PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Weekday Afternoon Games

34 Inch Stick
05-09-2002, 05:01 PM
Unless I am there ditching work and the weather is beautiful.

ode to veeck
05-09-2002, 06:29 PM
especially when we get our butts kicked by the likes of the renagers!

foulkesfan11
05-09-2002, 08:49 PM
THe Sox never do good in weekday day games. It depresses me at work when I listen. It also depresses me when Paul Konerko tries scoring from first base. How can anyone be so slow???

KruseControl04
05-09-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
It also depresses me when Paul Konerko tries scoring from first base. How can anyone be so slow???

God, that play was aweful! What was Wally thinking as he sent him around 3rd?!?

GASHWOUND
05-09-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
THe Sox never do good in weekday day games. It depresses me at work when I listen. It also depresses me when Paul Konerko tries scoring from first base. How can anyone be so slow???

Yeah, I never feel comfortable that the Sox are gonna be productive in day games for some reason(and from what i've seen, niether are the Sox)
Hmm, I wonder if the whole team went out the night before and had them selves a "real" good time or something cause they looked like crap today with the bats.What, the Rangers pitching?!?! retired the last 16 Sox hitters or something. Yikes, who would've thunk?

BuehrleACE56
05-09-2002, 09:37 PM
a) we suck in day games
b) i am in school and can't watch or listen
c) checking the box score after and not seeing or listening to a thing makes me feel like such a crap fan ya know?
d) some nobody flies in from Las Vegas or something the night before and rips throught our offense for his first ML win. They retired the last 19! Ugh!....

GASHWOUND
05-09-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by KruseControl04

God, that play was aweful! What was Wally thinking as he sent him around 3rd?!?

I was watching the game on my little portable, and just caught the part where pauly was easilt thrown out at home. Did Wally actually send him, or did pauly go on his own? Sheesh, did Pauly think he was Lofton or something

Daver
05-09-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

I was watching the game on my little portable, and just caught the part where pauly was easilt thrown out at home. Did Wally actually send him, or did pauly go on his own? Sheesh, did Pauly think he was Lofton or something

Blame that one on Waving Wally.

FarWestChicago
05-09-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by daver

Blame that one on Waving Wally. :waving

My arm spazzed. I swear I didn't mean to send Steinway!