PDA

View Full Version : Twins asking about Beltre?

BlackAndWhite
07-14-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm sure most Twins' fans would be on board with this one: Linky (http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/25130074.html?location_refer=Twins:highlightModule s:1)

A right-handed power-bat Gold-Glove third baseman. What would it take for Seattle to pull the trigger?

Foulke You
07-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Interesting. Would the Twins really take on that much salary though? Beltre has a really fat contract if memory serves. ($12 million per yr I think) Also, haven't the Twinkees been really high on Buscher? Doesn't he play 3B for them?

DumpJerry
07-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Interesting. Would the Twins really take on that much salary though? Beltre has a really fat contract if memory serves. ($12 million per yr I think) Also, haven't the Twinkees been really high on Buscher? Doesn't he play 3B for them?
12M for each of '08 and '09. He's also a Borass client. The only way the cheap as nickels Twins take him is if they can convince the M's to eat 10M of salary for this year and next.

Given that he is a Borass cleint, he probably is a rental. There are no Borass clients on the Twins, MLB or minor league roster. A lot of the 25 man roster guys have no agent listed on Cot's.

palehozenychicty
07-14-2008, 04:17 PM
12M for each of '08 and '09. He's also a Borass client. The only way the cheap as nickels Twins take him is if they can convince the M's to eat 10M of salary for this year and next.

Given that he is a Borass cleint, he probably is a rental. There are no Borass clients on the Twins, MLB or minor league roster. A lot of the 25 man roster guys have no agent listed on Cot's.

:rolling:

So true. Pohlad makes Wirtz look like a drunken sailor.

goofymsfan
07-14-2008, 05:07 PM

Now that we got rid of Bavasi, I don't see the M's doing something that stupid.

FedEx227
07-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Now that we got rid of Bavasi, I don't see the M's doing something that stupid.

Especially since Beltre is at least putting up decent number. You guys had no problem eating Sexson's contract because he was hitting in the low .200 and the Ms were hardly playing him (apparently they didn't get the memo that you obviously can't bench or platoon veterans with low .200 BAs).

goofymsfan
07-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Especially since Beltre is at least putting up decent number. You guys had no problem eating Sexson's contract because he was hitting in the low .200 and the Ms were hardly playing him (apparently they didn't get the memo that you obviously can't bench or platoon veterans with low .200 BAs).

The interim GM is doing what he can to clean up the mess left by Bavasi. Richie should have been released at the end of last year. I have a feeling Richie will end up someplace else and might actually do okay. I think after last year trying to play through an injury he screwed up his swing. Now that the injury has healed, I think it has become mental and a fresh start with a new team would do him good.

DSpivack
07-14-2008, 05:28 PM
The interim GM is doing what he can to clean up the mess left by Bavasi. Richie should have been released at the end of last year. I have a feeling Richie will end up someplace else and might actually do okay. I think after last year trying to play through an injury he screwed up his swing. Now that the injury has healed, I think it has become mental and a fresh start with a new team would do him good.

Supposedly the Yankees are interested in him.

goofymsfan
07-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Supposedly the Yankees are interested in him.

lol If he couldn't handled the pressure in Seattle, I don't think he'll be able to handle it in New York, though I could be mistaken.

Tragg
07-14-2008, 09:19 PM
He's basically Joe Crede, isn't he? He got his money off of a career offensive year (the likes of which Crede never came close to); but that was a few years ago. Crede will probably get around $10 mill.
Twins might give some prospects (which Seattle needs), and let the Mariners take most of the salary - could make sense.