PDA

View Full Version : Ray Durham's stats

MattSharp
05-09-2002, 01:12 PM
If you look at Ray's numbers and see what hes on pace for, other than his average he isn't on pace to have that great of a season. I don't know if this is because hes hitting second, or hes had more days off, or what?

OfficerKarkovice
05-09-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
If you look at Ray's numbers and see what hes on pace for, other than his average he isn't on pace to have that great of a season. I don't know if this is because hes hitting second, or hes had more days off, or what?
He has almost as many sacrafices this year already that he had all of last year for one thing.

mack10zie
05-09-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp

Well maybe not on pace for a great season, but definately on pace for a VERY good season. He's on pace for about 115 runs scored , about 95 RBI's (which would be 20 more than his career high), over 40 steals (which would be a career high), his HR #'s are a bit down, but if he were to hit one today he'd be on pace for about his career average, and his 2B's are down a small bit too (on pace for about 30). If he ended up with the numbers that he is "on pace" for right now, I'd be thrilled with his season.

mack10zie
05-09-2002, 01:55 PM
Oh yeah, and he also leads the team in sacrifices, at 6, which is 3 ahead of the next highest on the team (Royce). I like that.

ode to veeck
05-09-2002, 01:56 PM
Here's the rankings on WSI PTC winners so far:

Lofton 9
Konehead 5
Ray 4
Maggs 3
Burly, Frank, Garland, Manos 2 each
Wright, Ritchie, MJ, Choice, Bullpen, Dombrowski 1 each

Ray's on track for maybe 18 or 20 PTC wins!!!

Lofton should get credit for about 50% of Ray's since he lets Ray off the leadoff hook (and we know what happens there), but then the player's PTC contest would be almost over already :smile:

BuehrleACE56
05-09-2002, 10:53 PM
i hope he has a damn good season because he is either going to be gone, traded, or signed up to a big honking contract at the expense of someone else by the end of the season. I like Ray but this might very well be the last that we see of him. A very good season for him would sit just fine with me one way or the other. He has gotten a lot of days off too. What does that mean?

kermittheefrog
05-09-2002, 11:53 PM
Well he's on pace for 114 runs, 43 stolen bases and a .391 OBP. Those are all impressive numbers.

palehosemike
05-10-2002, 12:03 AM
Ray appears more comfortable in the #2 slot, less pressure than when he was leading off. Also I think the year before free agency doesn't hurt matters either.

If he continues to hit like this, look for $$$ in Ray's future, and it will be checks written by someone other than Jerry Reinsdorf.

Next years infield
3b - Joe Crede
SS - Royce Clayton
2b - Willie Harris
1b - Paul Konerko

kermittheefrog
05-10-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by palehosemike
Ray appears more comfortable in the #2 slot, less pressure than when he was leading off. Also I think the year before free agency doesn't hurt matters either.

If he continues to hit like this, look for $$$ in Ray's future, and it will be checks written by someone other than Jerry Reinsdorf.

Next years infield
3b - Joe Crede
SS - Royce Clayton
2b - Willie Harris
1b - Paul Konerko

Hey buddy, you're leaving off my guy. Tim Hummel!