PDA

View Full Version : Joe Clutch's Play Today

SoxFan1979
07-19-2008, 01:56 AM
How did Joe's play not make ESPN's Top Ten Plays of The Night? I'm tired of the lack of respect we get................ TIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry:

Then at the end of the show right before sign off they say "not mentioned White Sox win still a game and a half up arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!

Viva Medias B's
07-19-2008, 01:59 AM
How did Joe's play not make ESPN's Top Ten Plays of The Night? I'm tired of the lack of respect we get................ TIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry:

Has it occurred to you that ESPN has an East Coast bias? Don't get me wrong; I agree with you wholeheartedly. But ESPN's East Coast bias is what we have to live with. Yes, we should stand up to it. Nevertheless, we cannot be shockingly outraged when it occurs because we know their bias to be true.

Nellie_Fox
07-19-2008, 02:00 AM
Has it occurred to you that ESPN has an East Coast bias?Hmmm. I hadn't considered that.

RadioheadRocks
07-19-2008, 02:26 AM
I make it a point not to watch SportsCenter anymore, especially because they have this stupid habit of replacing two or three "top plays" with such illustrious crap as the "alpine mountain yodeling contest", the "great moments of the waterskiing squirrel", etc. :angry::angry::angry:

rwcescato
07-19-2008, 02:34 AM

Then at the end of the show right before sign off they say "not mentioned White Sox win still a game and a half up arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is LETS WIN IT ALL AGAIN. They can still disrespect us and say what they want but they cant take the trophy away ala 2005 Championship.
Remember we are still just a fluke in '05. The flubs are world champs for all of this century.

Deebs14
07-19-2008, 02:52 AM
I make it a point not to watch SportsCenter anymore, especially because they have this stupid habit of replacing two or three "top plays" with such illustrious crap as the "alpine mountain yodeling contest", the "great moments of the waterskiing squirrel", etc. :angry::angry::angry:

Stop hating man, the waterskiing squirrel brings great ratings to ESPN 8 "The Ocho!" :D:

FarWestChicago
07-19-2008, 07:21 AM
How did Joe's play not make ESPN's Top Ten Plays of The Night?Why do you watch The Tabloid? Are you a masochist? If so, please don't complain about it here.

Dan Mega
07-19-2008, 08:11 AM
Has it occurred to you that ESPN has an East Coast bias? Don't get me wrong; I agree with you wholeheartedly. But ESPN's East Coast bias is what we have to live with. Yes, we should stand up to it. Nevertheless, we cannot be shockingly outraged when it occurs because we know their bias to be true.

Plus do we really need to see a replay of it with someone screaming "OOHHH MYYY! BOOOYAAAAH!" ?

No.

DumpJerry
07-19-2008, 09:27 AM
:KW
I have personally asked ESPN to not feature any good plays by Joe Crede to keep his contract price down.
Every time he gets a Webgem, Boarass adds five million to the demand.

spiffie
07-20-2008, 12:44 AM
Perhaps they are waiting for the end of the year to do a glorious montage of Joe's 35 or so errors he will have by then.

LoveYourSuit
07-20-2008, 12:56 AM
Perhaps they are waiting for the end of the year to do a glorious montage of Joe's 35 or so errors he will have by then.

For the Salary difference and what now appears to be an equal glove, I have come to the conclusion that Josh Fields should be our 3B next season.

FedEx227
07-20-2008, 01:33 AM
For the Salary difference and what now appears to be an equal glove, I have come to the conclusion that Josh Fields should be our 3B next season.

If you think because of the 20+ errors Crede has that him and Fields are equal defenders... I'm truly sorry. Half of the balls Crede gets to Fields would be watching roll into LF.

Nellie_Fox
07-20-2008, 01:36 AM
For the Salary difference and what now appears to be an equal glove, I have come to the conclusion that Josh Fields should be our 3B next season.You seriously can't have watched both of them at third and come to this conclusion. At his absolute worst, Crede is orders of magnitude better defensively than Fields.

FedEx227
07-20-2008, 01:36 AM
You seriously can't have watched both of them at third and come to this conclusion. At his absolute worst, Crede is orders of magnitude better defensively than Fields.

I really wish they'd do away with the error statistic. It's beyond worthless and a horrible way to compare fielders.

LoveYourSuit
07-20-2008, 03:05 AM
If you think because of the 20+ errors Crede has that him and Fields are equal defenders... I'm truly sorry. Half of the balls Crede gets to Fields would be watching roll into LF.

And this because you were able to judge Fields' glove in just 3/4 of a ML Season?

:rolleyes:

Please, give me a break.

Both Crede and Ventura did not become Gold Glove 3Bs 3/4 of a season into their ML careers. Fields might never sniff Crede's glove at his peak, but for a business decision, I will take Fields at $500K next year to Crede's $12 million+
X 5 year deal he will land this offseason. The bats will offset at the end of the day.

And no, my judgment is not based on a stupid stat like errors. It is more based on how costly some of those errors have been this year.

FedEx227
07-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Oh trust me I totally agree that Fields' offense and salary is more desirable next year than Crede's defense and salary.

I absolutely 100% agree, but comparing their gloves is not fair. Crede is and will likely always be light years ahead of Fields, and that's the truth.

Does it change the fact that I was ready to say bye-bye to Crede after last year? No way. Does it change the fact that I think the Sox should've traded him last year before he cuts and runs this year? No way. But apples and oranges when comparing Crede/Fields defensively.

white sox bill
07-20-2008, 11:55 AM
I say knock off $50K per error if and when they sit down with Borass in off season

TheVulture
07-21-2008, 04:25 AM
Oh trust me I totally agree that Fields' offense and salary is more desirable next year than Crede's defense and salary.

:scratch:

Fields - Triple ****ing A -.251/.329/.469 1K/2.8AB

Iwritecode
07-21-2008, 11:47 AM
And no, my judgment is not based on a stupid stat like errors. It is more based on how costly some of those errors have been this year.

They've only lost 5 games this year when Crede has made an error. The most recent one being a game where the offense only scored 1 run and the bullpen gave up 6 runs in a single inning.

I wouldn't say Crede's error was much of a deciding factor in that game.