PDA

View Full Version : The Mike MacDougal enigma

Frater Perdurabo
07-18-2008, 12:30 AM
He's dead last on the Knights in WHIP and second-last in ERA.

He's got an MLB contract, so what happens to him given his quite poor AAA performance?

Huisj
07-18-2008, 12:44 AM
Good arm, good movement, no command. Mix that with no confidence, and then no command becomes no control at all, and then good stuff becomes nothing at all. It's quite sad after the way he pitched in '06 after the Sox picked him up.

oeo
07-18-2008, 01:09 AM
A change of scenery might do him well. Just move him to an NL team so if he turns it around, he doesn't face us. He's flat out nasty when he can get the ball over the plate.

Somebody would take a shot on him as long as he's completely healthy.

Domeshot17
07-18-2008, 01:12 AM
The guy has some of the sickest movement I have ever seen, just no idea where it is going. Hard to believe this is the same guy who almost single handedly saved the bullpen in 2006 (what did he had a 1.55 era?)

KyWhiSoxFan
07-18-2008, 09:54 AM
It would be a miracle if someone took MacDougal and his salary off the Sox's hands, but would be much welcomed. He has no future with the Sox. At this point, they might as well just release him at the end of the AAA season if they can't get rid of him and just eat his 2009 salary.

The Sox have better options for relief in their system than MacDougla and they need to move those guys up and give them the experience and opportunity at AAA.

He gone
07-18-2008, 10:48 AM
A change of scenery might do him well. Just move him to an NL team so if he turns it around, he doesn't face us. He's flat out nasty when he can get the ball over the plate.

Somebody would take a shot on him as long as he's completely healthy.

St.Louis sure could use some Bull-pen help. Maybe Dave Duncan could straighten him out?

palehozenychicty
07-18-2008, 10:53 AM
St.Louis sure could use some Bull-pen help. Maybe Dave Duncan could straighten him out?

I wonder what they're waiting for, because if he can't do it, nobody can.

FedEx227
07-18-2008, 11:21 AM
I get to see the enigma first hand next week as I'm catching a few Indianapolis Indians/Knights games.

From what I've seen this guy is still a mechanical nightmare. I don't know what you can really do for him because it's obvious at this point little fixes and quirks in his delivery are not producing results. His main motion aka flying his shoulder/head open is destroying any chance he has of getting it over the plate.

This might be one of those go down to Single A and rework your delivery, but he's too old for that... I don't think it's worth the effort.