PDA

View Full Version : A Conversation with Jack McDowell

Gregory Pratt
07-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Hi guys.

I wrote this for BaseballEvolution.com and am sharing it with the two White Sox communities I am a member of. Hope you enjoy it!

A Conversation with Jack McDowell (http://baseballevolution.com/gregory/blackjack)

I, uh, pasted it but it's too long for that, so I guess you'll have to click it to read it. I recommend you do because I think it's a good article about a great former Sox.

AzureJazzMan
07-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Thank you for the interview, I think that you have developed a very different, very refreshing, and entertaining type of interview. Plus, you confirmed what I always believed, that "Black Jack" is a stand up, old school, kinda guy that you'd want to throw down a few beers with, for the stories alone. Nice job :D:

Lip Man 1
07-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Gregg (and all):

You may also enjoy this one with White Sox Interactive:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=11&id=2085

Lip

AzureJazzMan
07-11-2008, 01:19 PM
How did I miss that one? When did you write that one Lip? Well done! :D:

I am jealous of two people now...I hope you're happy.

ArkanSox
07-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks, Greg (and Lip):

You are both very talented writers, and I truly enjoyed your interviews.

You offer great insight into Black Jack, not just the player, but the man.

These diverse interviews were wonderful walks down memory lane.

Lip Man 1
07-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Jazz Man:

It was posted at WSI in 2002.

There are almost four pages of names now on the interview section. I've done I think 48 or so of them. Feel free to browse.

Lip

Cangelosi CF
07-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Black Jack is a good interview.

Frater Perdurabo
07-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Thank you, Gregory and Lip, for posting links to those interviews.

I wish McDowell was still around, pitching for the Sox.

Hopefully, when he is ready, McDowell would join the Sox organization in a full-time capacity.

Woofer
07-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Very interesting article and interview. My family and I got a chance to meet Black Jack a few years ago when they opened a new Menards in Joliet. He was signing autographs, and was very friendly to my family. He signed a bunch of autographs for us, took some pictures, and took time to talk to us about baseball. He had my oldest son, who was about 4 at the time, sitting at the table next to him for a few minutes, and he asked my son if he liked baseball, who his favorite players were, etc. He will always be one of my baseball idols.