PDA

View Full Version : WCSF Luncheon: Just added: DON COOPER!

TornLabrum
07-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Sorry this is so late, but we just got confirmation of a final addition to the luncheon lineup from the Sox.

The Windy City Sox Fans will be presenting their second player luncheon of the season this Tuesday, July 22, at the Old Eagle Banquet Hall of the Polo Cafe, 3322 S. Morgan in Chicago.

This month's guests are White Sox pitcher Adam Russell, and coaches Jeff Cox and Kevin Hickey. The luncheon will consist of an autograph session, buffet luncheon, and interviews with the guests by Chris Rongey or The Score.

In addition, Lew Freedman, author of Game of My Life: Chicago White Sox will be selling and signing copies of this book.

The price is $35.00 for members, $45.00 for non-members, and $25.00 for kids age 10 and under. (If you join the club at the door, you will be charged the member rate for the luncheon.)

For reservations and more details, call the Windy City Sox Fans at (708) 424-8520. If you plan on attending you should try to get your reservation phoned in by noon Monday.

Again, I'm sorry for such late notice, but we got the word from the Sox literally minutes ago.

BainesHOF
07-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks for posting this.

TornLabrum
07-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Since Russell went down to Charlotte, I'll let people know if the Sox come up with a replacement tomorrow.

TornLabrum
07-21-2008, 10:06 AM
Update: We had a delegation at Cork & Kerry last night, and Don Cooper graciously offered to come in place of Adam Russell. So we now have Coop, Jeff Cox, and Kevin Hickey.

If you'd now like to go, please call today. However, we will take reservations at the door if you can't reach anybody.

And don't forget, all proceeds go to Chicago Baseball Cancer Charities and are earmarked for Children's Memorial Hospital.

TornLabrum
07-22-2008, 03:55 PM
I just got back from the luncheon, and I have to tell you, if you ever need a speaker from the Sox for a group outing, get Jeff Cox. His explanation of the reason he sent A.J. home Sunday was one of the funniest ten minutes I've ever witnessed. He showed us the paper that he keeps in his pocket with his instructions to himself, and described the process of learning to be a coach, what he had as notes on German's and Guillen's throwing arms, and what was going through his mind as he signaled A.J. home and when A.J. was out by a mile along with A.J.'s reaction afterwards.

I thought Cooper would be good, and he was, but Cox is something special.

Martinigirl
07-22-2008, 04:04 PM
I just got back from the luncheon, and I have to tell you, if you ever need a speaker from the Sox for a group outing, get Jeff Cox. His explanation of the reason he sent A.J. home Sunday was one of the funniest ten minutes I've ever witnessed. He showed us the paper that he keeps in his pocket with his instructions to himself, and described the process of learning to be a coach, what he had as notes on German's and Guillen's throwing arms, and what was going through his mind as he signaled A.J. home and when A.J. was out by a mile along with A.J.'s reaction afterwards.

I thought Cooper would be good, and he was, but Cox is something special.

So did you buy his explanation?

TornLabrum
07-22-2008, 04:15 PM
So did you buy his explanation?

Buy it? I couldn't figure out what it was by the time he was done!

SoxandtheCityTee
07-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Sorry to've missed that, I've attended several of these luncheons and have always enjoyed them, but today was just not on the cards. See you in future.

TornLabrum
07-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Sorry to've missed that, I've attended several of these luncheons and have always enjoyed them, but today was just not on the cards. See you in future.

You missed a great one! Outside of any Ozzie Guillen Unplugged luncheon, this was the best I've attended.

There was also an altercation involving Jeff Cox at Picnic in the Park after the game Sunday that he describe, too. Let's just say it involved security. And apparently Cox's version of the story was accurate because it was confirmed by a longtime club member who witnessed it.

Brian26
07-22-2008, 05:27 PM
There was also an altercation involving Jeff Cox at Picnic in the Park after the game Sunday that he describe, too. Let's just say it involved security.

Good grief. You've got to be kidding. Someone paid $300 to go to that event and then got into a fight with Cox about sending AJ home? Unbelievable.

Steelrod
07-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Good grief. You've got to be kidding. Someone paid $300 to go to that event and then got into a fight with Cox about sending AJ home? Unbelievable.
Classy

TornLabrum
07-22-2008, 09:41 PM

It was only verbal. The person who saw it had his diagram of where the autograph tables were at Picnic and showed it to us. There's a perfectly valid reason why this guy started yelling at Cox. Cox's table was the closest to the bar.