Morel, 1-5
Lowe (L, 3-6), 4 IP, 10 H, 6R, 1BB, 3K
Luis, 2 IP, 2H, 1BB, 1K
Corley, 1 IP, 1H, 1BB, 1K
Hunt, 1 IP, 1H, 1R, 2BB
Stephenson, 1 IP, 1H, 1R, 2BB, 2K

Britt Burns
07-21-2008, 05:59 PM
I was wrong about Getz and I am happy for it! He looks like he could help the Sox, either as viable trade bait, a utility player, or perhaps even next year to let OC go, slide Alexei over to short, and use the $$ saved to resign Crede.

palehozenychicty
07-22-2008, 09:56 AM
I was wrong about Getz and I am happy for it! He looks like he could help the Sox, either as viable trade bait, a utility player, or perhaps even next year to let OC go, slide Alexei over to short, and use the $$ saved to resign Crede.

I think that Getz should be brought up and see what they can get for Cabrera. He has only had flashes of good play this season. The team could use some speed and athleticism.

He gone
07-22-2008, 10:10 AM
I think that Getz should be brought up and see what they can get for Cabrera. He has only had flashes of good play this season. The team could use some speed and athleticism.

He's more of a 2nd baseman than a Shortstop, but Alexi can play Short.

oeo
07-22-2008, 10:18 AM

Trading Cabrera and inserting Getz isn't going to make us much faster. It's not like Cabrera is slow.

Cabrera's play has been fine. He's playing good D (something I'm not sure Alexei will do right now at SS), and hitting the ball reasonably well. Taking him out of the lineup isn't going to make things better, it will make them worse.

btrain929
07-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Trading Cabrera and inserting Getz isn't going to make us much faster. It's not like Cabrera is slow.

Cabrera's play has been fine. He's playing good D (something I'm not sure Alexei will do right now at SS), and hitting the ball reasonably well. Taking him out of the lineup isn't going to make things better, it will make them worse.

Not to mention I highly doubt we get anything better than the 2 draft picks we'll get for him by keeping him, offering him arb, and him walking.

KyWhiSoxFan
07-22-2008, 10:32 AM

I agree with this assessment. It's not like Cabrera is hurting the team. He makes some nice plays, can do some things with the bat that others have trouble donig (like consistently getting a runner home from third with one out), and his defense is solid.

That said, he can walk at the end of the year as far as I'm concerned. Whether Ramirez is the answer at SS I don't know. I like him at second and if he can keep getting more reps there, he can be very good. Some of his mistakes there are mental and not having played there enough.

oeo
07-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Whether Ramirez is the answer at SS I don't know. I like him at second and if he can keep getting more reps there, he can be very good. Some of his mistakes there are mental and not having played there enough.

With his athletic ability and arm, I think he can be a fine SS. Just not this year...

He's too raw. He still makes me nervous on pop ups, and sometimes even ground balls. From what I've seen of his throws at SS, they seem erratic, as well.

Let him get polished at 2B this year and over the offseason, then we can move him to SS. Right now, I don't know that I want him leading the infield...he just doesn't seem ready.