PDA

View Full Version : Bases Loaded hitting


Chisox353014
05-09-2002, 10:36 AM
This is from Paul Sullivan's column today:
The Sox love hitting with the bases loaded, and improved to .500 in that category with Lofton's two-run double. With the bases loaded and less than two outs, the Sox have an astonishing .619 average.
That's almost unbelievable. Anyone know what the record is for team avg. with the bases loaded over a full season?

raul12
05-09-2002, 10:48 AM
The Sox love hitting with the bases loaded, and improved to .500 in that category with Lofton's two-run double. With the bases loaded and less than two outs, the Sox have an astonishing .619 average.

HOLY #@$!@! that's just unbelievable.

Soxboyrob
05-09-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Chisox353014

That's almost unbelievable. Anyone know what the record is for team avg. with the bases loaded over a full season?

What always scares me about hearing that we're hitting .500 w/ the bags juiced is wondering whether we'll keep winning as that number starts to drop down to the "normal" range. Let's hope.

34 Inch Stick
05-09-2002, 11:42 AM
The thing I would like to know is the total number of times the Sox have had the bases loaded this year. It seems like they have it at least once a game. What is the record for AB with the bases loaded by a single team in a year?

Soxboyrob
05-09-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
The thing I would like to know is the total number of times the Sox have had the bases loaded this year. It seems like they have it at least once a game. What is the record for AB with the bases loaded by a single team in a year?

According to ESPN, we've had them loaded 32 times in 33 games. In bases loaded situations, we're hitting:

BA .500
SLG .844
HR's 2
OPS 1.330

Damn good.

Iwritecode
05-09-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
According to ESPN, we've had them loaded 32 times in 33 games.

Geez, this team sucks. A good team would load them every single game they play.

:)