PDA

View Full Version : Frank Flies out again

duke of dorwood
05-09-2002, 03:11 PM
Getting real hard to start runners when he is up. Just like today's first at bat.

Soxboyrob
05-09-2002, 03:34 PM
It's really getting frustrating to watch. There are fatal flaws in his swing. I wish someone would work with him on this if they are not already. He's giving away all of his power by opening his hips and shoulders prior to swinging. He's also dropping his right shoulder and often pulls his head out of his stance. I can't imagine that there isn't a hitting coach badgering him about all of this, but who knows. Where's Hriniak when we need him. It's not as if Frank had the mechanically perfect swing back when he was blistering the ball all over the place, but this current setup is not the answer.

FarWestChicago
05-09-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
It's really getting frustrating to watch. There are fatal flaws in his swing. I wish someone would work with him on this if they are not already. He's giving away all of his power by opening his hips and shoulders prior to swinging. He's also dropping his right shoulder and often pulls his head out of his stance. I can't imagine that there isn't a hitting coach badgering him about all of this, but who knows. Where's Hriniak when we need him. It's not as if Frank had the mechanically perfect swing back when he was blistering the ball all over the place, but this current setup is not the answer. :shammy

I should send him some of my special vitamins. That will fix everything.

Chisox_cali
05-09-2002, 03:43 PM
What the hell was he thinking?!?!

:joebatters
"Waddle, Waddle, Waddle..."

Kilroy
05-09-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
He's giving away all of his power by opening his hips and shoulders prior to swinging. He's also dropping his right shoulder and often pulls his head out of his stance.

Actually his hips and shoulders opening first isn't a problem as long as his hands stay back. For reference, watch Konerko swing. Hips clear, starting the shoulders, followed by quick hands. But if his shoulder is dropping, all it will do is elevate the ball when he hits it, most commonly into a pop-up. Also, too much head movement is bad because you don't get a good look at the ball.

duke of dorwood
05-09-2002, 04:56 PM
FRank cant adjust because he is has different places he stands every time. It is becoming a liability in the 3 spot.

Viva Magglio
05-09-2002, 05:12 PM
Listening to the game, our offense is so anemic that I'm wondering if Nolan Ryan has come out of retirement?

:fireshoop

GASHWOUND
05-09-2002, 10:24 PM
I think its time for Manuel to give Frank a few days off. I think Frank's getting a brain cramp when he's at the plate. Get Leif or Rowand some at-bats while he sits frank down.
Lets see if JM has the balls to sit Frank down.

FanOf14
05-09-2002, 11:10 PM
Wallace was an idiot to send "Wheels" Konerko and Konerko was an idiot for listening...I hope we can muster so offense against the Angels this weekend. I think another part of their problem was that they were told 3 different pitchers were going to start and the one that did is the one none of them have faced before...