PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic Bartman Story on Yahoo

Madvora
07-23-2008, 06:53 PM
This is on Yahoo's front page.

Bartman offered $25K to show up at the Donald E Stevens Convention Center and sign one autograph.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Cubs-fan-Steve-Bartman-offered-25K-for-just-one?urn=mlb,95542

Martinigirl
07-23-2008, 07:03 PM
I just read this. They need to get over it. The man didn't cause the Cubs to lose that series. And he hasn't cause all the other losses in that franchise's history, and neither did a goat.

Soxman219
07-23-2008, 07:18 PM
If I were Steve Bartman, I'd do it in a heartbeat!

rustysurf83
07-23-2008, 07:57 PM
So would I and I would flip everyone off while waving the check on my way out.

dickallen15
07-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Bartman should eat this up. He then should turn his back on the Cubs and move to Bridgeport where he will be loved and cherished.

champagne030
07-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Why wouldn't he do it? My first quote to the media would be that piss hands never would have caught the ball and it's not his fault the SS let a ball go between his legs and a pitcher **** himself with a couple of people on base. :scratch:

grv1974
07-23-2008, 09:18 PM
I'd tell 'em I wanted more than 25K.

Konerko05
07-23-2008, 09:26 PM
In my Sports Law class last year we had a big time sports lawyer talk to the class. Bartman was touched upon and he said the man has had huge money offers to do events/commercials/advertisements since the moment it happened and the guy has turned everyone of them down.

Bartman just really wants to put all of that behind him. He is a huge baseball fan and he feels worse about what happened than anyone. I feel bad for the guy. I'd probably just take the money though.

simbro
07-24-2008, 08:31 AM
i play in a softball league with Bartman. i should get his autograph and sell it for the 25k myself

mark2olson
07-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Bartman just really wants to put all of that behind him. He is a huge baseball fan and he feels worse about what happened than anyone. I feel bad for the guy. I'd probably just take the money though.

He should, if he hasn't already, put it behind him. People should just leave him alone; this was a story several years ago; I guess it's not surprising that it keeps coming up.

VenturaFan23
07-24-2008, 09:22 AM
He should, if he hasn't already, put it behind him. People should just leave him alone; this was a story several years ago; I guess it's not surprising that it keeps coming up.

Unfortunately, it will never go away. It's the Cubs and they'll always find an excuse for all their choke jobs.

twentywontowin
07-24-2008, 10:32 AM
What I just heard on Q101 was hilarious. They said he should show up in a White Sox jersey, two middle fingers in the air, sign the picture, grab the cash, and run.

Soxman219
07-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Scrub fans ruined his life for nothing. Five other people were going for that ball as well. I want Bartman to take that 25K wearing a Sox or Cards hat and give the bird to those Cub fans with a smile on his face.

kevingrt
07-24-2008, 10:40 AM
In other news Steve Bartman golfs at the course I work with often. Very nice guy.

spiffie
07-24-2008, 10:48 AM
i play in a softball league with Bartman. i should get his autograph and sell it for the 25k myself
I always figured that he had become a hermit, sitting at home watching the clip of Game 6 over and over again while cackling wildly.

mark2olson
07-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Unfortunately, it will never go away. It's the Cubs and they'll always find an excuse for all their choke jobs.

Your right, of course. They should let it go and move on. I believe that will happen when I win the lottery.

soxinem1
07-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Funny how cub fans say we should 'get over' our 2005 World Series, and to 'get out of the past'........

But this guy, who did nothing wrong, still gets hounded for something that happened a half-decade ago.

Double standard rules again....

lukeman89
07-24-2008, 01:03 PM
if i were him, id say i'd only do it for 50k cash and tickets to every playoff game the cubs make

russ99
07-24-2008, 02:21 PM
I'm not surprised in the least he turned this down.

First off, the money wouldn't go to him, but to a charity. Secondly, why would he allow some memorabilia dealer to cash in on his "notoriety" like that? Why give the idiots the satisfaction?

And who would give up hard-earned cash for something that dumb anyway? Would someone buy it then blow up the ball and serve it with spaghetti again? :tongue:

I just hope everyone leaves the poor guy alone, he's suffered enough.

TommyJohn
07-24-2008, 03:46 PM
The guy who made the offer said he is a White Sox fan, and that his conscience doesn't bother him about it one bit. So basically it is one of us that isn't letting it go.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cubs/1072465,CST-NWS-bart24.article

whitesox901
07-24-2008, 04:00 PM

I know right, even though he didnt do anything wrong, Moises Alou even said (I think spring training this year) that he "wouldnt of been able to catch the ball",

Iwritecode
07-24-2008, 04:13 PM
I know right, even though he didnt do anything wrong, Moises Alou even said (I think spring training this year) that he "wouldnt of been able to catch the ball",

Yes he did. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3324343)

Then, a month later, he changed his mind. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3423732)

RadioheadRocks
07-25-2008, 04:08 AM

Next time a sCrUB fan tells you to "quit living in the past", you know what to do... :D:

whitesox901
07-25-2008, 04:17 AM
Yes he did. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3324343)

Then, a month later, he changed his mind. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3423732)

I think the Cubs paid him to change his mind :D:

Hitmen77
07-25-2008, 08:55 AM
That story is pathetic.

I can't imagine what it's like for Bartman. He didn't do anything the other fans around him weren't doing - reaching for the ball. Fate had it that the ball happened to land right by him. Now everyone knows his name and the Cubs hype machine will never let it go. What does he do at this point? Change his name? Move to another city?

If he were a fan of almost any other team (expect maybe the Red Sox) and he did this, the fallout from this would have been over long ago.

spiffie
07-25-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm not surprised in the least he turned this down.

First off, the money wouldn't go to him, but to a charity. Secondly, why would he allow some memorabilia dealer to cash in on his "notoriety" like that? Why give the idiots the satisfaction?

And who would give up hard-earned cash for something that dumb anyway? Would someone buy it then blow up the ball and serve it with spaghetti again? :tongue:

You have it quite backwards. The offer was $25,000 to Bartman. The autographed photo would then be auctioned with the proceeds going to charity.

Martinigirl
07-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Can you even imagine the security that would be needed for they guy? You know some jack ass would try to spit on him or punch him, just to be on TV.

Bartman should be left alone. He has not pimped himself out, tried to make a profit on this bizarre obsession with him. He has tried to get on with his life, it is just too bad some Cub fans (and the media) won't let him.

Dan Mega
07-25-2008, 01:25 PM
The only people who harass him about this and won't let it go is the idiotic media and a few select attention whores. **** them.

soxpride724
07-25-2008, 05:55 PM
If I were Steve Bartman, I'd do it in a heartbeat!

That's what all the guys at work were saying too, myself included.

He must be financialy set to pass up on $25,000 for five minutes worth of work. Either that or he is still kissing the ass of all the Cub fans who still hate him by refusing to profit on the incident.

TommyJohn
07-25-2008, 07:06 PM
The only people who harass him about this and won't let it go is the idiotic media and a few select attention whores. **** them.

:moron

Who, me?

Boondock Saint
07-25-2008, 10:48 PM
That's what all the guys at work were saying too, myself included.

He must be financialy set to pass up on $25,000 for five minutes worth of work. Either that or he is still kissing the ass of all the Cub fans who still hate him by refusing to profit on the incident.

That's what my money's on. Either that, or he's still scared that he'll be attacked on site by any number of drunken morons.

house215
07-26-2008, 01:46 AM
Bartman is from my hometown of Northbrook. My sister recently saw him at the St. Norbert Block Party and he told her he is working on a book right now...

Railsplitter
07-26-2008, 08:07 AM
He's still scared that he'll be attacked on site by any number of drunken morons.

I can buy that. Since Cubs fans are inolved, h could be afraid being beaten by morons period.

Medford Bobby
07-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Bartman should eat this up. He then should turn his back on the Cubs and move to Bridgeport where he will be loved and cherished.
And then open up a hot dog stand somewhere on Halsted, and do some morning sports talk and....aw, never mind......

cws05champ
07-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Check out the picture next to fan interference on the site for the Palm Beach Cardinals(High A) stadium:

http://rogerdeanstadium.com//stadium/a_z/

ChiSoxGirl
07-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Check out the picture next to fan interference on the site for the Palm Beach Cardinals(High A) stadium:

:lol:

A good friend of mine works for this organization and maintains the Roger Dean Stadium website, along with the Palm Beach Cardinals' site. I'm surprised he didn't show me that picture while I was sitting in the Press Box with him at the ballpark and he was updating the website last week. He knows how much of a Sox fan I am, and he's also an avid Cub hater, so I wouldn't be surprised if that picture was his choice. :wink:

whitesox901
07-26-2008, 04:23 PM

:kneeslap: