PDA

View Full Version : Nationals' Fan Killed

Hitmenof77
07-13-2008, 03:14 AM
A Nationals' fan was killed while he was standing on top of the opened-top doubledeck bus, and the bus was going under an overpass.

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080712&content_id=3122713&vkey=news_was&fext=.jsp&c_id=was

whitesox901
07-13-2008, 03:38 AM
so if you sit down your okay? but since they stud up they got hit? I dont mean to be insensitive, but I dont fully understand what happend, I mean I know they hit there heads on an overpass

A. Cavatica
07-13-2008, 12:24 PM
What will this mean for their victory parade?

Optipessimism
07-13-2008, 01:15 PM
so if you sit down your okay? but since they stud up they got hit? I dont mean to be insensitive, but I dont fully understand what happend, I mean I know they hit there heads on an overpass
I think if standing up kills you then sitting down is too close as it is. I doubt they'll be running anymore buses.

DSpivack
07-13-2008, 01:24 PM
I think if standing up kills you then sitting down is too close as it is. I doubt they'll be running anymore buses.

Double-decker ones, anyway.

Hitmenof77
07-13-2008, 03:12 PM

What will this mean for their victory parade?

Typical ******* WSI response.

Yes, dumb ass, try hitting your head on an underpass while going 25 mph.

LongLiveFisk
07-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Interesting...I was just in DC this weekend and when I saw the news report on Friday I thought I heard them say that it happened to two tourists, not two people going to the Nats game (unless they happened to be two tourists who just happened to be going to the Nats game). Pretty sad.

South Side Irish
07-13-2008, 10:00 PM

Kind of what I was thinking... that means the overpass must have been only 2 feet above their heads in the first place. Someone's going to get sued, unless there was clear, repeated warnings not to stand. People move around those buses all the time to get a better photo, see something of interest, or talk to someone.

Hokiesox
07-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Double-decker ones, anyway.

They've announced a route change. I drive past the RFK parking lot every day on my way home and see those busses. Sad story.