PDA

View Full Version : Jndjans Trade Rumor

bjmarte
05-09-2002, 01:06 PM
A Cardinals fan friend of mine said he heard a rumor that the Jndjans might trade Colon to Cinci for some prospects. Anyone heard more about it?

MattSharp
05-09-2002, 01:08 PM
That would be good for the Sox. That would create a major hole in the Indians rotation. And not just cause Colon weighs more than the rest of the starters......

WinningUgly!
05-09-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by bjmarte
A Cardinals fan friend of mine said he heard a rumor that the Jndjans might trade Colon to Cinci for some prospects. Anyone heard more about it?

I can't believe that would be true, but who knows. The thought of the Tribe making a "white flag trade" in May just kinda makes ya grin, doesn't it?

BackInBlack
05-09-2002, 01:56 PM
I actually kinda wish Cleveland and Chicago were both still powers in the AL Central. It's more fun when it's a race between two heavy-weights (nothing against Minnesota). It's more fun to beat the Packers when they're all the rage of the NFL, same goes for baseball. I don't want to win by default, I want some intense competition!

Bmr31
05-09-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by bjmarte

what i heard was colon for graves and encarncion

MattSharp
05-09-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

Graves started his career with the tribe. Kinda ironic. Why would they want Graves, when they already have Wickman?

mack10zie
05-09-2002, 02:17 PM

That would be quite an interesting swap. Encarnacion seems to be finally living up to some of what he was billed to be in Detroit, and Graves is a stud out of the pen. If I were the Indians, I might just do that one.... but at the same time, Colon has #1 potential and it would be hard for the Indians to part with that I'd guess. Interesting nonetheless.

Bmr31
05-09-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp

Graves started his career with the tribe. Kinda ironic. Why would they want Graves, when they already have Wickman?

no clue. i dont have any idea why the tribe would do that trade.

mack10zie
05-09-2002, 02:21 PM

no clue. i dont have any idea why the tribe would do that trade.

How long do they have Wickman for? If his contract is up soon then they'd already have someone to replace him on the squad. And Encarnacion is really off to a great start, and they've got to be sick of playing Brady Anderson and Milton Bradley in CF.

Bmr31
05-09-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by mack10zie

How long do they have Wickman for? If his contract is up soon then they'd already have someone to replace him on the squad. And Encarnacion is really off to a great start, and they've got to be sick of playing Brady Anderson and Milton Bradley in CF.

for colon? i hope the do it!

mack10zie
05-09-2002, 02:29 PM

for colon? i hope the do it!

And so do I.... but I can see some reasons why they might do it is all. I would expect maybe some prospects from the Reds too or something if a trade like that were to go down.

FarWestChicago
05-09-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp

Graves started his career with the tribe. Kinda ironic. Why would they want Graves, when they already have Wickman? The pitching mound in Cleveland is complaining. It's tired of getting crushed late it games.

FarmerAndy
05-09-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by BackInBlack
I actually kinda wish Cleveland and Chicago were both still powers in the AL Central. It's more fun when it's a race between two heavy-weights (nothing against Minnesota). I don't want to win by default, I want some intense competition!

Have you seen the Twins?

Did you see our record against the Twins last year?

If you want some intense competitition, don't worry about Cleveland not being the powerhouse that they once were. The Twins are going to be up there with us for awhile, and they will compete.

WinningUgly!
05-09-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
The pitching mound in Cleveland is complaining. It's tired of getting crushed late it games. LOL! Take that & factor in the cost of feeding Colon...it's a no brainer for the Trjbe! :D:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
05-09-2002, 03:06 PM
The Destruction of the Cleveland regime continues. These guys will be able to make another "Major Leauge" movie here in another few years. No happy ending though.

BackInBlack
05-09-2002, 03:16 PM
If you want some intense competitition, don't worry about Cleveland not being the powerhouse that they once were. The Twins are going to be up there with us for awhile, and they will compete.

Oh I believe in Minnesota. It's just more exciting when you're knocking heads with the traditional powers. Like, is anybody going to tune into the NBA Eastern Conference Finals when Charlotte is matched up with Detroit? No doubt, both are great teams, but nobody really cares. They traditionally want to see the New York Knicks vs. the Chicago Bulls two massive markets clashing.