PDA

View Full Version : Crede scratched Wednesday due to back stiffness

PatK
07-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Per the Sox website

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080722&content_id=3174516&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Looks like he's been a little sore. Anyone else a little nervous?

I wonder if he's been hurting a while, and if it could be behind his slumping lately.

turners56
07-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Per the Sox website

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080722&content_id=3174516&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Looks like he's been a little sore. Anyone else a little nervous?

I wonder if he's been hurting a while, and if it could be behind his slumping lately.

He's been bad for the last month or so.

DickAllen72
07-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Uribe will be fine at third. This is why they kept him--and I'm glad they did.

drewcifer
07-23-2008, 10:26 AM

No question, that canon of his came in handy a few times last night. Nice double didn't hurt either.

Law11
07-23-2008, 10:38 AM
You have to think he's tried to make an adjustment for his back this year at times hence the awful fielding percentage this year.

It just stands to reason that any back surgery is going to eventually have some adverse effects when you put constant strain on it.

SquirrelNutz
07-23-2008, 10:42 AM
"Bam Bam" Uribe filled in nicely last night ... but over the long haul we really need a healthy Crede.

Chez
07-23-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm "a little nervous." But not about Crede's back.

Adele_H
07-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Uribe will be fine at third. This is why they kept him

Zctly.

One of these days/years Uribe will go back to the Hriniak Legkick as timing mechanism, and will actually become a decent hitter. Hope springeth eternal & forever :bandance:

twentywontowin
07-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Long as he doesn't end up like Eric Daze, we're okay.

Foulke You
07-23-2008, 11:25 AM
The Sox were wise to table contract discussions with Crede until the end of the season. It remains to be seen if Joe's back is going to hold up for the long haul.

LITTLE NELL
07-23-2008, 11:47 AM
2 things, we did the right thing keeping Uribe and sending Pablo on his way. It was all about insurance.
2nd thing, stop all this talk about trading Josh Fields, we just cant rely on Crede's back to give him a big long term contract.

whitesox901
07-23-2008, 12:00 PM
I still think Fields will be the starting 3B in '09

btrain929
07-23-2008, 12:07 PM

No doubt that his benching and his part time role has humbled him. When he hit one of his doubles yesterday, they showed him and he put his head right down and started trucking it to 2nd. That's not the Juan Uribe any of us know. He's clapping his hands after hits and after he scores.

He might be able to start at SS for a few teams, but I really like him in a reserve role. It'll just depend if he's willing to do a 2 year contract for 3 million total after this year is over or an extension mid-year.

My guess is he wouldn't take that type of contract, but it'd be nice if he did to have that type of INF defense and occasional pop off the bench for a cheap price.

UofCSoxFan
07-23-2008, 12:37 PM
I don't know how you can't be concerned about this given Joe's injury history. Uribe is OK for a few games, but if we have to go a month or so with him, that is worrisome to say the least.

Whether Joe's inability to hit lefties and field certain ground balls are a byproduct of back problems or separate issues altogether, I am growing more and more resistant to given him a huge contract at the end of this year.

TDog
07-23-2008, 01:02 PM
2 things, we did the right thing keeping Uribe and sending Pablo on his way. It was all about insurance.
2nd thing, stop all this talk about trading Josh Fields, we just cant rely on Crede's back to give him a big long term contract.

How about trading Josh Fields for a decent thirdbaseman. I don't think the White Sox will win with Josh Fields in the linelup.

You have to wonder if Joe Crede will get the big payday he and his agent seek if back problems are such an issue.

Cangelosi CF
07-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Long as he doesn't end up like Eric Daze, we're okay.
get well soon Joe!