PDA

View Full Version : Death, taxes and "guess the attendance"

Chez
07-23-2008, 11:13 AM
There are few certainties in life. One of them is that the correct answer to the "guess the attendance" game at the Cell is ALWAYS the higher number of the final two choices. Always has been since the park opened. ALWAYS. Until last night. Last night it was the lower number. Is this a sign of the apocalypse?

beasly213
07-23-2008, 11:15 AM
There have been times when it wasn't the highest number. Not this year though. This is the first I've heard of it not being the highest number this year.

skottyj242
07-23-2008, 11:28 AM
I noticed that as well. Something is fishy around here.

SquirrelNutz
07-23-2008, 11:38 AM
... and on a night when cheese pizza won the Connie's race! That's just not right. :rolleyes:

skottyj242
07-23-2008, 11:38 AM
... and on a night when cheese pizza won the Connie's race! That's just not right. :rolleyes:

Cheese sucks. It won yetsterday and Sunday. I can't remember Monday.

Chez
07-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Cheese sucks. It won yetsterday and Sunday. I can't remember Monday.

Cheese takes HGH (or maybe it's PGH). I read it in Canseco's book.

hi im skot
07-23-2008, 12:21 PM
It hasn't always been the highest number.

Now this season, every game I've been to has been the highest number, except, as you mentioned, last night's game.

Very interesting...

skobabe8
07-23-2008, 12:23 PM
There are few certainties in life. One of them is that the correct answer to the "guess the attendance" game at the Cell is ALWAYS the higher number of the final two choices. Always has been since the park opened. ALWAYS. Until last night. Last night it was the lower number. Is this a sign of the apocalypse?

Since the stupid Comcast dog has sponsored 'GTA', it has ALWAYS been the highest number. I was absolutely STUNNED last night.

:scratch::?:

:redneck

CHIsoxNation
07-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I lost a bet on a hot dog last night because of it. Was pretty sure I was getting a free hot dog until they pulled that fast one. :angry:

popilius
07-23-2008, 01:12 PM
A few years ago, maybe 05-06 I remember it usually being the second highest number, unless it was a sellout, then it would be the highest number listed.

:gulp:

Adele_H
07-23-2008, 01:20 PM
What's 'attendance'?

Is it anything like lambada or polka or something?

Dub25
07-23-2008, 10:19 PM

Not always! I remember through much of the 90's it was the second highest even if was a sellout.