PDA

View Full Version : Corpseball

Chisox_cali
05-09-2002, 08:53 PM
God I hope the big "O" wakes up for the weekend because the Twins have to play the Yanks and we could gain some ground...and most importantly I will be there for all 3 games! And I don't want to start taking out some ralley monkey ass!!!

KruseControl04
05-09-2002, 08:58 PM
You know our offense can't stay asleep for too long. Unless they go by the name of Royce Clayton.

GASHWOUND
05-09-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
God I hope the big "O" wakes up for the weekend because the Twins have to play the Yanks and we could gain some ground...and most importantly I will be there for all 3 games! And I don't want to start taking out some ralley monkey ass!!!

We are a little spoiled about the Sox 'O' and when we don't look that good at the plate for a game here and there we ask ourselves, "what's wrong!!!!"
We can't score 5 or 6 runs everyg game, and good pitching will also stop good hitting. And the Sox hardly ever do that god when we have to face a pitcher we never seen.
I wish we could've faced Woodard instead..hell, I would've rather faces Valdes, even though he has pitched well against us..at least we've seen him.
Oh, well

voodoochile
05-09-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

We are a little spoiled about the Sox 'O' and when we don't look that good at the plate for a game here and there we ask ourselves, "what's wrong!!!!"
We can't score 5 or 6 runs everyg game, and good pitching will also stop good hitting. And the Sox hardly ever do that god when we have to face a pitcher we never seen.
I wish we could've faced Woodard instead..hell, I would've rather faces Valdes, even though he has pitched well against us..at least we've seen him.
Oh, well

Yeah Sox tend to struggle against guys they haven't seen. What was sad about today is the only pitch Benoit was throwing for strikes was his fastball. Still, this was just one of those days when things didn't go our way...

Why did Wally send Konehead when the ball was already in ARod's mitt when Paulie was just rounding third - he even stumbled approching the bag and Wallie still sent him - bad call. If Konerko stops at third, MJ's single scores two and there is a runner at first with one out.

Then there was the inning where Kenny leads off with a single, and Ray smacks one right up the middle on a line, but it one hops into ARods mitt and the Rangers easily turn the DP. Frank then walked, so the bases would have been loaded with nobody out and Maggs coming up. He promptly doubles and Frank stops at third. Then Konerko hits one right on the button, but right at the leftfielder... That was a 5 run inning that generated nada because of just plain bad luck...

What are you going to do? Not our day, we'll get the Angels tomorrow and come back to beat the Rangers next week at Comiskey...