PDA

View Full Version : Casey Blake to the Dodgers

JGarlandrules20
07-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Casey Blake has been traded to the Dodgers for prospects Jonathan Meloan and Carlos Santana. Yahoo link (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AkuDiDOPRccGqFE331jEy9oRvLYF?slug=ap-dodgers-indianstrade&prov=ap&type=lgns)

The Dodgers are trying to keep up with the Dbacks in the NL Worst. :tongue:
I'm pretty thrilled he won't be a thorn in our sides anymore.

oeo
07-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Casey Blake has been traded to the Dodgers for prospects Jonathan Meloan and Carlos Santana. Yahoo link (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AkuDiDOPRccGqFE331jEy9oRvLYF?slug=ap-dodgers-indianstrade&prov=ap&type=lgns)

http://vivirlatino.com/i/2006/07/carlos_santana_narrowweb__200x257.jpg ?

ViPeRx007
07-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Good riddance!

:bandance:

btrain929
07-26-2008, 01:00 PM
I love Sox killers heading to the NL.

JB98
07-26-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm glad to see Blake out of our division. He is a mediocre player at best, but he beat up on the Sox. It was so frustrating that we couldn't seem to get him out in key spots.

hawkjt
07-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Wish they had waited til they were done playing the twins and tigers this week.

The tigers still have 10 games left with both the royals and indians.
Royals still are feisty but the indians are cleaning house. But they are actually playing well right now which is great with the twins and tigers facing them this week.

getonbckthr
07-26-2008, 01:46 PM
This may sound crazy but Casey Blake/ prospect for Orlando Cabrera? Obviously pending on Crede's back. Then we can move Fields in a deal for Roberts?

Optipessimism
07-26-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm glad to see Blake out of our division. He is a mediocre player at best, but he beat up on the Sox. It was so frustrating that we couldn't seem to get him out in key spots.
Um, mediocre-at-best ballplayers don't hit .282/.356/.479, .270/.339/.437, and .289/.365/.465 over the last three years while killing divisional foes and providing versatility in both the IF and OF. If he was mediocre at best, like say their UT man Jamey Carroll, you probably wouldn't care that he was traded.

Sockinchisox
07-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Good riddance, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Optipessimism
07-26-2008, 01:51 PM
This may sound crazy but Casey Blake/ prospect for Orlando Cabrera? Obviously pending on Crede's back. Then we can move Fields in a deal for Roberts?
Anything like that has to be a 3-way trade done quickly and all at the same time, otherwise those ******* Orioles people would back out and leave us hanging.

getonbckthr
07-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Anything like that has to be a 3-way trade done quickly and all at the same time, otherwise those ******* Orioles people would back out and leave us hanging.
Ok I'll give it a go:
Sox get- Blake, Roberts
LAD get- Orlando Cabrera
BAL get- LAD pros, Fields, Getz or Richar, Sox pitching pros.

Optipessimism
07-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Ok I'll give it a go:
Sox get- Blake, Roberts
LAD get- Orlando Cabrera
BAL get- LAD pros, Fields, Getz or Richar, Sox pitching pros.

Considering Blake will bring Type B compensation if he can't quite make it to Type A status, we'd get a pick back. Hmm... If I was Kenny and I couldn't get a deal for a SP done I'd have to think long and hard about that one. If we weren't a playoff contender I'd say hell no, but adding that kind of speed at the top of the lineup in a playoff situation against an ace gives us a nice weapon we don't have. Interesting proposal Mr. Bckthr.

turners56
07-26-2008, 02:42 PM

I would of liked the Sox to get Blake. But I guess we'll have to stay put with Crede on the DL.

thomas35forever
07-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Honestly. I couldn't stand the guy.

Brian26
07-26-2008, 07:52 PM
I saw some talk that the Dodgers were thinking of putting Nomar back at SS and using Blake at 3b. Not sure how true that is, but it might hurt the chances of a Sox deal w/ LA involving either Uribe or Cabrera.