too bad the team blows.

worst...probably Wrigley or Dodger Stadium.

I have 11 parks left to visit....Az, Hous, Tex, Sea, Fla, TB, NYM, NYY, Col, Was, STL (going to both NYs this year)

whitesoxwilkes
07-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Favorite: Camden
Least favorite: Humpdome

Shea is old and tired, but not a bad place to see a game.

scarsofthumper
07-30-2008, 11:12 PM
To give the Metrodome credit, it's a great place for a Vikings game, but the last time I checked, the Vikes weren't in MLB.

Personally though, I gotta give a dishonorable mention to Dolphin Stadium. I just hope the new Miami stadium is a lot better.

ChicagoG19
07-31-2008, 12:05 AM
Best: PNC

Worst: Yankee Stadium

chisox117
07-31-2008, 12:43 AM
Don't group all retractable roof stadiums together. While Safeco has a retractable roof, it is basically just a gigantic umbrella. This allows it to retain an open air feel to the stadium. In fact, even with the roof closed, if the wind is blowing, some areas can still get rained on (or snowed on like in April of this year).

Thanks for contrasting the parks. That's very interesting. Because of their similar appearance on tv, I've always lumped those parks together as being pretty much identical. I used to think the same thing about those cookie-cutter multi-use astroturf stadiums from the 70's and 80's (e.g.Riverfront, Veterans, Three Rivers, etc.). Does anyone know of any unique characteristics that set any of those parks apart from each other?

ballgame ovah
07-31-2008, 12:48 AM
(From what I've been to)

Favorite- The Cell, Shea Stadium

Worst- Yankee Stadium

I took a trip to NYC last week, and it should come as no surprise that Yankee Stadium is being torn down. Yes, it has prestige and it looks pretty on television, but everything else is crap. I could have reached up and touched the top of the concourse (At least in the bleacher area). Shea isn't bad, like people make it out to be, it just gets a bad rap for being #2 in NY.

soxjim
07-31-2008, 11:17 AM
Best besides US Cellular. Is Kaufmann Stadium or Camden Yards.
The worst is wrigley.
Next one to visit is San Diego.

High Mileage
08-01-2008, 12:53 PM
I love Kauffman, can't wait until Opening Day when the $250 million in renovations will be done, it will be like a completely different park. Other than The K, I would say Yankee Stadium is one of my faves, although I hate the Yankees themselves.

The worst stadium I've been to was Candlestick Park when the Giants still played there, what a complete ****hole...

08-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Best:
http://z.about.com/d/gosanfrancisco/1/0/_/7/ATTPark2c.jpg

Worst is on the other side of this bay in Oakland.

High Mileage
08-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Best:
http://z.about.com/d/gosanfrancisco/1/0/_/7/ATTPark2c.jpg

Worst is on the other side of this bay in Oakland.

LOL. When KC was playing Oakland earlier this week, they had somebody from the old A's World Series teams (I think it was Joe Rudi) on air and they asked him what he thought of how the outfield has changed, his response, "It sucks."

Thome25
08-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Favorite: Camden
Least favorite: Humpdome

Shea is old and tired, but not a bad place to see a game.

Best besides US Cellular. Is Kaufmann Stadium or Camden Yards.
The worst is wrigley.
Next one to visit is San Diego.

Camden Yards is a dump. It's dirty(along with the entire city of Baltimore.), you can't see the field from the concourse, and it's so quirky that it's annoying. I was walking around the park and it was like trying to navigate a maze especially in the outfield.

Camden Yards is like one of those movies that makes millions and millions of dollars for weeks and all of your friends and movie critics are hyping it up and telling you to go see it......when you finally do you say to yourself "Why did I want to see this movie again?! Because it sure didn't live up to the hype."

Citizens Bank in Philly is a much better ballpark.

skottyj242
08-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Camden Yards is a dump. It's dirty(along with the entire city of Baltimore.), you can't see the field from the concourse, and it's so quirky that it's annoying. I was walking around the park and it was like trying to navigate a maze especially in the outfield.

Camden Yards is like one of those movies that makes millions and millions of dollars for weeks and all of your friends and movie critics are hyping it up and telling you to go see it......when you finally do you say to yourself "Why did I want to see this movie again?! Because it sure didn't live up to the hype."

Citizens Bank in Philly is a much better ballpark.

I loved them both.

BleacherBandit
08-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Worst: Pro Player Stadium / Dolphin Stadium / Whatever it's called now....

Best: Camden Yards (half because you can get nice seats on game day. O's fans are terrible and never show up)

High Mileage
08-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Worst: Pro Player Stadium / Dolphin Stadium / Whatever it's called now....

Best: Camden Yards (half because you can get nice seats on game day. O's fans are terrible and never show up)

Dolphin Stadium: It doesn't look great on TV, but it's really nice in person. I was there for the Orange Bowl this year...

Camden Yards: All the Orioles "fans" are going to Nationals games!!!

Viva Medias B's
08-01-2008, 04:14 PM
Of ballparks I've been to:

Best: Busch Stadium (besides U.S. Cellular)
Worst: Dolphin Stadium

1908<2005
08-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Favorite: PNC
Least Favorite: The Urinal

High Mileage
08-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Ok, I have to ask. What is "The Urinal"?

ChiSoxGirl
08-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Ok, I have to ask. What is "The Urinal"?

Wrigley Field because it smells like... wait for it... urine.

High Mileage
08-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Wrigley Field because it smells like... wait for it... urine.

I figured.

SOXSINCE'70
08-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Favorite(s): Comiskey Park, Miller Park,Yankmee Stadium,Citizens Bank Ballpark

Least favorite(s):THE FRIGGIN' DOME,Trpicana Field
(when the Sox are there, I can barely stay awake to watch the game),
and of course,THE URINAL!!

soxpride724
08-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Wrigley Field is also dissed by alot of the TRUE Cub fans, at least the ones that I have met. The place just stinks and it takes ****in forever to get out of the neighborhood after a game.

BleacherBandit
08-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Wrigley Field is also dissed by alot of the TRUE Cub fans, at least the ones that I have met. The place just stinks and it takes ****in forever to get out of the neighborhood after a game.

Yeah, but it also takes a freaking century to get out of the Cell's parking lot after a game. I guess that's the reality with all stadiums though.

soxpride724
08-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Yeah, but it also takes a freaking century to get out of the Cell's parking lot after a game. I guess that's the reality with all stadiums though.

Really? It takes me about ten minutes and I stay to the end of almost every game.

BleacherBandit
08-01-2008, 07:56 PM
I usually get parking tickets that put me in the F or E lot. From there it takes about 15-25 minutes to even see 37th Street, which is where those two lots dump you off.

DoItForDanPasqua
08-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Favorite: Fenway Park

Least Favorite: Metrodome

C-Dawg
08-02-2008, 06:42 AM

LOL The last time I saw the Sox play at Jacobs Field, I parked in a garage across the street from the field (and Gund Arena) and a full HOUR after I walked out of the ballpark I was still stuck in my car and within sight of those two stadiums.

hose
08-02-2008, 08:54 AM
best (beside the Cell)- Comerica

worst- Metrodome

nysox35
08-02-2008, 11:46 AM
I'll only pick from ones I've been to (not many):
Old Comiskey, US Cellular, Wrigley, Miller Park, Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium, Fenway Park

Favorite (Comfort): Miller Park
Favorite (Atmosphere): Yankee Stadium (Fenway 2nd)
Least Favorite: Shea Stadium

For me, it's pretty simple. Shea stadium is absolutely horrendous, so that's a no brainer.
I thought Miller was pretty sweet and it's the only "new" stadium I've been to.

I have season tickets for the yankees and love the energy of the fans. Though I don't like Boston, I have to say, going to a game there is a lot of fun (aside from the seats being meant for ppl 5'8 and under).