PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Hill called up today

cheeses_h_rice
05-10-2002, 01:32 PM
(AP) Chicago -- J.L. Jones & Sons, Co., the exclusive printer for Major League Baseball playoff and World Series tickets, has been ordered to print up tickets to the 2002 World Series, featuring "Chicago Cubs" as the National League team and "tba" as the American League opponent.

FarmerAndy
05-10-2002, 01:41 PM
That boy just isn't right, Peggy.

Vsahajpal
05-10-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
(AP) Chicago -- J.L. Jones & Sons, Co., the exclusive printer for Major League Baseball playoff and World Series tickets, has been ordered to print up tickets to the 2002 World Series, featuring "Chicago Cubs" as the National League team and "tba" as the American League opponent.

Ooh, I'll have to get one, I may never see one.

According to your sig, shouldn't "TBA" be "CWS?"

:)

I'm gonna go shoot Delino Deshields now.

cheeses_h_rice
05-10-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

Ooh, I'll have to get one, I may never see one.

According to your sig, shouldn't "TBA" be "CWS?"

:)

I'm gonna go shoot Delino Deshields now.

I had a ticket to Game 1 of the 2000 World Series in my hand. Unfortunately, as we all know, I had to get my $150 back so I had to turn in the ticket. Sob.

And yeah, I guess if you want to be picky about it, since I do say the Sox are the 2002 champs, I guess they'd have to be the AL opponent. Could you imagine? This city would blow up, nuclear-style.

Vsahajpal
05-10-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

I had a ticket to Game 1 of the 2000 World Series in my hand. Unfortunately, as we all know, I had to get my $150 back so I had to turn in the ticket. Sob.

And yeah, I guess if you want to be picky about it, since I do say the Sox are the 2002 champs, I guess they'd have to be the AL opponent. Could you imagine? This city would blow up, nuclear-style.

I can't imagine it, I was fortunate to be able to attend Game 3 of the Subway Series, and it was insane.

Unfortunately, the likelihood of the Cubs holding up their end of the bargain this year is, well, lower than Hundley's batting average.

Chisox353014
05-10-2002, 02:12 PM
Bobby Hill called up today
Chicago reacts...
:wanne
"ahhhh..all the pieces are in place now"
:chimp
"Cub fans, we've got the greatest ballpark in the history of ever and a dandy new 2nd sacker to play there...WHOA! Laser Shot by Sammy, caught by the catcher to strand the bases loaded! He juuuust missed that one!"
:carter
"The rally haps, rally hats are in full fledge!"
:woo-woo
"I'm so excited, I just crapped myself! What's that? We called up Bobby Hill? Whoops, did it again! Woo!

:wills
"I'm surrounded by idiots in here!"

duke of dorwood
05-10-2002, 04:06 PM
Crede must really be burning up now. Joe's AAA numbers make Hills look like crap-yet he's in the majors.

MisterB
05-10-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Crede must really be burning up now. Joe's AAA numbers make Hills look like crap-yet he's in the majors.

Getting called up from AAA to this Cubs team is more of a lateral move than a promotion. :D:

RedPinStripes
05-10-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

:crede
"first chance i get, I'm outa here!"