PDA

View Full Version : Why do we post more when we lose?

Soxman219
07-20-2008, 10:29 AM
Last night there was five pages worth on why we sucked last night, but on Friday when we won there were only 34 posts. Another example is when we lost to the Flubs at Wrigley there were over 300 posts but when we swept them at the Cell there were no more than 120 posts. So I ask, why do we post more when our team loses?

Madvora
07-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Did you see how barren the post game thread was last night?

Normally there's much less to talk about when the team wins. If they did everything right, then what can you say?
People have been getting pretty touchy lately about post game threads after a loss. That's the point of this board. We need a place to vent and discuss what we saw that could have been changed. I don't have a problem with this.

cheezheadsoxfan
07-20-2008, 10:34 AM
I think when people are upset they want to take some action (however futile) and vent. After a win you're happy, relaxed and ready to go to bed.

munchman33
07-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Friday and Saturday nights are more dead around here than week nights. :dunno:

esbrechtel
07-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Everyone likes to complain.....I always hated when people complain after a win....thats why I dont even look at the post game threads anymore I can get negative enough on my own I do not need WSI to help :D:....

Thome25
07-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Last night there was five pages worth on why we sucked last night, but on Friday when we won there were only 34 posts. Another example is when we lost to the Flubs at Wrigley there were over 300 posts but when we swept them at the Cell there were no more than 120 posts. So I ask, why do we post more when our team loses?

Because fans use this board to vent their frustrations about their team and what might be wrong with it.

It's like a giant electronic support group. :D: We try and get talked off the ledge by our more sane, more positive, more level-headed comrades and we use WSI to do it.

asindc
07-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Actually, I take it as a good sign. We expect to win. And there have been many times over the past two seasons when the Sox lost, they should not have, by the players' own admissions.

When we win, it's dog bite man. When we lose, it's more like man bite dog.

whitem0nkey
07-20-2008, 11:45 AM
just like sports talk, the hosts have a lot more to talk about when things are not going well you have people giving a bunch of diff opinions when things are not working and there creative ways at fixing it. when you win what can you say aside from nice win, or that was close but ill take it.

turners56
07-20-2008, 12:38 PM
People like to bitch more than they like to praise. Simple as that. You need to vent when you're mad, but when you're happy, you usually keep it to yourself.

SoxGirl4Life
07-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Because fans use this board to vent their frustrations about their team and what might be wrong with it.

It's like a giant electronic support group. :D: We try and get talked off the ledge by our more sane, more positive, more level-headed comrades and we use WSI to do it.

People like to bitch more than they like to praise. Simple as that. You need to vent when you're mad, but when you're happy, you usually keep it to yourself.

I've wondered the same thing. These two ^^ are the best I've heard so far.

Railsplitter
07-20-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm the opposite, (love them dancing nanners) more after a win than loss.

Soxman219
07-20-2008, 07:41 PM

I guess that makes sense when you put it that way.

Gavin
07-20-2008, 07:48 PM
I not only expect it but I need it to keep it touch with the pulse of the White Sox. It's an internet message board full of diehard Sox fans.

I went to a wedding yesterday with a bunch of "Chicago Baseball" fans. There was no hope in talking about the Sox with them.

JB98
07-20-2008, 08:04 PM
People say outrageous things after a loss, and those outrageous things have to be refuted. Hence, the higher post counts.

SoxGirl4Life
07-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Just a bit off topic:

What's up with Linebrink? I hear he's not available. Its been over a week, hasn't it?

Soxman219
07-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Just a bit off topic:

What's up with Linebrink? I hear he's not available. Its been over a week, hasn't it?

I heard he has a tired arm, but I'm not 100% sure.

itsnotrequired
07-20-2008, 09:57 PM
we need the wisdom of horsemaster fred, now, more than ever...

jabrch
07-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Dumb fans overreact to small individual events. We have lots of those.

Daver
07-20-2008, 10:12 PM
we need the wisdom of horsemaster fred, now, more than ever...

Don't hold your breath waiting.

LongLiveFisk
07-20-2008, 10:30 PM

Exactly, and you see this all the time, not just here. For example, when people get crappy service they're quick to complain to the manager but when they get great service they don't usually make it a point to go to the manager and point out what an outstanding job their employee did to make the customer happy.