PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie On Bullpen

Lip Man 1
07-27-2008, 05:36 PM
From whitesox.com:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080727&content_id=3206749&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Lip

LITTLE NELL
07-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Im also not too excited about our starters lately, except for MB.

kevingrt
07-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Im also not too excited about our starters lately, except for MB.

I'm scared about this Twinkie series. I think we may have to steal a couple more wins like we did Friday at Comerica.

alohafri
07-27-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm scared about this Twinkie series. I think we may have to steal a couple more wins like we did Friday at Comerica.

I am too...which is why I wanted the sweep today...so we could head into Minnesota with the momentum of a fairly long winning streak.

turners56
07-27-2008, 06:47 PM
I am too...which is why I wanted the sweep today...so we could head into Minnesota with the momentum of a fairly long winning streak.

As long as our hitters remember what we did to them last time, It'll be fine. We crushed everybody they threw out there last time. Hopefully, that feeling is still in the Twins' mouths. They're afraid of us now. That series in Chicago was a statement series to the Twins saying, "this is what we really are, you're not gettin' lucky anymore." Minnesota fans seem to forget about that series (maybe they should), but I doubt the Twins' players think the same way.

Soxman219
07-27-2008, 08:29 PM
As long as our hitters remember what we did to them last time, It'll be fine. We crushed everybody they threw out there last time. Hopefully, that feeling is still in the Twins' mouths. They're afraid of us now. That series in Chicago was a statement series to the Twins saying, "this is what we really are, you're not gettin' lucky anymore." Minnesota fans seem to forget about that series (maybe they should), but I doubt the Twins' players think the same way.

Which is why a sweep of the Twins will destroy their psyche. If we dominate them at the Triple H Baggiedome, it will be installed in their brains that they can't beat us. We must crush their pitchers again. They won't beat us at the Humpdome this time.

delben91
07-27-2008, 09:21 PM
From everything I've read tonight, the Sox suck and so as a result, I've determined they have no chance to even play on the same field as the Twins.

Always nice when I can save myself some time during the week, not having to watch the games since I've already been told how they'll end is a real great way to open up my schedule.

kevingrt
07-27-2008, 09:37 PM
From everything I've read tonight, the Sox suck and so as a result, I've determined they have no chance to even play on the same field as the Twins.

Always nice when I can save myself some time during the week, not having to watch the games since I've already been told how they'll end is a real great way to open up my schedule.

Just stay away from the postgame threads. It will make you feel better. Trust me.

whitesox901
07-27-2008, 11:29 PM
Which is why a sweep of the Twins will destroy their psyche. If we dominate them at the Triple H Baggiedome, it will be installed in their brains that they can't beat us. We must crush their pitchers again. They won't beat us at the Humpdome this time.

this is war damn it :cool:

Chicken Dinner
07-28-2008, 01:05 AM
Logan AND Masset have been auwful.

Lillian
07-28-2008, 06:08 AM
Ozzie put great emphasis on the need for the Lefties to be ready versus the predominantly left handed hitting Twins. I hope that he doesn't overdo the matchups business, because Mauer actually hits Lefties better than Righties!
Morneau isn't bad vs. Lefties either. The one guy who does seem to fair poorly vs. Lefties is Kubel.
I assume that Ozzie is aware of all this, and that he won't just automatically bring in a lefty to face these guys. However, this does make me rethink our chances for this upcoming series. We have 3 lefties starting. That might not give us as big of an advantage as I had originally thought.

ondafarm
07-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Here's the breakdown, IMHO,

if we win 4 of 4, the Twins are dead
if we win 3 of 4, the Twins are gravely wounded
if we win 2 of 4, the Twins should be smarting
if we win 1 of 4, the Twins have life
if we get swept, the Sox have trouble.

oeo
07-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Here's the breakdown, IMHO,

if we win 4 of 4, the Twins are dead
if we win 3 of 4, the Twins are gravely wounded
if we win 2 of 4, the Twins should be smarting
if we win 1 of 4, the Twins have life
if we get swept, the Sox have trouble.

There are still two months of baseball left. They're not dead at 6.5 out, and we're not in trouble if we leave Minnesota 1.5 out.

Of course we'd like to distance ourselves, but this isn't a do or die series.

hellview
07-28-2008, 06:01 PM

WOW?!?!