PDA

View Full Version : Rauch traded to D Backs

Rockabilly
07-22-2008, 05:30 PM
I was hoping the Sox would get him

PorkChopExpress
07-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Doesn't look like the price was too high either. One triple A second baseman, ranked 6th best prospect in their system.

sodfatherjunior
07-22-2008, 05:38 PM
with him and Randy Johnson on the same team now that's gotta be the tallest pitching staff in baseball history

turners56
07-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Doesn't look like the price was too high either. One triple A second baseman, ranked 6th best prospect in their system.

Rauch's got some nice numbers, but he also has 5 blown saves in 22 chances.

Optipessimism
07-22-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm also surprised he didn't fetch more. Rauch was IMO the best RP on the market. I guess it's all about lefties and "Nintendo-stuff" now, but I'd much rather have Rauch than Street right now and if Street goes it'll be for a ton.

Plus Rauch is actually the type of pitcher a team should be able to sign longterm without getting into the $8-15 million per year range. If Rauch was a FA next year I could imagine him signing for something like $5-6 mil per year, and contrast that to K-Rod who may pick up as much as $15 mil per year. Is the difference in talent really worth $9-10 mil more, basically the cost of 2 above average set-up men? I think Rauch was a great bargain here and will continue to be that so long as he stays healthy.

Hitmen77
07-22-2008, 11:22 PM
I was hoping the Sox would get him

No chance in hell KW would acquire him.

soxinem1
07-24-2008, 11:54 AM
No chance in hell KW would acquire him.

Ditto. He could have had an 0.00 ERA and be a perfect 23-23 in save situations, and he wouldn't be coming back.

Not sure Rauch would feel comfortable comiing back either.......

BadBobbyJenks
07-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Who is this second basemen? Because I heard the other day that the Nats are planning on him playing 2nd right away next season.

palehozenychicty
07-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Surprised that was all they got for him. Then again, Bowden is arguably the worst GM in the game.

palehozenychicty
07-24-2008, 02:32 PM
I'm also surprised he didn't fetch more. Rauch was IMO the best RP on the market. I guess it's all about lefties and "Nintendo-stuff" now, but I'd much rather have Rauch than Street right now and if Street goes it'll be for a ton.

Plus Rauch is actually the type of pitcher a team should be able to sign longterm without getting into the $8-15 million per year range. If Rauch was a FA next year I could imagine him signing for something like $5-6 mil per year, and contrast that to K-Rod who may pick up as much as $15 mil per year. Is the difference in talent really worth $9-10 mil more, basically the cost of 2 above average set-up men? I think Rauch was a great bargain here and will continue to be that so long as he stays healthy.

I think Mr. Jim Bowden could have affected that.