PDA

View Full Version : Papelbon's Real Quote

BoysMom3
07-16-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm good friends with a lady from CT that is a big Red Sox fan. She e-mailed me today about the Papelbon situation, and I'll quote her from my e-mail.

"Some NY tabloid mis-interpreted something Jonathan Papelbon from the Red Sox said about wanting to close the game (he actually said, "Of course with my competitve nature I want to close, but Mariano Rivera is the best closer of all time" and the headline siad he said he should close instead of Rivera) so then in the red carpet parade, the wonderful NY fans decided to sling insults and make death threats to Paperlbon's pregnant wife!"

That's ridiculous!

the1tab
07-16-2008, 10:36 AM
A) If it's about a Boston player, don't believe a NYC tabloid.
B) Papelbon is still a moron.
C) Nobody should ever threaten a pregnant woman, but...
D) Yankee fans have a tendancy to lack class on occassion

doublem23
07-16-2008, 10:38 AM
Papelbon said what he said and then later toned down his statements after he/someone else realized he was going to get flamed for being an idiot and jag-off.

Obviously, the death threats are excessive and ridiculous (****in' Yankee fans), but let's not pretend like he didn't bring this on himself by opening his stupid mouth again. Don't start fires if you can't take the heat.

On a team full of obnoxious and arrogant guys, Papelbon is the most arrogant and obnoxious.

EuroSox35
07-16-2008, 10:38 AM
The real story last night was the idiotic NY fans, yeah, let's get in the head of the AL pitcher! Save it for your next game against the Red Sox losers! Some of us actually care about the outcome of the game. Meanwhile, the sleazy NY media strikes again

doublem23
07-16-2008, 10:42 AM
The real story last night was the idiotic NY fans, yeah, let's get in the head of the AL pitcher! Save it for your next game against the Red Sox losers! Some of us actually care about the outcome of the game. Meanwhile, the sleazy NY media strikes again

:rolleyes:

The guy runs his mouth about how he deserves to pitch the ninth and how he'd give himself the ball if he was managing and blah-blah-blah and then he goes and coughs up the lead in the 8th? That would get you booed at your own park, let alone in the park of your fiercest rival.

I hope the national embarrassment he received strikes a nerve and he falls apart this year.

Can you guess I really don't like Jonathan Papelbon yet?

kobo
07-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Who cares? He's a Boston pitcher who ran his idiotic mouth (again) pitching in the All Star game at Yankee stadium. NY fans have every right to boo if they want. White Sox fans booed Cubs players, Twins players and Indians players in 03 when the game was at the Cell. Heck, they even booed Jerry Manuel when he was introduced before that game.

SoxfaninLA
07-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Papelbon is a total asshat, and I enjoyed seeing him get booed last night. You don't think if the game was in Boston all the Arod is gay signs and the Madonna chants would be out in full force? All those Boston guys are going to get booed in New York, same for the Yankee guys in Boston.

I can't quite put my finger on what drives me nuts about Papelbon, but he is in my top 5 hated players in the league right now. Perhaps its the over the top intensity, the little dance moves, the running of his mouth, he just bugs me. Just when I thought I could hate the Red Sox a little less with the #1 jerkstore Schilling finally going away, Papelbon is right there to take his place.

BoysMom3
07-16-2008, 02:50 PM
I missed all of this stuff last night. I only saw some of the game.

I can't hate the Red Sox or the Tigers because two of my very dear friends are big fans, and we talk by e-mail every day.

I'm just glad the American League won. I was getting tired at the end!

DumpJerry
07-16-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm good friends with a lady from CT that is a big Red Sox fan. She e-mailed me today about the Papelbon situation, and I'll quote her from my e-mail.
How does she know what was really said?

RKMeibalane
07-16-2008, 07:00 PM
How does she know what was really said?

Because Otis called her from the airport. :cool:

DumpJerry
07-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Because Otis called her from the airport. :cool:
*smacks forehead* Of course! What was I thinking????

TheOldRoman
07-16-2008, 08:19 PM
:rolleyes:

The guy runs his mouth about how he deserves to pitch the ninth and how he'd give himself the ball if he was managing and blah-blah-blah and then he goes and coughs up the lead in the 8th? That would get you booed at your own park, let alone in the park of your fiercest rival.

I hope the national embarrassment he received strikes a nerve and he falls apart this year.

Can you guess I really don't like Jonathan Papelbon yet?Speaking of Papelbitch getting booed, I wonder if the morons at ESPN called the Yankees fans classless for booing him like they did when the Sox fans booed Shammy in 03.:rolleyes:

chisoxfanatic
07-16-2008, 11:45 PM
I can't hate the Red Sox or the Tigers because two of my very dear friends are big fans, and we talk by e-mail every day.
Sure you can! My best friend is a Red Sox fan, and I still hate them along the same lines as the Cubs, Twins, and Indians. You can truly hate a team, but not hold it against people you love and still have a great relationship.

I truly hope Paplebon's game turns south, along with the rest of that team. I'm pulling for Tampa very hard in that division. It would be great if both the Red Sox and Yankees were not involved in October baseball this year, and hopefully Oakland wouldn't be either.

Here's my dream for seeding in October:

1. Sox
2. Tampa
3. Angels
4. Detroit

DumpJerry
07-17-2008, 07:08 AM
Sure you can! My best friend is a Red Sox fan, and I still hate them along the same lines as the Cubs, Twins, and Indians.
I'm a lover, not a hater. Why all the hate?

SoxandtheCityTee
07-17-2008, 07:16 AM
Speaking of Papelbitch getting booed, I wonder if the morons at ESPN called the Yankees fans classless for booing him like they did when the Sox fans booed Shammy in 03.:rolleyes:

No, they didn't. I was thinking the same thing when that happened. And he was booed before he coughed up the lead.

Fenway
07-17-2008, 05:38 PM
The NY Daily News became worse than the Post on this one

http://www.nydailynews.com/img/2008/07/16/amd_back.jpg