PDA

View Full Version : #39 for SamME


WinningUgly!
05-09-2002, 02:15 PM
Oh wait...that was a 39 mph wind blowing that one out. Another cheapy for the stroke :angry:

mack10zie
05-09-2002, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I was watching, it looked like a pop-up off the bat, and Sammy only did a half hearted, unsure as hell hop. But sure enough, it went out.

cheeses_h_rice
05-09-2002, 02:35 PM
Same thing happened in 2000 during the Sox's one drubbing at Wrigley Field, or maybe that was last year? It was the game, I think, that Ricky Gutierrez did that slow, deliberate run around the bases after his incredibly cheap, wind-aided, basket-aided grand slam.

FarWestChicago
05-09-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Same thing happened in 2000 during the Sox's one drubbing at Wrigley Field, or maybe that was last year? It was the game, I think, that Ricky Gutierrez did that slow, deliberate run around the bases after his incredibly cheap, wind-aided, basket-aided grand slam. Don't forget the O'Henry pop up to second that landed in the bleachers and the ensuing huskers "there is no such thing as the wind effecting the ball" debte. :smile:

duke of dorwood
05-09-2002, 02:43 PM
He gets 20% of his HR against Milwaukee every year

Chisox353014
05-09-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Same thing happened in 2000 during the Sox's one drubbing at Wrigley Field, or maybe that was last year? It was the game, I think, that Ricky Gutierrez did that slow, deliberate run around the bases after his incredibly cheap, wind-aided, basket-aided grand slam.

Of course that also led to what was probably the best moment of the 2001 season the next day....
:manos
"I was just waving to my family"

FarWestChicago
05-09-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014


Of course that also led to what was probably the best moment of the 2001 season the next day....
:manos
"I was just waving to my family" That was a thing of beauty. That is one thing the FOB's will never be able to take away from Manos no matter how much they bash him. :smile:

cheeses_h_rice
05-09-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014


Of course that also led to what was probably the best moment of the 2001 season the next day....
:manos
"I was just waving to my family"

It certainly did. Sitting a mere 50 feet from Manos as he saluted the crowd, I could barely contain my smile. What a beautiful, beautiful moment.

moochpuppy
05-09-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Don't forget the O'Henry pop up to second that landed in the bleachers and the ensuing huskers "there is no such thing as the wind effecting the ball" debte. :smile:

*****!! How could we forget that. God bless Huskers, he was entertaining.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-09-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
Of course that also led to what was probably the best moment of the 2001 season the next day....
:manos
"I was just waving to my family"

I relive that great moment everytime I visit WSI's board and main page.

:manos
"There is method to PHG's madness!"

DVG
05-09-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge


I relive that great moment everytime I visit WSI's board and main page.

:manos
"There is method to PHG's madness!"


:moron


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
How dare you!!!!!!!!! How dare you cretinous Scum Sox fans
refer to Josama bin Valetin's display as a great moment!!!!!!!!!!!!
You think that committing the sin of utter blasphemy is funny????
!!!!!!! You think that mocking the Son of God in his own house,
the greatest shrine temple cathedral in the history of the world,
is cute????? Then you will all burn with him!!!!! The day of Sam-
my's judgment is nigh!!!!!!!! Josama bin Valentin is one of the
great monsters of the past 100 years, along with Hitler, Stalin
and the Tribsters who put up the green windscreens!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

FarWestChicago
05-09-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy


*****!! How could we forget that. God bless Huskers, he was entertaining. The best part was he really believed he was of superior intelligence. :smile:

Jerry_Manuel
05-09-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Don't forget the O'Henry pop up to second that landed in the bleachers and the ensuing huskers "there is no such thing as the wind effecting the ball" debte. :smile:

I was at that game. I believe Cal Eldred was on the hill, I couldn't really see much of the game, considering I had one of the obstructed view seats :angry: