PDA

View Full Version : Mendoza Info

Lip Man 1
07-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Gang:

Any info on this Luis Mendoza the Sox face this evening? All I know are the basic numbers, 1-3...7.54 ERA. (Sounds like De La Rosa to me...)

Lip

Hitmen77
07-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Gang:

Any info on this Luis Mendoza the Sox face this evening? All I know are the basic numbers, 1-3...7.54 ERA. (Sounds like De La Rosa to me...)

Lip

Sox never faced him before and he has a high ERA? I just hope our team average for the game stays about the Mendoza line.
:duck:

AzureJazzMan
07-11-2008, 02:15 PM
From everything I have learned...Mendoza is a bit of a stop gap, for them to utilize until the rest of their injured pitchers get back. He is guy that was pitching pretty well in AA last year, and has shown decent flashes in AAA. I don't think that he has a future as a starter, but, I think that he would be a very good middle guy. He has a solid sinker...when it's working...and that's about it, from what I can tell.

Think of Paul Byrd, with more heat...a little less control...and no HGH

Very beatable if you get into his head.

eriqjaffe
07-11-2008, 04:39 PM
From everything I have learned...Mendoza is a bit of a stop gap, for them to utilize until the rest of their injured pitchers get back. He is guy that was pitching pretty well in AA last year, and has shown decent flashes in AAA. I don't think that he has a future as a starter, but, I think that he would be a very good middle guy. He has a solid sinker...when it's working...and that's about it, from what I can tell.

Think of Paul Byrd, with more heat...a little less control...and no HGH

Very beatable if you get into his head.I hope he's beatable if you just keep swinging at the first pitch.

UofCSoxFan
07-11-2008, 04:42 PM
I thought this was another Konerko thread at first. No joke.

KenBerryGrab
07-11-2008, 04:46 PM
I hope he's beatable if you just keep swinging at the first pitch.

A.J., is that you?

gf2020
07-11-2008, 05:15 PM
He is going off three days rest after getting shelled in his last outing because Millwood wasn't ready to go today.

Hitmen77
07-12-2008, 12:54 AM
....aannnnnd the Sox make him look like Cy Mendoza. I'm shocked.

:mad:

BRDSR
07-12-2008, 09:36 AM

So did I.

103 screwball
07-12-2008, 09:45 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking. I saw the Mendoza title and thought WOW even Lip Man is starting a thread about the poor hitting.