PDA

View Full Version : Titletown... What a joke!

Rockman218
07-12-2008, 11:01 PM
The titletown coverage for chicago was bogus. The montage they showed mentioned the 85' Bears obviously. It mentioned Jordan and the Bulls of course. :smile:

But, when it get's to baseball the narrator says, "Chicago is a day game in the bleachers, Ivey in the outfield, etc. Chicago is home to 5 World Series titles...":?:

Then the video shows the world series trophy being held up in 2005, but they don't once mention the White Sox, or the 2005 season that gave Chicago it's last championship. :mad:

And to cap it all off, all coverage for titletown was done on a rooftop by Wrigley Field. :angry:

It's gonna be all the more sweeter when we win it all this year.:gulp:

RadioheadRocks
07-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Would we really expect anything else from the same network that did not mention the White Sox AT ALL during their "50 Cities in 50 Days" feature they did DURING THE '05 SEASON???

34rancher
07-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Then people wonder why we have a "complex". We just want our due.
Let's just win it again to shove it down their throat. :cool:

NDSox12
07-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Not that Chicago has any chance to win this silly competition anyway, but trying to make the case while filming the segment at the home of a team that hasn't won a title in 100 years is probably the nail in the coffin.

sodfatherjunior
07-12-2008, 11:53 PM
I give the cubune some credit for actually taking a poll wondering why this was taped in wrigley but yeah at the same time........who cares???......just another stupid ESPN funfest towards their east coast biased no matter the votes, it's going to Boston, if I could find the "who cares" icon i'd put it up but I can't somebody help me out here.

Frontman
07-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Honestly, if the shoe was on the other foot and the Cubs had won in 2005 and we as Sox fans were still waiting? I would still be bugged. Obviously Chicago isn't going to win "Titletown USA" (I'm more concerned on "who's now" in sports.....) but give some credit where credit is due, eh?

chaerulez
07-13-2008, 01:17 AM
The fact that this stupid Sportscenter segment includes college towns makes it a joke to begin with. How can you compare the titles in Chapel Hill all from a single university to a city like Miami which has had recent titles from the Heat and Marlins plus a college tradition with the Hurricanes? You can't. It's silly. Just like "Who's Now" and the other pointless crap the network tries to come up with to be "hip".

october23sp
07-13-2008, 01:38 AM
:whocares
Is that what you were lookin for sodfatherjunior?

07-13-2008, 01:46 AM
Half the video at the end included us. What the heck are you talking about? Ditka said "Sox" like 6 times. What do you want? :scratch:

johnnyg83
07-13-2008, 02:17 AM
Ditka did give love to the Sox and there was a lot of shots of the Sox in 05 at the end. But who cares? Titletown? You think NY cares if they're titletown? It's a small town grab at glory ... Chicago is CozMOpolitan and global.

No out of touch cable channel gonna define us.

Law11
07-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Not that Chicago has any chance to win this silly competition anyway, but trying to make the case while filming the segment at the home of a team that hasn't won a title in 100 years is probably the nail in the coffin.

I was thinking the same thing. If not USCF film it at Soldier Field or in front of the Jordan Statue..

JUribe1989
07-14-2008, 04:09 PM
The best thing about Titletown is that they've legitimately tried to convince people that Green Bay, WI (home of one professional team) and Stanford, CA (home of ZERO professional teams) are contenders. Titletown is laughable how stupid it is. It's worse than Who's Now?

Palehose Pete
07-14-2008, 04:30 PM
I give the cubune some credit for actually taking a poll wondering why this was taped in wrigley but yeah at the same time........who cares???......just another stupid ESPN funfest towards their east coast biased no matter the votes, it's going to Boston, if I could find the "who cares" icon i'd put it up but I can't somebody help me out here.

Well put.

Mohoney
07-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Titletown is nothing more than an excuse to give Boston even more ass kissing than usual.

gobears1987
07-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Wrigley Field is actually an appropriate place to shoot Titletown USA as a certain Chicago team won 8 of their 9 championships during the 50 year period they called Wrigley Field home.

DSpivack
07-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Wrigley Field is actually an appropriate place to shoot Titletown USA as a certain Chicago team won 8 of their 9 championships during the 50 year period they called Wrigley Field home.

That's nice, but this isn't Sportscenter as brought to you by Howard Cosell. This is 2008. The Bears haven't played there in nearly 40 years.