PDA

View Full Version : Kris Honel

Vsahajpal
05-10-2002, 12:25 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/showcase/cs-020509soxnotes.story?coll=cs%2Dhome%2Dheadlines

kermittheefrog
05-10-2002, 12:28 AM
I say we start a pool on when he'll get promoted. I'm taking June first.

DVG
05-10-2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/showcase/cs-020509soxnotes.story?coll=cs%2Dhome%2Dheadlines

So where's the article in the Sun-Times hyping him as the next
Johnson-Schilling-Ryan-Clemens-Gibson-Koufax-Drysdale-McLain-
Ford-Walsh-Grove-Mathewson-Hubbell-Newcombe-Paige-Gooden-
Jenkins-Lolich-Roberts-Gossage-Palmer-Young???

DVG
05-10-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

:moron

But how do his calves look?

RedPinStripes
05-10-2002, 01:35 AM

Promoted to AA right?

kermittheefrog
05-10-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Promoted to AA right?

Nah, promoted to high A. Right now he's in low A.

RedPinStripes
05-10-2002, 02:03 AM

As long as he's moving up fast, i'm happy. He just joined the organization last june or july right?

DrCrawdad
05-10-2002, 02:14 AM
...If the article was about a Cubune player, it would say...

...In two years when Honel joins the White Sox they will then have the best rotation in the history of baseball...

May I give my testimonial from Hoe-Hoe-Dee-Doo Park this spring?

The Promised One, Mark Prior, walked by me and I reached out and touched the fringe of his uniform. The Power of Prior healed my leprous wounds.

All hail The Promised One, High Priest Prior!

MattSharp
05-10-2002, 02:17 AM
It's so ironic you posted this. My friend and I were just talking about Honel an hour ago. He played on a traveling team with him for a while......

Randar68
05-10-2002, 11:30 AM

Honel still needs a bit of work and certainly some more experience in Kannapolis. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in High A around mid-season. I would guess around the MLB trade deadline. He is walking a few more batters per innings than he did in Rookie ball last year. Also, he is extremely thin at current. I would really like to see him come back to camp next year with 10-20 pounds extra on his frame. I hope he has the training/nutritional guidance and dedication to do so.

FarmerAndy
05-10-2002, 03:57 PM
His mom was my art teacher in high school. She was really cool. She put up with me even though I was a terrible art student. (Had to fill that senior year schedule with blow-off classes!) Great teacher and a good person.

Sorry, I know that had nothing to do with Kris, but remember that without Mrs. Honel there would be no Kris.

OEO Magglio
05-10-2002, 10:12 PM
Even though Honel is real skinny, I dont want him to bulk up, cause some pitchers that bulk up become worse, some pitchers are naturally better small, and some are naturally better big.