PDA

View Full Version : What's the coolest White Sox item you've bought on EBay/Online?

BackInBlack
05-09-2002, 11:07 PM
Well?

FanOf14
05-09-2002, 11:14 PM
That would be :

A Paul Konerko 2000 Fleer Gamers W/ Autographics White Sox that has a piece of bat that he used in a game and an autograph from ebay and as a general online purchase, my replica alternate Sox jersey with Konerko and 14 on the back.

BackInBlack
05-09-2002, 11:17 PM
Also, I'm thinking of buying a jersey. I've already got an authentic Frank Thomas gray jersey with the "Chicago" script emblem on front.

I'm thinking of grabbing another. If you guys could purchase your own jersey, which would you purchase and whose name would you sport?

I'm thinking of opening the wallet for a 1917 jersey and getting No. 45 Jordan put on the back? I need your honest opinions, is this a no-no?

Lately, I've taken a real liking to the 80's jersey with "SOX" across the front with the red, gray and blue color pattern.

BackInBlack
05-09-2002, 11:19 PM
BTW, here's the link to EBay's Sox merchandise. It's worth a look, you find some unusual stuff over there:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=%22Chicago+White+Sox%22&ht=1&itemtimedisp=1&st=2&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&BasicSearch=

Streets
05-09-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by BackInBlack

I'm thinking of opening the wallet for a 1917 jersey and getting No. 45 Jordan put on the back? I need your honest opinions, is this a no-no?

Lately, I've taken a real liking to the 80's jersey with "SOX" across the front with the red, gray and blue color pattern.

Big no-no on the Jordan. I would go nameless for the 1917 jersey. I picked up an 80s away jersey from a sports store in Michigan City, IN last fall(after months of looking for one). Took it to school with me...got a lot of compliments surprisingly. Will most likely be wearing it to numerous Sox games this year.

BackInBlack
05-09-2002, 11:54 PM
Big no-no on the Jordan. I would go nameless for the 1917 jersey. I picked up an 80s away jersey from a sports store in Michigan City, IN last fall(after months of looking for one). Took it to school with me...got a lot of compliments surprisingly. Will most likely be wearing it to numerous Sox games this year.

Damn, I'm glad I asked about Jordan. I thought it'd be cool because the greatest athlete in the history of American sport elected to play for the White Sox. Not the Yanks, Red Sox or Cubs, but the White Sox! And I don't care what the reasons are! ;-)

http://espn.go.com/classic/2000/1228/photo/s_jordansox_i.jpg

They're selling the 80's jersey on EBay for $24.99. Obviously, it's not an authenic, but that's fine by me.

Bucktown
05-10-2002, 12:09 AM
I got this All-Star program on a whim...

Bucktown
05-10-2002, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by BackInBlack
BTW, here's the link to EBay's Sox merchandise. It's worth a look, you find some unusual stuff over there:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=%22Chic ago+White+Sox%22&ht=1&itemtimedisp=1&st=2&SortProp erty=MetaEndSort&BasicSearch=

My favorite is the 1984 Comiskey Park World Series pin. Huh?

VeeckAsInWreck
05-10-2002, 02:15 AM
I would probably have to go with my VHS copy of White Sox: A visual history. It is entertaining and funny! Jean Shepherd does an awesome job on that video! Lot's of cool Sox stuff on ebay! My other favorite is a program from the '83 ALCS!

P.S. Does anyone have a copy of "Go Go Whitesox" by Capt. Stubby and The Buccaneers??????

PaleHoseGeorge
05-10-2002, 08:11 AM
Ivan Calderon's game-used bat.

CerberusWG
05-10-2002, 10:28 AM
Magglio Ordonez signed ball.

MarqSox
05-10-2002, 11:04 AM
I actually sold a game-used Kirk McCaskill jersey I bought at SoxFest for $50 and sold it on E-bay for $162! That's after getting a year's worth of use out of it. I was pleased with that transaction.

Cheryl
05-10-2002, 11:14 AM
Antique ad for a shoe company. The copy reads "If Shoeless Joe wore 'em, he'd wear _____ shoes."
And there's a picture of him.

Must be a bad ad, I don't remember the name of the company, and the ad is hanging in my living room.

Fisk72
05-10-2002, 11:59 AM
I got two ticket stubs from the '59 Series (Games 1 and 2). I thought that was pretty cool. Last summer, I saw this huge model of Old Comiskey. It was ridiculous! The detail was in credible. If I had a couple of thousand bucks to throw around, I think I would have popped for it just for the hell of it. In regards to you guys talking about jerseys, I've been trying forever to get a replica (not authentic) 1959 jersey. All I've seen are authentic ones for around $200. Anywhere I can find one of these? I tried a bunch of stores you guys suggested way back when, but I had no luck. Not sure if the stadium would sell it out of the "hall of fame gift shop" or not though

pearso66
05-10-2002, 12:30 PM
the best sox thing I've bought off of ebay was a JB autographed photo, and 7 big frank cards, my mom bought me an autographed frank thomas and micheal jordan picture on EBay, so that would be the best sox thing I've gotten off of ebay, and the best thing i bought would be an autographed walter payton photo

dougs78
05-10-2002, 01:00 PM
An autographed Paul Konerko hat. Its proudly displayed on my wall.

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-10-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Streets

what store in MC were you at. i live there and would like to know what place you are talking about.

Foulke You
05-11-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Antique ad for a shoe company. The copy reads "If Shoeless Joe wore 'em, he'd wear _____ shoes."
And there's a picture of him.

Must be a bad ad, I don't remember the name of the company, and the ad is hanging in my living room.

"When he wears 'em Shoeless Joe Jackson wears 'Selz' Shoes"

I have that antique ad too. It's hanging in my kitchen.

My favorite ebay Sox item would have to be a panaramic shot of Comiskey Park during the 2nd game of the very 1st interleague series between the Sox and the Cubs. It's just a great shot of beautiful Comiskey.