PDA

View Full Version : *Official* "That blowed up REAL good!" 7/12/08 Postgame Thread

Viva Medias B's
07-12-2008, 10:35 PM
:winner

No, the thread's title is not about the game itself. Instead, it's a tribute to tonight's 29th anniversary of Disco Demolition Night. The victory ensures that we will be in first place heading into the break.

Sockinchisox
07-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Missile for GG at 2nd.

Johnny Danks was awesome.

Paulie power!

JB98
07-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Scary, scary. But Danks pitched well. Thome and Konerko mashed, and we have at least a .500 trip.

I'll put my heart back in my chest now.

Jenks threw today with no pain. We miss the big fella, obviously.

johnnyg83
07-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Good win. The end was sloppy, but Texas is a sinkhole.

Patrick134
07-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Scary, scary. But Danks pitched well. Thome and Konerko mashed, and we have at least a .500 trip.

I'll put my heart back in my chest now.

Jenks threw today with no pain. We miss the big fella, obviously.

Thornton threw awesome. They had a bloop hit on a great inside pitch, and another on Kinsler's broken bat.

S.Evans14
they had it in the bag and almost lost it.

but they won!!
great play to end the game by ramirez!!!

ElevenUp
I still can't believe Alexei made that play. I woke my kids up with my yelling after that play by Alexei and Swish's stretch.

34rancher
07-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Alexei might be the best find for the sox since Tad Iguchi. Whichever scout found him, thank you and keep up the good work!!! Just to think that his natural position in SS...WOW, am I glad he is on our team.

October26
What a game! As SoxGirl4Life would say - too much drama. Kudos to the Sox for hanging on to win this one. I was scared. Great defensive play by Alexei and a fantastic stretch by Swisher to end the game. Sox win! Sox win! Wow! :bandance:

NU Nish 13
Don't want to be premature with the "Paulie's Back" train, but he sure looked great tonight. What a play by Alexei and Swish to end that game...WOW. Hawk nearly had a stroke.

JB98
Thornton threw awesome. They had a bloop hit on a great inside pitch, and another on Kinsler's broken bat.

I still look forward to having Jenks back to pitch ninth innings.

UofCSoxFan
I still can't believe Alexei made that play. I woke my kids up with my yelling after that play by Alexei and Swish's stretch.

You got to love Hawk angrily calling it a base hit only to have Alexei spear it.

A great stretch by Swisher as well. If Konerko keeps hitting you obviously need him in there....but Swisher's D at first with Anderson in CF is such a huge upgrade defensively, there is no reason they shouldn't be in those spots in the eighth on when we have a lead.

manders_01
07-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Cheeses: In response to your question in the game thread, Lexei stole a base hit and Swish had to lay down to make the out. Head over to the Sox website, this will be a highlight.

Glad to see the Sox come out on top! :bandance:

NDSox12
Another great start from Danks. It got a bit dicey at the end, but fortunately the offense was able to scratch out enough runs to get the win.

Hats off to Konerko. Hopefully we'll see a lot of games like that from him in the second half.

PeteWard
Texas pulls this **** on everyone. Ask LA and NY. They have the hitters and they know it, so putting them away is very tough.

No complaints from me, the way this bullpen has pitched this year and witht Jenks out

It is a privilege to watch Alexei play this game.:bandance:

Frater Perdurabo
Good to get this win.

Sometimes the ball is flying. When that happens, you just have to hope your pitchers can just throw strikes and work through it, and that your hitters can take advantage of the conditions.

Tonight the Sox did both. It's good to know the Sox are capable of winning pitchers duels and slug-fests. It's really good that Quentin has turned things on again and that Thome is heating up. Good night by Paulie, too. As long as two of the middle of the order hitters are hot at any given time, this offense can be productive; Crede is really struggling at the dish right now.

johnnyg83
07-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Alexei might be the best find for the sox since Tad Iguchi. Whichever scout found him, thank you and keep up the good work!!! Just to think that his natural position in SS...WOW, am I glad he is on our team.

Iguchi was an unbelievable find, a great piece to the puzzle. Alexei looks to me like he could be the solution to the puzzle.

UofCSoxFan

No offense to Iguchi, but but I think Alexei has a chance to be 10 times the player he is.

The fact that NO ONE was interested in Alexei is amazing.

WhiteSox5187
Boy, we miss Bobby! But Thornton did look good, just got a couple of cheap hits against him. And what can I say about Alexei???

PeteWard

I think you can do better than that. I would say since Frank Thomas. No teal.

JGarlandrules20
Sexy 'Lexei! :tongue:

I like how the cameraman all ready started to angle the camera to center on that play, hah. And then he comes out of nowhere.

I only saw that last inning, and I was about to turn it off since I felt like bad luck.

october23sp
Cuban Missile FTW:bandance::bandance:

October26
07-12-2008, 10:43 PM
You got to love Hawk angrily calling it a base hit only to have Alexei spear it.

A great stretch by Swisher as well. If Konerko keeps hitting you obviously need him in there....but Swisher's D at first with Anderson in CF is such a huge upgrade defensively, there is no reason they shouldn't be in those spots in the eighth on when we have a lead.

Agreed - and kudos to our manager, Ozzie Guillen for these key substitutions.

Frater Perdurabo
07-12-2008, 10:43 PM

It's really a plus to have a CF like Anderson to help cover those massive gaps in Arlington.

07-12-2008, 10:44 PM
No offense to Iguchi, but but I think Alexei has a chance to be 10 times the player he is.

Interestingly enough, the guy who did all the legwork on Alexei Ramirez was Dave Wilder. Wilder was sent to scout him and recommended the White Sox sign him.

SoxGirl4Life
07-12-2008, 10:44 PM
What a game! As SoxGirl4Life would say - too much drama. Kudos to the Sox for hanging on to win this one. I was scared. Great defensive play by Alexei and a fantastic stretch by Swisher to end the game. Sox win! Sox win! Wow! :bandance:

TOO much drama! lol.. I was scared too.

But they HAD to win. My son is down in Texas for the summer with his dad and they went to tonight's game. He would have been crushed if they lost!

russ99
07-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Good to see Paul go 4-4 and hit one out too. :D:

Danks was lights out, even more impressive considering the Rangers lineup.

Alexei, is there anything he can't do? Well, except not get picked off by lefties... :tongue: He'll get there, though.

He really impressed me at the plate today, nice steal too despite the bad throw. He might be that elusive lead-off guy a year or so down the road.

I officially nominate that last play for double web-gem of the first half.

october23sp
07-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Boy, we miss Bobby! But Thornton did look good, just got a couple of cheap hits against him. And what can I say about Alexei???

I'm not so sure this was a situation for Bobby...Maybe only after what Thornton did himself but I don't know if Bobby comes in before that.

johnnyg83
Small point about Alexei on Saltamifrenchfries double in the ninth ... he hustles and almost beats JD to the ball ...

SoxGirl4Life

Those defensive subs were huge.

October26
07-12-2008, 10:47 PM

Remember that it is not possible to scout players in the Cuban leagues, so the fact the Jose Contreras and Alexei Ramirez played on the Pinar del Rio team and also the Cuban national team really helped. Jose and Alexei also now have the same agent, I believe. I'm sure Jose put in a good word for Alexei with Kenny Williams and I'm so glad he did. :bandance: I know all Sox fans are happy about this too!

Tragg
07-12-2008, 10:47 PM

Agree
Iguchi plugged a hole and plugged it well.
Alexei could be a great player (he also plugged a hole well, too)
Good win - we dominated most of this game. Texas and Seattle are the two places that make me the most nervous for the Sox (at Safeco, where I have seen the Sox play more than anyplace else, I sport an incredible 0-10 record)

DumpJerry
07-12-2008, 10:50 PM
That would be his former teammate who told KW to sign him: Jose Contreras.

october23sp
07-12-2008, 10:50 PM
With Alexie's speed and the Sox's new way of playing baseball could this second half be reminisent of the 05 Sox First Half?

johnnyg83
07-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Agree
Iguchi plugged a hole and plugged it well.
Alexei could be a great player (he also plugged a hole well, too)
Good win - we dominated most of this game. Texas and Seattle are the two places that make me the most nervous for the Sox (at Safeco, where I have seen the Sox play more than anyplace else, I sport an incredible 0-10 record)

I'll buy you three nights of tickets to Smurfs on Ice next time we're in Seattle.

Frater Perdurabo
07-12-2008, 10:51 PM
I think you can do better than that. I would say since Frank Thomas. No teal.

I think Alexei is the most well-rounded player the Sox have had in a long time, perhaps since the pre-injury Harold Baines. (Harold obviously had more power while Alexei has more speed.)

Thomas obviously was a much better hitter because he could hit for such high average and such high power, and also had such a fantastic eye. But clearly Alexei is a fantastic defender at an important defensive position, and I've heard from several sources that he's the best defensive shortstop on the team.

Maybe Alexei is a modern-day Minnie Minoso?

Tragg
07-12-2008, 10:53 PM
I'll buy you three nights of tickets to Smurfs on Ice next time we're in Seattle.
LOL
One time that I was there, the Sox were in town for 3. The Sox won 2/3. I only went to 1 game - guess which one?
I remember watching Navarro walking like 5 straight for a walkoff loss in the Kingdome. (we were using him out of the pen at the time).

chidonez
07-12-2008, 10:54 PM

Haha! Is that what they're called these days? My poor old man is a season ticket holder.

RadioheadRocks
07-12-2008, 10:55 PM

Only if Gargamel literally puts the Smurfs ON ICE!!! :D:

October26
07-12-2008, 10:56 PM
I think Alexei is the most well-rounded player the Sox have had in a long time, perhaps since the pre-injury Harold Baines. (Harold obviously had more power while Alexei has more speed.)

Thomas obviously was a much better hitter because he could hit for such high average and such high power, and also had such a fantastic eye. But clearly Alexei is a fantastic defender at an important defensive position, and I've heard from several sources that he's the best defensive shortstop on the team.

It's funny you mention this because I had a conversation with my father not too long ago about this very subject. My dad is the same age as Orestes Minoso and saw him play in Cuba and also in the US.

My dad said he thinks that:

Orestes Minoso had more power than Alexei.
Alexei has more speed and appears to be a better defensive player so far.
Both are similar in their aggresive approach to the game of baseball.So yes, to answer your point I think Alexei could be a modern-day Orestes Minoso. :D:

34rancher
07-12-2008, 10:57 PM
That would be his former teammate who told KW to sign him: Jose Contreras.

I say have Kenny offer him a scout job now then. Heck, Joe Louis is a 110 years old.

October26
07-12-2008, 10:57 PM
TOO much drama! lol.. I was scared too.

But they HAD to win. My son is down in Texas for the summer with his dad and they went to tonight's game. He would have been crushed if they lost!

lol... So glad your son got to see this White Sox winner!

october23sp
07-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Alexie's play wasn't a Web Gem:scratch:

RadioheadRocks
07-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Anyone else watching tonight's game on Fox Sports Southwest catch Ric Renner on the Toyota Game Break during the 7th inning stretch? I mean what was up with that HAIR???

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/1532389_36_2.jpg

I mean it was even wilder than this picture!

Carolina Kenny
07-12-2008, 11:01 PM

He currently is the best Cuban born player in MLB. He is first in line for the 2008 Minnie Minoso Award.

TDog
07-12-2008, 11:03 PM
I still look forward to having Jenks back to pitch ninth innings.

I'm still in the process of cooking an elaborate dinner, but can take time to nite that I don't think it's about needing Jenks to close as much as it is the bullpen needing some rest. Unfortunately, Contreras will be pitching in 100 degree heat Sunday afternoon

Brian26
07-12-2008, 11:09 PM

Same here...that play deserved a YES!

cburns
07-12-2008, 11:13 PM
I don't think it's about needing Jenks to close as much as it is the bullpen needing some rest.

Hasn't the Sox bullpen pitched the least amount of innings in the major leagues? They got the night off last night for the most part, and did not really log that many innings the night before in KC. They are just leaving pitches over the plate.

thomas35forever
07-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Wish the ninth was more pretty, but I'll take it. We maintain our lead on the Twinkies.

Lip Man 1
07-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Ugly, UGLY game this evening as every single game has been on this road trip but a win is a win is a win.

At least a split on the road and a guarantee of being in first place during this late All Star Break.

Mark Gonzales of the Tribune is now reporting that Ozzie talked about making changes if Konerko doesn't start hitting on a regular basis. Said he's move Swisher to first and platoon Anderson and Wise in center field. Story says Ozzie "hates" to do this but he has to look at the good of the team first before an individual.

Jenks threw pain free before the game and heads out on a rehab assignment Monday.

Texas is throwing another "no-name" pitcher Sunday. Dare we hope to take the series 2-1?

Lip

SoxGirl4Life
07-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Wish the ninth was more pretty, but I'll take it. We maintain our lead on the Twinkies.

That Texas lineup is no joke. I knew we'd need a ton of runs going into the bottom of the ninth.

Tomorrow, we need to score 15!

Brian26
07-12-2008, 11:18 PM
I like Hawk Harrelson more than anyone, but my one pet peeve with him is that he finds a topic and has to beat it into the ground for an entire series, usually becoming more sensationalistic with each game.

This weekend's topic has been how fast the field plays at Arlington. Last night it wasn't too bad, as he mentioned it only about 18 times.

Tonight, the legend has grown tenfold.

:hawk
"No pitchers want to play in Arlington because of the fast field. It's the fastest field I've ever seen. A 9-run lead isn't safe on this field. No infielder can get to any groundball with two feet of them. Tampa Bay has field-turf, but Arlington plays faster. Pauly couldn't score on that single because the field plays so fast. It's like a pool table. It's lot a sandlot. It's lot a concrete parking lot...."

october23sp
07-12-2008, 11:20 PM
I like Hawk Harrelson more than anyone, but my one pet peeve with him is that he finds a topic and has to beat it into the ground for an entire series, usually becoming more sensationalistic with each game.

This weekend's topic has been how fast the field plays at Arlington. Last night it wasn't too bad, as he mentioned it only about 18 times.

"No pitchers want to play in Arlington because of the fast field. It's the fastest field I've ever seen. A 9-run lead isn't safe on this field. No infielder can get to any groundball with two feet of them. Tampa Bay has field-turf, but Arlington plays faster. Pauly couldn't score on that single because the field plays so fast. It's like a pool table. It's lot a sandlot. It's lot a concrete parking lot...."

BUT hes right.

ilsox7
07-12-2008, 11:20 PM

Don't forget that it's the fault of the umpires that the field is this fast.

voodoochile
07-12-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm still in the process of cooking an elaborate dinner, but can take time to nite that I don't think it's about needing Jenks to close as much as it is the bullpen needing some rest. Unfortunately, Contreras will be pitching in 100 degree heat Sunday afternoon

Yeah, I'd seriously doubt the scheduling skills of the person who schedules any game for a 2PM local start time in Arlington in mid-July. Hey, let's play during the hottest three hours of the day. What a great idea...:rolleyes:

Ah well...

I think this is kind of what KW envisioned offensively when he put this team together last winter. Of course I doubt even he saw TCQ taking over the 3-hole, but Dye-Thome-Konerko back to back to back is a solid middle of the order no matter what order they bat in, provided they all hit up to their career standards (If PK makes it to his 3 year average by the end of the season, you can start printing playoff tickets because he will have to go on an otherworldly tear to do so). Scuffling banged up tired Sox bullpen and a scrappy hot Texas offense made this game closer than it should have been. Still, I'll take 9 runs and take my chances any day of the week.

:winner

:supernana: :bandance:

:)

TDog
07-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Hasn't the Sox bullpen pitched the least amount of innings in the major leagues? They got the night off last night for the most part, and did not really log that many innings the night before in KC. They are just leaving pitches over the plate.

They were so good in large part because they weren't overworked. I believe Linebrink wasn't available tonight because he has been overworked. I read where he was unavailable last night. The more a bullpen works, not just in innings but in games with all the preparation that entails, the less effective it's going to be.

I'm sure if you ask Ozzie Guillen, he would tell you the bullpen is overworked.

BoysMom3
07-12-2008, 11:38 PM
I absolutely love Swish at 1st, Alexei and 2nd, and OC at SS. Good stuff right there. That last play was amazing!!!

Noneck
07-12-2008, 11:44 PM
This Ranger team sure can hit, if they get some pitching they will have to be reckoned with in the future.

Its nice to have a left handed 1st baseman.

Hope AJ is really OK. Who backs up Hall tomorrow? Super sub Uribe?

PeoriaSoxFan
07-12-2008, 11:46 PM
I would love to see another win tomorrow, but Jose has been crap as of late; combine that with the Texas offense and I believe we will need to score some runs tomorrow. We have to be happy with where we are at overall. I hope the break cools down the Twins. It is really impressive that we are still in first considering the torrid pace they are on. go Sox.

Optipessimism
07-12-2008, 11:52 PM

Defensively I'd definitely agree. Offensively I hope Alexei can contribute as much as Iguchi did. Either way, Alexei looks to be the solution at SS with that D.

I hope Richar takes 2B next year with Alexei moving to SS because man, that will be a sick, sick defensive MIF.

cheezheadsoxfan
07-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Cheeses: In response to your question in the game thread, Lexei stole a base hit and Swish had to lay down to make the out. Head over to the Sox website, this will be a highlight.

Glad to see the Sox come out on top! :bandance:

Thanks, I was stuck at work with no TV or radio. I hate missing great plays like that, I'm a defense junkie.:cool:

Boy, what a pleasure to see Paulie & Thome hitting like that. Seems ages since they've gone back-to-back. I sure look forward to Bobby coming back but I'm the second most comfortable with Thornton out there. He has that deceptively laid back delivery then comes the 98 mph heat. Let's take the series tomorrow

Optipessimism
07-12-2008, 11:55 PM
BUT hes right.
Yes he is. The ball was shooting through the infield like they were playing on the street.

Noneck
07-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Yes he is. The ball was shooting through the infield like they were playing on the street.
Some of those 2nd hops looked like they were playing with a superball.

cheezheadsoxfan
07-13-2008, 12:00 AM

Thats funny, I was thinking of Minnie tonight too.

Cuck the Fubs
07-13-2008, 12:06 AM
What a game...........

Danks pitched fantastic, Konerko got himself pointed in the right direction, Thome continues his hitting, and Alexei, oh my god.....this guy is AMAZING!
Swisher's stretch was unreal as well.

I know everyone thinks we should be whooping Texas, but damn they have got some serious hitting down there in a very favorable hitters park.

Tomorrow could be rough with Jose out there, but let's hope he turns it around, and we complete the first half with another W.

On a side note, I love the defense in the late innings. I also think we are getting a sneak peek into 2009. I really think Swish is going to assume 1st next year, and I think Anderson gets the nod in CF with Konerko moving onto the DH role.

We'll worry about that next year, in the meantime, let's keep our eyes on the 2008 prize!!!!!

Good to hear AJ is okay and Bobby is on the mend!

Railsplitter
07-13-2008, 12:07 AM
Yee Hah! Time for a banana hoedown.
:bandance:

Frater Perdurabo
07-13-2008, 12:27 AM
Yeah, I'd seriously doubt the scheduling skills of the person who schedules any game for a 2PM local start time in Arlington in mid-July. Hey, let's play during the hottest three hours of the day. What a great idea...:rolleyes:

The Dallas-Fort Worth area is expecting a significant cool down tomorrow: highs only in the low to mid-90s (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/071308dnmetweather.4c3206fa.html).

The point remains, though, that this being the last game before the All-Star break, it would be one time where it's OK if the "getaway day" game is a night game.

I made a point in the game thread about Rangers fans being pissed that they thought Paulie kicked an extra point when he homered, and therefore they threw the ball back. I guess it either wasn't funny or no one got it, but the point I was trying to make is that Rangers fans generally are baseball idiots because they are so much more interested in football. After all, this is time of year is exciting: high school football two-a-days! That's why Rangers fans like high-scoring baseball games; it reminds them of football scores. Today the Sox won with a TD, a PAT and a safety, while the Rangers only scored a TD and a PAT. Good thing the Sox won the battle in the trenches today and controlled the line of scrimage.
:kukoo:
The bottom line is that with a fan base as inept as the Rangers have, and with an organization as inept at developing pitchers as the Rangers are, should we really be surprised that they schedule day games during the summer, and that Rangers fans attend?

KnightSox
07-13-2008, 12:32 AM
Great outing by Danks, and is Alexei really this good?

Noneck
07-13-2008, 12:37 AM
The point remains, though, that this being the last game before the All-Star break, it would be one time where it's OK if the "getaway day" game is a night game.

Isn't there some kind of rule that you can not have a Sunday night game due to Sunday night baseball?

Frater Perdurabo
07-13-2008, 12:38 AM
Isn't there some kind of rule that you can not have a Sunday night game due to Sunday night baseball?

I'm sure there is some kind of asinine rule like that.

Hitmen77
07-13-2008, 12:42 AM
IIRC, years ago the Rangers regularly played Sunday games at night because of the heat. Of course, this was before the advent of ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball.

Hitmen77
07-13-2008, 12:48 AM
Now, let's take tomorrow's game and make it a great 4-2 road trip heading into the break.

To be honest, I'm not too hopeful for tomorrow. The way Jose has been pitching and the way Texas can hit, it could be very, very ugly. Plus, Texas is throwing one of those pitchers we've never seen before (known to the Sox as "Cy Young clones"). But.....you never know - let's get 'em tomorrow.

soxwon
07-13-2008, 12:49 AM
Just another win in the path of winning it all. 2008
its not surprising to me, its all falling in place, as i expected.
some have had doubts, i for one have never doubted we would win it all in 08
come join the club my friends-NO SURRENDER.

october23sp
07-13-2008, 01:12 AM
Just another win in the path of winning it all. 2008
its not surprising to me, its all falling in place, as i expected.
some have had doubts, i for one have never doubted we would win it all in 08
come join the club my friends-NO SURRENDER.

I'll join your club when the Twins finally cool down.

Cuck the Fubs
07-13-2008, 01:33 AM
I'll join your club when the Twins finally cool down.

I'd rather have the Twins keep the heat on, the Indians putting the squeeze on us worked wonders in the 05 postseason!

october23sp
07-13-2008, 01:35 AM
I'd rather have the Twins keep the heat on, the Indians putting the squeeze on us worked wonders in the 05 postseason!

If they stay this hot we won't see the post season. I don't want them to not challenge us but they can stop surging and over achieving for a bit to give us a cushion.

ArkanSox
07-13-2008, 01:36 AM
A great effort again by Danks. I was glad that men LOB early in the game didn't come back to haunt us this time. The Rangers can thump too, and they've been as hot as the Sox over the past month. Someone mentioned earlier that if they get better pitching, they're gonna be a force to be reckoned with. I think they all ready are. Hopefully, Contreras and his splitter will silence them tomorrow.

I was relieved and pumped to see PK have such a great game. I know that we're all looking for a big second half from him and Thome. If we can get continued production from them and Dye, we can dominate even if other players like Swisher, CQ, or Crede go into a funk.

Alexei, what can you say? What a great player. It's hard to conceive that he's still adjusting to a new league and a new country. Maybe the Cuban Missile is the second coming of the Cuban Comet. Or even a new improved version? We will enjoy watching and can only continue to hope.

WhiteSoxBlog
07-13-2008, 02:02 AM

I can't even imagine what would've happened to the score had they not put those two in CF and 1B!

The Dude
07-13-2008, 03:29 AM
Danks is a stud, Thome is really heating up, PK got some hits....Overall solid game!:bandance:

RadioheadRocks
07-13-2008, 03:35 AM
If they stay this hot we won't see the post season. I don't want them to not challenge us but they can stop surging and over achieving for a bit to give us a cushion.
:chickenlittle

TDog
07-13-2008, 03:41 AM
I'm sure there is some kind of asinine rule like that.

A quick look at the schedule shows Texas is scheduled to host the Blue Jays at 7:05 p.m. local time on Sunday, Aug. 3. The Phillies game in St. Louis that Sunday is scheduled to begin at 7:05 p.m., and it will be televised on ESPN. And the Blue Jays go home after the game to host the A's on Monday night.

whitesox901
07-13-2008, 04:26 AM
missed the game due to work, but the ending from my white sox text alerts seemed skaky, good win, Texas and Oakland always seems to have our number

southside rocks
07-13-2008, 09:16 AM
I could have done without the drama of the bottom of the 9th! :mg: I will be SO glad to see Bobby Jenks back out there after the break.

Great game by Danks, he has been so impressive from day one, even given that he struggled the second half of last year. Someone on Baseball Tonight was giving him props last night, saying that since he developed the cutter this year he's been seriously nasty.

Glad AJ didn't get a broken bone out of that plunking. I don't think the team can afford to be without him, although Hall is a better backup catcher than many.

It would make my weekend if the Sox could win the series from Texas today! :D:

itsnotrequired
07-13-2008, 09:57 AM
fire Greg Walker

MCHSoxFan
07-13-2008, 10:58 AM
With Alexie's speed and the Sox's new way of playing baseball could this second half be reminisent of the 05 Sox First Half?

Oh boy! I sure hope so! Please guys! Please!

Frater Perdurabo
07-13-2008, 11:28 AM
A quick look at the schedule shows Texas is scheduled to host the Blue Jays at 7:05 p.m. local time on Sunday, Aug. 3. The Phillies game in St. Louis that Sunday is scheduled to begin at 7:05 p.m., and it will be televised on ESPN. And the Blue Jays go home after the game to host the A's on Monday night.

Figures.

Maybe ESPN really wants to show that Rangers-Jays matchup on Sunday Night Baseball!

TDog
07-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Ugly, UGLY game this evening as every single game has been on this road trip but a win is a win is a win. ...

There is no such thing as an ugly White Sox win.