PDA

View Full Version : Irritating trend in crowd behavior

Max Power
05-08-2002, 07:02 PM
Why do people who sit behind home plate (or other seats that are visible on TV) feel the need to call all their friends that are watching the game on TV and wave when they are visible on the screen?

I saw people doing this at The Ballpark at Arlington during the game the other night. I also saw like the whole section behind home plate doing it there during a game on ESPN a couple weeks ago. Then I see a couple guys doing it during the Cubs game today- no surprise from those fans. Perhaps most irritating was seeing some kid sitting courtside at Game 1 of the Lakers- Spurs series waving like an idiot to his loser friends.

People should be kicked out of the stadium for stuff like that.

MarqSox
05-08-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Max Power
Why do people who sit behind home plate (or other seats that are visible on TV) feel the need to call all their friends that are watching the game on TV and wave when they are visible on the screen?

I saw people doing this at The Ballpark at Arlington during the game the other night. I also saw like the whole section behind home plate doing it there during a game on ESPN a couple weeks ago. Then I see a couple guys doing it during the Cubs game today- no surprise from those fans. Perhaps most irritating was seeing some kid sitting courtside at Game 1 of the Lakers- Spurs series waving like an idiot to his loser friends.

People should be kicked out of the stadium for stuff like that.

It's not exactly a new trend ...

Max Power
05-08-2002, 08:15 PM
Very true. I should have said "increasing" rather than "new".

MattSharp
05-08-2002, 08:16 PM
I don't mind the waving. But the waving and cell phone is lame. I mean waving to your friends is an old trend. I think thats ok, but waving while on the phone you look like a chump...

EDIT: Btw, I am sure not that I said this, next time I am on my phone at the game I am sure I will be on TV....

BackInBlack
05-08-2002, 09:52 PM
On another note, did you see the girls in the stands who came to watch their Texas Rangers play ball? After that, I had to play a little pocket pool myself. lol, j/k :-P

bc2k
05-09-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by BackInBlack
On another note, did you see the girls in the stands who came to watch their Texas Rangers play ball? After that, I had to play a little pocket pool myself. lol, j/k :-P

Good call BackInBlack . I was watching those girls in the background of every right handed (pun intended) batter. Unfortunately I didn't get a good look at those Texas hotties after the rain delay.

Yeah Max Power those cell phone wavers have to stop. It was really bad this series in Texas. They should just ban cell phones of the fans sitting in the first few rows.

LuvChiSox
05-09-2002, 08:33 AM
A lot of those dolts on the cell phones are self-important losers. But perhaps it is someone calling them rather than the other way around....and the person on the other end said--"I can see you on TV--wave to me". Too bad everyone else thinks they look idiotic.

Nellie_Fox
05-09-2002, 10:59 AM
I saw a game recently where a girl behind home plate was concerned with nothing else. Every time she would appear on camera, she was slumped forward with her head on her arm against the seat in front of her, holding the cell phone to her ear, not even looking toward the field. Then her head would pop up and she's start waving, as the person on the other end had obviously alerted her that the camera was on her.

After all, getting on TV means you're important. Just like the goofs who jump in behind TV reporters to grin like idiots and wave. Brad Hall had a "sniglet" name for them: remotants.