PDA

View Full Version : Fan Deck Question

Gammons Peter
07-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Is the Fan Deck only available for those that have reserved a party there? Can Joe Blow with a lower deck seat ever go up there? I used to sit there when it was first built it but it always seems to be reserved now. What is the policy?

Also, anyone know what they are charging these days for bracelet's to sit on top of the Bull Pen Bar?

Thanks

skottyj242
07-17-2008, 09:05 AM
Most games anyone can go up to the Fan Deck, you just have to get there early to get a seat.

I think it's 15 bucks for the "Best Seat in the House."

kobo
07-17-2008, 09:22 AM
Sometimes there is a private event going on, but usually it's open and as long as you get there early enough you can sit up there. I sat there on Father's Day with my Dad and Uncle for an inning.

soxpride724
07-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Sometimes there is a private event going on, but usually it's open and as long as you get there early enough you can sit up there. I sat there on Father's Day with my Dad and Uncle for an inning.

If there is no reserved party there, how long can you stay up there?

skottyj242
07-17-2008, 09:46 AM
If there is no reserved party there, how long can you stay up there?

As long as you want.

Gammons Peter
07-17-2008, 10:10 AM
So you have to pay $15 to get up there now? just like the seating on top of the Bar? Do they give you wrist bands like they do at the bar?

beasly213
07-17-2008, 10:12 AM
So you have to pay $15 to get up there now? just like the seating on top of the Bar? Do they give you wrist bands like they do at the bar?

No its free to go up there.
I think the problem is the White Sox have ushers at the bottom of the fan deck that sometimes give the impression that you can't go up there unless you have permission to be up there.

Personally I prefer the concourse to the fandeck anyway.

chisoxfanatic
07-17-2008, 10:26 AM
I think skotty was referring to the Bullpen Sports Bar upper tier as the best seats in the house. They are great seats, I might add.

kittle42
07-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Also, anyone know what they are charging these days for bracelet's to sit on top of the Bull Pen Bar?

Just because I haven't pointed one of these out in a while and am having a bad morning. :happybday

itsnotrequired
07-17-2008, 11:24 AM
As long as you want.

can u spend the night there?

skottyj242
07-17-2008, 11:28 AM
can u spend the night there?

I have on more than three non consecutive occasions.

kevingrt
07-17-2008, 11:41 AM
How early must one get to the ballpark or wait in the line prior to gates opening to get a seat in the Bullpen Sports Bar upper tier.

Gammons Peter
07-17-2008, 11:44 AM
How early must one get to the ballpark or wait in the line prior to gates opening to get a seat in the Bullpen Sports Bar upper tier.

depends on the crowd/weekday/weekend but I would say be at the gate 10-15 minutes before gates open

btrain929
07-17-2008, 01:26 PM
depends on the crowd/weekday/weekend but I would say be at the gate 10-15 minutes before gates open

Do you have to have a lower level ticket to attempt to get a table in RF? Or do upper deck ticket holders have a chance to get a table too?

kittle42
07-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Do you have to have a lower level ticket to attempt to get a table in RF? Or do upper deck ticket holders have a chance to get a table too?

Anyone can buy one for an additional $15. I never really understood why anyone would, myself. Well, anyone with a lower deck ticket, that is.

skottyj242
07-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Anyone can buy one for an additional $15. I never really understood why anyone would, myself. Well, anyone with a lower deck ticket, that is.

Wait staff service. We used to go early all the time to wait to get outside for the BSP "warning track." They changed it a few moons ago that you had to sit down, now it sucks. You may end up sitting with total strangers and if you're at one of the back table you can't see ****.

chisoxfanatic
07-17-2008, 04:40 PM
You really should get there earlier than that. A line can form over a half hour before gates even open. I know this was a Red Sox series; but, we lined up over an hour before gates opened and were the second to last ones who were able to get wristbands. Everyone else was turned away. Bring a small styrofoam cooler with pop, beer, or whatever else will help the wait and set up shop for a while.

russ99
07-17-2008, 04:57 PM
In my experience, the Fan Deck usually is fully reserved for weekend games (especially day games), so you'd probably have better luck on a weeknight.

I actually complained to my ticket rep about the Fan Deck being bought out by corporate groups and not available to regular fans, but he claimed it wasn't considered "premium" seating. Whatever that means...

#1swisher
07-17-2008, 05:09 PM
You really should get there earlier than that. A line can form over a half hour before gates even open. I know this was a Red Sox series; but, we lined up over an hour before gates opened and were the second to last ones who were able to get wristbands. Everyone else was turned away. Bring a small styrofoam cooler with pop, beer, or whatever else will help the wait and set up shop for a while.

I have bullpen sports bar tables row C3 for Sat. Jul 19 vs KC. should we get there an hour before gates open?

chisoxfanatic
07-17-2008, 05:18 PM
I have bullpen sports bar tables row C3 for Sat. Jul 19 vs KC. should we get there an hour before gates open?
You never can get there early enough, IMHO. Just bring some stuff to drink, set up shop, and you'll be fine. As long as you have company, it won't be boring.

When we got there that early, a mutual friend of ours was tailgating in Lot E and brought us burgers, hot dogs, and beverages too while we were waiting! It wasn't a bad wait at all!

#1swisher
07-17-2008, 05:23 PM
thanks chisoxfanatic.

kittle42
07-17-2008, 05:40 PM

If you already have tables, would there be any reason to get there early?

chisoxfanatic
07-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Woa, I did not read the first part of that...I'm sorry, #1swisher, I guess you wouldn't have to line up at all! How much did those pre-ordered tickets set you back?

kevingrt
07-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Woa, I did not read the first part of that...I'm sorry, #1swisher, I guess you wouldn't have to line up at all! How much did those pre-ordered tickets set you back?

I did not even know they did pre-orders for that? How did you get those if you don't mind me asking.

skottyj242
07-18-2008, 08:39 AM
I did not even know they did pre-orders for that? How did you get those if you don't mind me asking.

Don't they auction off the tables?

#1swisher
07-18-2008, 10:33 AM
wish I could answer all questions...my sister got them from a co-worker(he's on vacation thru next week. I'll find out more info then and post.
The tickets are priced $50 in the bottom left hand corner is the time/date they were printed 3/28/2008 9:31:13 AM
She was told the table is reserved. first time sitting is these seats.