PDA

View Full Version : Interesting stat at break.

LITTLE NELL
07-13-2008, 06:51 PM
I like to keep track of how the Sox do by the week and the month.
So far 3 winning months and over .500 for July.
11 winning weeks(Sun to Sat)
2 losing weeks
2 .500 weeks.
Though these guys have perplexed me more than any Sox team in awhile they have been consistantly pretty good but they could have been damn good.

Tragg
07-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Though these guys have perplexed me more than any Sox team in awhile they have been consistantly pretty good but they could have been damn good.
Maybe that's reality...the Sox are "pretty good" but not "damn good".

If everyone had a good year, we'd be damn good. But perhaps that's unrealistic considering the age of players and natural cycle of things.

doublem23
07-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Maybe that's reality...the Sox are "pretty good" but not "damn good".

Well, they still are only 2 1/2 games off the pace of the best record in baseball (Cubs/Angels) and since May 14, they have baseball's best record at 35-19.

If "damn good" is a relative term, I'd say they are.

veeter
07-13-2008, 07:45 PM
I agree they are a confusing team. But their pitching can be great, which makes them dangerous. If Ozzie can keep that #5 spot (Jose) together with tape and mirrors, the Sox will ease to the division IMO. He just better let that great defensive line-up play a bit, and not go down with Paulie, if he continues to sink.

Lip Man 1
07-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Veeter:

Maybe this is just semantics but I can't see them "easing" to anything unless they play better on the road and they would have to do extremely well in Minnesota (which is always tough for them...)

I think they can win the division, but "easing" to a title? Long shot at best.

Lip

SoxandtheCityTee
07-13-2008, 08:28 PM
If the Sox take both series at home after the break, which seems doable, and do no worse than avoiding sweeps at Comerica and the TrashBag Dome, they'll still have 60 wins at the end of July. True, that might mean the Twinkies overtake them for a while in first, but I don't think it will be for long, if it happens.

If the Sox can go 3-4 or 4-3 on that DET-MIN road trip, even better.

In August & September the Sox have 30 home games (counting the BAL game) and 25 on the road. They can get into the low 90s in wins. Will that be enough? Stay tuned.

ondafarm
07-13-2008, 09:52 PM
The Sox have seven games left against Minnesota, all at the Metrodome. My prediction is that if the Sox win two of them, then the Sox will win the division. The Twins have to play more games on the road than at home for the remainder of the season (37 road, 31 home), while the Sox have 36 at home and 33 on the road (that counts the Baltimore suspended game as a home game, but the regularly scheduled game which follows as a road game). This should mark a significant advantage for the White Sox. The only dome games the Sox have left are the 7 against the Twins.

kitekrazy
07-14-2008, 01:15 AM
The Sox have seven games left against Minnesota, all at the Metrodome. My prediction is that if the Sox win two of them, then the Sox will win the division.

The Twins are tough for anyone when they are at home.

Railsplitter
07-14-2008, 08:22 AM
This has been one weird season. The Sox have looked just plain awful in some of thier losses, but still lead the division.