PDA

View Full Version : C.C. Throwing a very good game through 5

BadBobbyJenks
07-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Now that he has left the division I am not going to jinx him. Walked the first man of the game and has retired 15 in a row.

CHISOXFAN13
07-23-2008, 09:47 PM
I ove the free preview so I can watch this.

Hope they can get some insurance runs in the sixth...

Adele_H
07-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Brewers made the right decision to go after him (and Durham). Cubs were a superior team but now it's going to be a race.

Now if only Cardinals ownership would realize that they can either wait for the possible but unlikely scenario of both Carpenter and Wainright coming back without skipping a beat....and continue to hemmorage losses, especially at Home... or they can listen to La Russa who is practically begging for at least one impact player, in the process making it reeeeaaal pressure-cooker of a situation for the Goatcursers on the northside.

BadBobbyJenks
07-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Brewers made the right decision to go after him (and Durham). Cubs were a superior team but now it's going to be a race.

Now if only Cardinals ownership would realize that they can either wait for the possible but unlikely scenario of both Carpenter and Wainright coming back without skipping a beat....and continue to hemmorage losses, especially at Home... or they can listen to La Russa who is practically begging for at least one impact player, in the process making it reeeeaaal pressure-cooker of a situation for the Goatcursers on the northside.

Yeah I don't know how they have been keeping pace because their staff is full of make shift parts. Duncan is a miracle worker. The lineup looks awful on paper, but Ludwick came out of no where and Ankiel stopped using checks to pay for his HGH.

Problem is though besides Colby Rasmus, their future centerfielder, what do they have to trade?

September is going to be a hell of a month, the Cubs have to play Philly in a 4 game set to close out August then Milwaukee 6 times including the last 3 at Miller Park.

There goes the no no on an 0-2 pitch.

07-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Nice work.

EuroSox35
07-23-2008, 10:03 PM
I'd love to pitch in the NL. I am kind of surprised Johan hasn't dominated more, then again, I think we actually got to him at the end of last year (though I don't think his run support is that great)

BadBobbyJenks
07-23-2008, 10:05 PM
I love watching mathups like that, Sabathia Puljos two men on two outs. CC gets him to fly out.

champagne030
07-23-2008, 10:10 PM
I love watching mathups like that, Sabathia Puljos two men on two outs. CC gets him to fly out.

It was a perfect pitch. AP got himself into a hole and had to swing at that 0-2 pitch a couple of inches outside and just under the knee. 3-1, he might have juiced it to right looking that way........

BadBobbyJenks
07-23-2008, 11:09 PM
First brewer to throw three complete games since the great Cal Eldred. I would say the Brewers have already won the CC trade.

gobears1987
07-24-2008, 12:02 AM
I'd love to pitch in the NL. I am kind of surprised Johan hasn't dominated more, then again, I think we actually got to him at the end of last year (though I don't think his run support is that great)
His run support has been bad, but the pen has been even worse to him. Santana is in the same situation this year that Danks has been in.

whitesox901
07-24-2008, 12:37 AM
three strait complete games for C.C.

TDog
07-24-2008, 01:32 AM

I don't think it was clear the Cubs were the superior team. There were Cubs players who had great first halves that I don't expect to be able to produce up to the same level in the second half. The league has adjusted to Fukudome, and he hasn't adjusted in response. Soto will be worn by from catching so many games. The bullpen will be worn from overuse.

That isn't to say the Brewers were clearly the superior team without Sabathia. They had better hitters but issues with the bullpen. But now I think the Brewers are clearly the superior team. Sabathia has pitched three complete games after going six in his first start, not only winning but saving the bullpen. Sabathia got off to a rough start this season. By moving to a separate league, he had an opportunity to start fresh in his contract drive.

I didn't expect Sabathia to be this good. But it isn't stats that win games. It is pitching complete-game wins that will probably win the division for the Brewers. That alone will improve the Brewers bullpen.

palehozenychicty
07-24-2008, 09:38 AM
First brewer to throw three complete games since the great Cal Eldred. I would say the Brewers have already won the CC trade.

Indeed. And the last two months of the season are still awaiting.

kraut83
07-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Is Yovani Gallardo done for the year, or is there a chance he will come back at some point?

The Brewers have a good chance now, but would blow through the NL with a CC/Sheets/Gallardo rotation.

BadBobbyJenks
07-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Is Yovani Gallardo done for the year, or is there a chance he will come back at some point?

The Brewers have a good chance now, but would blow through the NL with a CC/Sheets/Gallardo rotation.

I think he is done.

But wow if they had Gallardo and Parra at the 4 who has won 8 straight? Yikes

ComiskeyBrewer
07-24-2008, 04:20 PM

They are saying a september return wouldn't be out of the question. He has already started throwing from 45 ft well before the all star break.

Adele_H
07-31-2008, 06:55 PM
I don't think it was clear the Cubs were the superior team. There were Cubs players who had great first halves that I don't expect to be able to produce up to the same level in the second half. The league has adjusted to Fukudome, and he hasn't adjusted in response. Soto will be worn by from catching so many games. The bullpen will be worn from overuse.

That isn't to say the Brewers were clearly the superior team without Sabathia. They had better hitters but issues with the bullpen. But now I think the Brewers are clearly the superior team. Sabathia has pitched three complete games after going six in his first start, not only winning but saving the bullpen. Sabathia got off to a rough start this season. By moving to a separate league, he had an opportunity to start fresh in his contract drive.

I didn't expect Sabathia to be this good. But it isn't stats that win games. It is pitching complete-game wins that will probably win the division for the Brewers. That alone will improve the Brewers bullpen.

I hoped you were right, TDog, but as this past home series shellacking further proved... unless Gallardo comes back healthy ahead of schedule, or Zambrano, Harden go back on the DL... it would be difficult for Bew-Crew to knock the Bartmaneers off the perch atop NLC.

Truth of the matter is, even when 8 games behind in the standings, Cubs were still the best team in NLC in 2007. Cubs were clearly the class of their division going into 2008. Harden/Gauden acquisition was brilliant in the way it stopped the bleeding during the time when other Cubs teams in the past may have come unglued.

Likewise, St.Loius instead of thanking their lucky stars that they had unexpected production from Schumaker, Ludwig, Ankiel and Miles, and also that Pujols didn't sustain a complete tear, all of which allowed them to be..... they arrogantly sat back and did nothing blindly believing that Mulder will ever be Mulder of old. Now they need miraclous comeback by both Carpenter & Wainright and somehow get an impact bullpen arm off the waivers in August. Idiots.