PDA

View Full Version : Box score/game info of suspended BAL game?

downstairs
07-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Does anyone have a link to the boxscore (or something like Gamecast, GameTrax, whatever) to the suspended BAL game that is still technically unfinished?

I wanted to see exactly where they were, who was in the game, all that good stuff.

Unfortunately the various scheduled online just show the thing as "SUSPENDED" with no links.

SquirrelNutz
07-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Here you go ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore?gid=280428104

DSpivack
07-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Can't wait to go this game. I'm assuming Sox will have road uniforms for the continuation of their 'home' game. I'm hoping for a walkoff win at Camden Yards. :cool:

Marqhead
07-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Can't wait to go this game. I'm assuming Sox will have road uniforms for the continuation of their 'home' game. I'm hoping for a walkoff win at Camden Yards. :cool:
I'm moving to Maryland in 2 weeks and I think I might be able to catch this game. Would be great to see 2 wins in one day! :D:

RTI_SoxFan
07-24-2008, 02:53 PM
According to the link, TCQ leads off the bottom of the 12th.

How sweet would a lead-off walk off homer be?

Jaffar
07-24-2008, 02:57 PM

How about a lead off triple so he hits for the cycle and then a walk off sac fly? :redneck

downstairs
07-24-2008, 03:10 PM

First of all, thanks for the link up a few comments.

Now- I wonder if this would be the first walkoff home-run for a team that is technically playing in an away field? That would be nifty.

chaotic8512
07-24-2008, 04:06 PM

At the bottom of the page:

COPYRIGHTED TEXT

Both teams have pitched 11 innings, according to the box score, so they're actually up to bat. No big deal, we'll just put in Thornton in to shut down Millar/Huff/Scott before Quentin tees off on the first pitch. I wonder if they'll leave Sherill in.

Sox Supporter
07-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Just saw the box score. This was prior to Ozzie moving TCQ to 3rd in the order. If he continues this pace, we might be telling youngsters, "there was a brief time when TCQ first played for the Sox, when he was not entrenched in the 3 spot in the order".

thedudeabides
07-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Alexei was only hitting .121 at the time. :o:

He has been amazing since getting regular playing time.

UofCSoxFan
07-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Some interesting stuff...the Orioles have used 18 players. I'm assuming that they will leave Sherril in or have the game 2 starter start. Who knows. It looks like Huff was ejected....which I don't remember but that's another guy they'll have to replace if that's the case. Finally, we have a bit of a quandry if Crede can't play that game, since both him and Uribe are in right now.

DeadMoney
07-24-2008, 11:51 PM
This game's box score has the possibility of being one of the strangest in baseball history. For example:

- Quentin could hit for the cycle (spanning over 4 months).
- Quentin could also hit his 6th and [let's say] 32nd HR's in the same game.
- Potentially (if traded to the Sox), Roberts or Sherrill could play for two teams in one game.
+ Roberts could get a hit for two teams in one game.
+ Sherrill could get two BS's in one game. (He could actually still get the Win and Loss, but that's beyond unlikely)

And here are a few very reasonable ones (although the 2nd Quentin one could be down here too):
- The Orioles could end up using more than 25 players in the game if it goes a few more innings (and a few injuries or trades occur).
- Ramirez did start the game with the lowest average in the starting line-up (at .133) and should end the game with one of the highest (if not THE highest) averages on the team after going 0 for 3.

I'm sure there are a lot more weird possibilities, and I'm also not sure if some of these should be deep pink, teal or both ... but, you get the idea.

Hokiesox
07-25-2008, 08:37 AM
I remember watching this crazy game. I'm so happy I'll get to see the end of it live! Awesome :bandance::bandance:

SoxGirl4Life
07-25-2008, 09:04 AM
Good Lord... 38 degrees and raining.

UofCSoxFan
07-25-2008, 09:43 AM
This game's box score has the possibility of being one of the strangest in baseball history. For example:

- Potentially (if traded to the Sox), Roberts or Sherrill could play for two teams in one game.
+ Sherrill could get two BS's in one game. (He could actually still get the Win and Loss, but that's beyond unlikely)

And here are a few very reasonable ones (although the 2nd Quentin one could be down here too):
- The Orioles could end up using more than 25 players in the game if it goes a few more innings (and a few injuries or trades occur).
- Ramirez did start the game with the lowest average in the starting line-up (at .133) and should end the game with one of the highest (if not THE highest) averages on the team after going 0 for 3.

I'm sure there are a lot more weird possibilities, and I'm also not sure if some of these should be deep pink, teal or both ... but, you get the idea.

Never thought about the win and the loss thing...but you're right. If he got traded to the Sox, gave up a run in the 12th and took the loss for the Sox, he would be the Orioles winning pitcher and the Sox losing pitcher.

roylestillman
07-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Good Lord... 38 degrees and raining.

...and then some. One of the most miserable games I've sat though, including the nearly 3 hour rain delay to start. I'm off to Baltimore to see the end of it, where it will probably be 97 degrees.

FielderJones
07-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Both teams have pitched 11 innings, according to the box score, so they're actually up to bat. No big deal, we'll just put in Thornton in to shut down Millar/Huff/Scott before Quentin tees off on the first pitch. I wonder if they'll leave Sherill in.

Why wouldn't we let a rested Scott Linebrink continue? If he wasn't used the day before, I see no reason to blow through another pitcher just in case this game continues for more than one inning. Yeah, I'd love to see TCQ end it with one swing too, but that's not guaranteed.

Here's another box score (http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/boxscore/MLB_20080428_BAL@CHW).

downstairs
07-25-2008, 10:39 AM

This stuff facinates me too, however very technically- you do have some things wrong.

Technically the stats in the 12th will count for the day the game *started*.

Therefore, for example: if TCQ hits a homerun, it will be his 7th of the year, not his 30th or whatever.

DSpivack
07-25-2008, 10:44 AM
This stuff facinates me too, however very technically- you do have some things wrong.

Therefore, for example: if TCQ hits a homerun, it will be his 7th of the year, not his 30th or whatever.

If so, that's even weirder. That would mean that his 2 homers wednesday were not his 25th and 26th on the year, but his 26th and 27th.

FielderJones
07-25-2008, 11:21 AM

If so, that's even weirder. That would mean that his 2 homers wednesday were not his 25th and 26th on the year, but his 26th and 27th.

Are you guys sure about that? Rule 4.12 (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/downloads/y2008/official_rules/04_starting_ending_game.pdf) and rule 10.23 (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/downloads/y2008/official_rules/10_the_official_scorer.pdf) don't really address that issue. I think it's crazy that MLB would go back to all the game stats and update the sequence of home runs.

mrfourni
07-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Are you guys sure about that? Rule 4.12 (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/downloads/y2008/official_rules/04_starting_ending_game.pdf) and rule 10.23 (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/downloads/y2008/official_rules/10_the_official_scorer.pdf) don't really address that issue. I think it's crazy that MLB would go back to all the game stats and update the sequence of home runs.

I;m pretty sure they're right. This situation happened to the Yankees last year and the makeup game was after A-Rod hit his 500th. People wondered if he hit another home-run when the game resumed, which home-run ball would actually count as #500

The Immigrant
07-25-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm off to Baltimore to see the end of it, where it will probably be 97 degrees.

How do we get tickets for the suspended game? Do you automatically get admission with tickets for the regularly scheduled game?

I'll be in DC on business and would love to make the trip to Camden Yards.

DSpivack
07-25-2008, 12:15 PM
How do we get tickets for the suspended game? Do you automatically get admission with tickets for the regularly scheduled game?

I'll be in DC on business and would love to make the trip to Camden Yards.

It'll be included as part of that night's game. Continuation game is 6:05, regularly scheduled game is 7:05, obviously the latter is tentative.

I was just inferring that from what downstairs said.