PDA

View Full Version : The All-Star game sponsored by "Pineapple Express"

PatK
07-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Did anyone else find it kind of odd that with all the celebration and gushing over the Josh Hamilton's recovery from drug addiction that the game was sponsored by "Pineapple Express", a stoner movie?

I'm not going to get into the debates on marijuana over it, but at my house, we thought it was kind of strange, especially considering the recent steroid/HGH controversies.

(mods, if this is in the wrong forum, sorry, I didn't know if I should have put this elsewhere.

fquaye149
07-17-2008, 01:24 PM
Did anyone else find it kind of odd that with all the celebration and gushing over the Josh Hamilton's recovery from drug addiction that the game was sponsored by "Pineapple Express", a stoner movie?

I'm not going to get into the debates on marijuana over it, but at my house, we thought it was kind of strange, especially considering the recent steroid/HGH controversies.

(mods, if this is in the wrong forum, sorry, I didn't know if I should have put this elsewhere.

isn't the plot of the movie that two stoners, too stupid to function because of pot, find themselves being chased by murderous drug dealers because of the main character's inability to perform simple functions while high?

Hardly seems to be glamorizing drugs.

hi im skot
07-17-2008, 01:33 PM
:shrug:

PatK
07-17-2008, 03:36 PM
isn't the plot of the movie that two stoners, too stupid to function because of pot, find themselves being chased by murderous drug dealers because of the main character's inability to perform simple functions while high?

It's another movie in the mold of Cheech and Chong, Half-Baked, and Harold Kumar.

I just found it funny that they would talk about how great it was Josh is off drugs and how bad they are, and then segue into "this game brought to you by Pineapple Express."

I've got no problem with the movie.

Boondock Saint
07-17-2008, 05:40 PM
The movie studio that made Pineapple Express paid the people at Fox a ton of money for them to promote their movie at the All-Star Game. Neither party (probably) particularly cares about Josh Hamilton's story, and they might not even know who he is.

That's about it.

BadBobbyJenks
07-17-2008, 05:50 PM
MIA - Paper Planes

The song you hear in the trailer. Awesome.

hi im skot
07-18-2008, 09:10 AM
MIA - Paper Planes

The song you hear in the trailer. Awesome.

Give me the Clash over MIA any day.

:cool:

BadBobbyJenks
07-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Give me the Clash over MIA any day.

:cool:

But MIA sampling the Clash, unstoppable.

kobo
07-18-2008, 03:49 PM

Umm, no. Seth Rogen's character buys a new strand of weed from his dealer played by James Franco. While smoking a joint, Rogen's character witnesses a murder, drops the roach, and takes off. He goes back to his dealer to see if the weed he bought can be traced back and it can. The 2 guys then try to avoid being caught by the people who committed the murder, as the bad guys are out to get them. From everything I have read about the movie it's more of a buddy action flick than a stoner comedy.

doublem23
07-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Umm, no. Seth Rogen's character buys a new strand of weed from his dealer played by James Franco. While smoking a joint, Rogen's character witnesses a murder, drops the roach, and takes off. He goes back to his dealer to see if the weed he bought can be traced back and it can. The 2 guys then try to avoid being caught by the people who committed the murder, as the bad guys are out to get them. From everything I have read about the movie it's more of a buddy action flick than a stoner comedy.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/27/Pineapple_express.jpg

I don't know... It looks a little like a stoner comedy. :cool:

kobo
07-18-2008, 04:40 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/27/Pineapple_express.jpg

I don't know... It looks a little like a stoner comedy. :cool:
Haha, yeah, it does, I was just going off what I've read about it the last couple of weeks. Looking forward to seeing it regardless.

PatK
07-19-2008, 06:54 AM
Yeah, me too, despite making this thread. Although I'll most likely wait until it's out on DVD.

South Side Irish
07-19-2008, 09:45 AM
But MIA sampling the Clash, unstoppable.

And MIA is a female Sri Lankan rapper. Unstoppable coolness, indeed.

Ziggy S
07-19-2008, 12:31 PM
And MIA is a female Sri Lankan rapper. Unstoppable coolness, indeed.

If cool is supporting "innocent Palestinian" anti-Semitic terrorist *******s, then I guess MIA is off the hizzle fo shizzle.