PDA

View Full Version : All star game joe buck

RockRiversoxfan
07-15-2008, 11:08 PM
for the all star game for the past couple of years why does joe buck always do the starting lineups and not the stadium pa announcer?

aryzner
07-15-2008, 11:14 PM
because he likes to ruin the game for the people at the game as well as the people watching on TV

Railsplitter
07-15-2008, 11:15 PM
I think it's been that wat as long a Fox has been doing the ASG.

SoxyStu
07-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Earlier tonight, when he was doing his apology to Duchscherer, I thought he said he was substituting the P.A. for someone else...

soltrain21
07-15-2008, 11:32 PM
because he likes to ruin the game for the people at the game as well as the people watching on TV

He doesn't make the decision.

itsnotrequired
07-15-2008, 11:55 PM
The Yankee PA announcer is out sick. Some no-name guy Bob Sheppard.

:happybday

pierzynski07
07-16-2008, 12:19 AM
CBS does it for the final four.

Probably negociated in the TV contract.

DSpivack
07-16-2008, 01:48 AM
CBS does it for the final four.

Probably negociated in the TV contract.

The difference being that the Final Four is at a neutral site, while the ASG is at a specific team's stadium.

I thought Gene Honda did the PA at the Final Four, anyway?

Nellie_Fox
07-16-2008, 01:51 AM
The difference being that the Final Four is at a neutral site, while the ASG is at a specific team's stadium.But it's not a Yankees game, it's an MLB game. They're just using Yankee Stadium.

DSpivack
07-16-2008, 01:52 AM
But it's not a Yankees game, it's an MLB game. They're just using Yankee Stadium.

True. I just wish it was anyone but Buck.

Marqhead
07-16-2008, 02:39 AM
This made me laugh out loud.

I hate Joe Buck, but he' everywhere.

itsnotrequired
07-16-2008, 07:39 AM
Didn't any of you watch the game? Had Sheppard not been illing, he would have made the announcements. Joe Buck said as much (unless he is a liar).

kevingrt
07-16-2008, 08:02 AM

Zing!

roylestillman
07-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Have you ever been in a line and haven't noticed how long the wait is until the guy behind you starts whining about it? That guy was Joe Buck last night. Once the starters got off the field, that game turned into a gem, but all you got from Buck was how late it was. I think his final call when Morneau crossed the plate was "Game over 4 hours and 50 minutes."

Sorry we kept you up, Joe.

GAsoxfan
07-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Have you ever been in a line and haven't noticed how long the wait is until the guy behind you starts whining about it? That guy was Joe Buck last night. Once the starters got off the field, that game turned into a gem, but all you got from Buck was how late it was. I think his final call when Morneau crossed the plate was "Game over 4 hours and 50 minutes."

Sorry we kept you up, Joe.

After Joe mentioned the AL didn't have any position players left for the fifth time in ten minutes I put the TV on mute. It made the game much more enjoyable.

PatK
07-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Is it just me, or is his forehead getting even bigger?

They call the forehead of people with big ones a fivehead, but he's at least an eight.

tstrike2000
07-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Buck and McCarver, the dream team from hell.

Sox Supporter
07-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Joe Buck, to me, is a little too young to be suffering from burnout. All he does is incessantly whine during the broadcast of a professional sporting event. I don't think anyone is holding a gun to his head and making him do it. If he does not want to do the games, Fox should find someone that does.

Zisk77
07-16-2008, 01:30 PM
After Joe mentioned the AL didn't have any position players left for the fifth time in ten minutes I put the TV on mute. It made the game much more enjoyable.

And he was initially wrong too. He first said that one Guillen PH for Crede. However Longoria wa still available. Then Longoria was made DH. Technically,Francona could have still put Longorai in the game but then the pitcher would have to bat.

I want Mags back
07-17-2008, 12:19 PM
The Yankee PA announcer is out sick. Some no-name guy Bob Sheppard.

:happybday

Sheppard was there. I could hear him in the background on radio

itsnotrequired
07-17-2008, 12:28 PM

Really? Buck said he was out sick.

JOE LIED, PEOPLE DIED!

hi im skot
07-17-2008, 12:36 PM

Really? Buck said he was out sick.

JOE LIED, PEOPLE DIED!

Yeah, he was there. Maybe Sheppard just couldn't handle doing to entire line-ups (with coaches and reserves) back-to-back...?

itsnotrequired
07-17-2008, 12:37 PM
Yeah, he was there. Maybe Sheppard just couldn't handle doing to entire line-ups (with coaches and reserves) back-to-back...?

i blame selig. also, konerko.