PDA

View Full Version : Now glad our pitchers didn't get picked

EuroSox35
07-16-2008, 12:53 AM
I doubt they would've pitched early, meaning the possibility of them getting stretched out

munchman33
07-16-2008, 01:10 AM
I disagree. Guys that pitch on Sunday and relievers are held. Bobby wasn't getting picked and Danks and Floyd would have went sooner.

gf2020
07-16-2008, 01:16 AM
Oh we would have been fine. From the way this game went, Danks and/or Floyd would have pitched earlier as all the other starters outside of Kazmir did. Plus, neither pitched Sunday.

TDog
07-16-2008, 02:07 AM
I have no problem with the All-Star game being played to win with pitchers being extended if the game goes into extra innings. Tonight there wouldn't have been the need to extend pitchers if there hadn't been so much showcasing. of players. And I never wanted any pitchers from the White Sox to be named to the All-Star team this year because of what it could entail.

The best way to name pitchers to the game, however, might be to wait until the weekend before the game and have the managers pick the pitchers they believe they would most want to have to win the game, taking rest and slumps into consideration. That is a comment more for Talking Baseball, however.

As for Sox pitching, pitching is such a fragile commodity that I always prefer rest if the Sox over the All-Star Game, if the Sox have a chance to contend.

hawkjt
07-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Yes, I am fine with most of our players home resting vs this exhausting week in NY. There is no way those guys got a lot of sleep in NY with all the activities and now they will be flying out this am to get home for maybe a day and then fly back to chicago...not too restful.

KyWhiSoxFan
07-16-2008, 11:40 AM
I agree that a few of the Sox starters in particular needed rest and were better off not being invited to the All Star game. As much as I'm sure Francona would have wanted the option, the last thing we needed to see was Contreras pitching last night.

balz1472
07-16-2008, 12:43 PM
To be honest, it would've been nice for Carlos to have a little more time off as well. This is his first full season... he could've used a break for the stretch; at least to help him avoid injuries.

munchman33
07-16-2008, 01:35 PM
To be honest, it would've been nice for Carlos to have a little more time off as well. This is his first full season... he could've used a break for the stretch; at least to help him avoid injuries.

He had the day before and the day after. Three days is a nice break. But for a position player, playing once in a three game span is quite a nice break, even if you are traveling.

TDog
07-16-2008, 04:05 PM
I am very happy the players didn't vote Linebrink in as a reliever.