PDA

View Full Version : CQ's Flippin' Bat

fugazis
07-24-2008, 11:27 AM
Anyone else love the bat flip Q does after putting the ball in play?

slavko
07-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Most of the time it goes to the 1B side, occasionally 3B. Is there a hidden meaning in this? He handles it like it is a tiny little bat. Which it is relatively speaking.

The Critic
07-24-2008, 11:32 AM
I love it even more than I loved Iguchi's "front flip" he would sometimes do (and that I see Fukudome do sometimes as well).
When he gives the flip some good speed it's a beautiful thing. Yesterday's game-winning HR was a nice example of the "determined bat flip".

skottyj242
07-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Speaking of bat flips did anyone see Aramis Ramirez do the bat flip agains Arizona on Tuesday? The guy was in an 0-20 slump does a batflip to a ball hit to the warning track. Awesome.

KenBerryGrab
07-24-2008, 11:42 AM
If Carlos keeps this up, they'll start hitting him with pitches.

turners56
07-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Anyone else love the bat flip Q does after putting the ball in play?

It's completely BA. The guy looks like he wants to just beat somebody up everytime he's out there.

SquirrelNutz
07-24-2008, 12:20 PM
If Carlos keeps this up, they'll start hitting him with pitches.

... 14 and counting ...

fugazis
07-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Anyone know if MLB has a rule against throwing the bat like that? Can he be called out if he hits the batboy?

hawkjt
07-24-2008, 12:43 PM
It is like he is a coiled spring or a wind-up linebacker out there and when he flips it like yesterday....a well struck ball is a certainty.

I love everything about this guy...talent,attitude,intelligence,humility.

Frontman
07-24-2008, 12:46 PM
I don't think its dramatic like some others I've seen. He could be standing in the box, looking like a moron like another left fielder:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/patsgofor4/Basegirl/manny-1.jpg

lukeman89
07-24-2008, 12:56 PM
I don't think its dramatic like some others I've seen. He could be standing in the box, looking like a moron like another left fielder:

that looks pretty sweet to me

RockyMtnSoxFan
07-24-2008, 01:01 PM

As if I needed more of a reason, this sealed my absolute hatred for Manny. He is such an arrogant bastard.

BadBobbyJenks
07-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Was that Manny's 500th homerun though?

turners56
07-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Was that Manny's 500th homerun though?

I think that was in the post season.

btrain929
07-24-2008, 02:49 PM
I love it even more than I loved Iguchi's "front flip" he would sometimes do (and that I see Fukudome do sometimes as well).
When he gives the flip some good speed it's a beautiful thing. Yesterday's game-winning HR was a nice example of the "determined bat flip".

After he flips/tosses the bat, he always is running hard and is watching where the ball goes. I'm afraid that he will toss it up the 1B line instead of towards the 1B dugout, and the bat will roll into the base path and he'll trip over it. It's been close to happening a few times already this year.

As long as that doesn't happen, the forceful bat toss is a thing of beauty.

ChiSoxFan7
07-24-2008, 04:55 PM
i was just commenting about how it looks like he throws that thing with enough force to get the batters box. it looks really really cool.

one thing i had a quesiton about is when Toby Hall hit him with shaving cream did it look like he was very very pissed. I only saw a small bit on the comcast sportsnite opening. but he looked angry..and you won't like TCQ when he's angry:angry:....:redneck

twentywontowin
07-24-2008, 05:01 PM
The best bat flip ever:

David Ortiz in the World Baseball Classic against Cubs. He CRUSHES a ball, flips the bat high in the air, turns, and stares down the catcher from Cuba.

Frontman
07-24-2008, 05:11 PM
I think that was in the post season.

It was. It made national news that it wasn't that convincing of a home run to begin with; that if the wind caught it it could of come down in play.

Thank God Quentin is playing as great as he is; as there would be talk that the Sox should go get him from Boston.

Frontman
07-24-2008, 05:12 PM
i was just commenting about how it looks like he throws that thing with enough force to get the batters box. it looks really really cool.

one thing i had a quesiton about is when Toby Hall hit him with shaving cream did it look like he was very very pissed. I only saw a small bit on the comcast sportsnite opening. but he looked angry..and you won't like TCQ when he's angry:angry:....:redneck

He did have the uni-brow thing going after the shave cream. I don't think he was as mad at getting creamed as much as letting his guard down. Early in the interview, that head of his was on a swivel, and he started to relax. That's when Swish got him.

turners56
07-24-2008, 05:23 PM
The best bat flip ever:

David Ortiz in the World Baseball Classic against Cubs. He CRUSHES a ball, flips the bat high in the air, turns, and stares down the catcher from Cuba.

Papi's probably on Fidel Castro's "to be dealt with" list.

angiew
07-24-2008, 05:30 PM
I've definitely noticed the way he throws the bat. I told my husband I'm scared to death he's going to kill someone with that flying missile!:redneck

The Critic
07-24-2008, 06:49 PM
The best bat flip ever:

:hawk
"......no."

The best bat flip of all time was AJ when he hit the game-winner against the Dodgers in 05.

Nellie_Fox
07-25-2008, 02:33 AM
That's not a bat flip. It's a bat throw, the kind we'd get chewed out for when I was a little kid.

drewcifer
07-25-2008, 02:36 AM
Speaking of bat flips did anyone see Aramis Ramirez do the bat flip agains Arizona on Tuesday? The guy was in an 0-20 slump does a batflip to a ball hit to the warning track. Awesome.

No.

Awesome flip...post, I mean.

BRDSR
07-25-2008, 08:48 AM
that looks pretty sweet to me

LOL...I agree. It was a pretty arrogant thing for Manny to do, and I certainly don't like him for doing it...but that is a kickass picture if you ask me.

Besides, you can't mock other people's antics at the plate in the same thread you're praising a Sox player's.

fugazis
07-25-2008, 09:01 AM
I think he throws the bat on every ball he puts in play, NOT just to emphasize a homer. It's almost part of his "routine"

HangWiffum
07-27-2008, 01:39 AM
Today's flip was emphasized pretty distinctly. I would think it was TCQ's response to Sheffields super slow trot around the bases.

SBSoxFan
07-27-2008, 08:21 AM
That's not a bat flip. It's a bat throw, the kind we'd get chewed out for when I was a little kid.

Yep, you're right. We couldn't even through the bat back towards the dugout after a walk.

hawkjt
07-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Today's flip was emphasized pretty distinctly. I would think it was TCQ's response to Sheffields super slow trot around the bases.

Yes, it seemed a little more ''we are here,deal with us'' type flip tonite.
He had to feel like King Kong on that homer...simply an awesome sight.
He is like Urlacher in baseball cleats.

Chrisaway
07-27-2008, 12:36 PM
The man looks like goliath chucking a toothpick when he gets a hold of one. This may very well be our next Frank Thomas.

WhiteSoxJunkie
07-27-2008, 11:37 PM
The best bat flip of all time was AJ when he hit the game-winner against the Dodgers in 05.

:walkoff:

Agreed.

whitesox901
07-27-2008, 11:42 PM
:walkoff:

Agreed.

:bandance: